Non existent social life

The cafe down the street

 

 

It takes Seungcheol a couple of hours of non stop begging and several tugs on the younger's hair before Mingyu had agreed to go out and have a drink.

"Come on it's friday Gyu! We don't have to work tomorrow!" Seungcheol sets his down on the desk and Mingyu swats him away with a newspaper roll.

"Unlike you," He pauses and the elder rolls his eyes, "I have a schedule tomorrow. I need to go to the gym." The younger finishes off, leaning back into his chair, annoyed when he earns a scoff from the other male.

"You're still keeping up with the Saturday gym sessions?! Don't you have better stuff to do?" Seungcheol proceeds to sit on the desk again, not moving his despite Mingyu's countless hits. The younger gives up and shoves the newspaper roll towards him, letting out a huge sigh.

"Better stuff like having y times with your boyfriend?" 

"I mean you have to agree that's more interesting than working out in the gym right?" 

Mingyu feels his lunch frothing in his intestines, and slaps a hand over his mouth to resist the urge to puke. 

"Ewww gross. Now I am having visuals in my head."

"Do I look y in your visuals?" Mingyu looks up to Seungcheol smirking and reconsiders about changing his secretary. He has had enough of Seungcheol's bull.

"You know what? Just leave."

 

Mingyu doubts his sanity when he accepted the request to go out for a drink with both Seungcheol and Jeonghan. It is quite okay with either of them; Jeonghan's a decent guy who is quite dedicated to his work and he actually gets his done, Seungcheol's quite tolerable, well minus all his puns and the hours he spends talking about how wonderful Jeonghan is. But if they were together, it is a whole other story. They always had too much skinship, too much 'Jagi's and 'I love you's and too much suggestive talks that Mingyu feels like his being more of a third wheel than usual. Today is one of the days where Mingyu feels like he is too much of a and contemplates whether to run away so that the two of them can have sometime together.

"Last night was really good." Jeonghan mumbles, words slurred and almost knocking over Mingyu's soju. The younger saves it just in time before Jeonghan's forehead collides onto the table.

"Surprisingly, you can hold your liquor really well." Seungcheol raises his glass and brings it to his lips, downing the soju all at once. 

Mingyu nods and picks at the remaining ddeokbokki on the plate, sliding it around and watching the sauce hugging the outlines of the ricecakes. Seungcheol sets his glass back on the table and lets out a laugh. The younger looks up at him, a puzzled look colouring his features.

"Is this better than you emoing at home?" 

"No, not really. I enjoy spending time alone."

"You are hopeless." Seungcheol downs another shot of soju.

Mingyu stares as Seungcheol cards his fingers absentmindedly through Jeonghan's hair (Mingyu never understood why Jeonghan keeps his hair long and ties it up when he's at work. Seungcheol had given him a toothy grin when he had asked, wriggling his eyebrows and saying that it is for roleplaying purposes. Mingyu doesn't press on further because god knows what Seungcheol meant by roleplaying)

"As your social life coordinator-"

"Wait what the hell-" Seungcheol reaches over and pinches Mingyu's lips together to shut him up, earning a death glare from the younger.

"I am proud to say that I have done a good job." Mingyu doesn't get the chance to question what Seungcheol had meant by 'social life coordinator' (because the last time he checked Seungcheol is his secretary who is at the edge of losing his job), or ask him what 'good job' he is referring to, before a group of people appear from nowhere and are heading towards their direction, and Mingyu hears them caliing out 'Seungcheollie'.

He panics a little; the last time he socialised with people was ages ago, conducting meetings and discussing about propject plans with clients is not really considered as socialising as Mingyu just spends most of the conversation talking about numbers and costs. The last time he actually had a proper conversation with a group of friends was probably in college and he barely remembers how it had went. He swallows and makes a mental note to kill Seungcheol on Monday, or better, murder him in his sleep tonight.

"Yo." A blonde guy settles in the chair next to Jeonghan while the others gathered around the table. 

Mingyu shifts uncomfortably when he makes eye contact with one of the guys.

"Hey! Mingyu right?" The blonde guy stretches his hand out. Mingyu stays frozen for a few seconds before reaching out and shaking his hand.

"I'm Soonyoung but you can call me Hoshi."

"I'm Seungkwan!" Another guy calls out a little too excitedly.

"Seokmin." The third guy does a little wave.

"We all, plus Wonwoo work at the cafe near your office." Soonyoung explains, pouring himself some soju.

Mingyu scrunches his nose at the mention of a new name, he is still trying to remember and match the names to the faces of these three guys. Seungcheol turns and gives him a look resembling a proud father. 

Mingyu's 200% sure that he would never step into the cafe, he is already having a hard time dealing with Seungcheol, and his friends are probably like him too, it would be hard to deal with 4 morons at the same time. This Wonwoo guy is probably as bad or even worse so Mingyu's not exactly keen about meating said guy.

"You can come visit us sometime!" Seungkwan chimes, popping the last piece of ddeokbokki in his mouth. Seokmin looks like he wants to strangle somebody when Seungkwan had mumbled 'the last piece always taste the best'.

"No thank you." He rejects politely (at least he thinks he sounded polite).

"He says yes, and we are probably going over to your cafe on Monday." Seungcheol replies calmly.

"As your social life coordinator-"

"Why the are you my social life coordinator?" His voice comes out a little louder than he expects and several heads have turned towards their direction.

"Since when have you ever had social life?"

 

Weird and random update haha. I promise Wonwoo would be appearing in the next chapter