The Midnight Visitor

Naughty or Nice - A Girls Generation Christmas Collection

The Midnight Visitor

By Snapplelinz

 

The first time it happened, Lee Soonkyu had been 8 years old. It was the first Christmas she hadn't looked forward to because it was the first Christmas she wouldn't be spending with her parents. They had told her a month before that they were getting divorced and Sunny had already made her plans to run away from home that year. Christmas was her favourite time of the year and if she couldn't celebrate it with her family intact, then she resolved that she wouldn't celebrate it at all.

 

But before she left, she decided to leave her customary plate of cookies and a glass of milk on the living room table beside the Christmas tree. She did it every year and still waited with bated breath for the moment that she'd actually see Santa up close. Her parents had told her years ago that Santa wasn't real, but still Sunny hoped. There was just something thrilling about believing in something or someone against your better judgement.

 

So Sunny positioned herself on her knees in front of the big Christmas tree with its twinkling lights and massive baubles and said a little prayer.

 

Santa, I know I'm getting kinda old for this, but this might be the last chance I get to talk to you before I grow up and forget all about you. Pretty soon, my parents are going to get divorced and I'll officially come from a broken home. It'll be kinda cool to get two lots of presents every year from now on, but...if you're listening at all and aren't too busy delivering presents to other kids, could you maybe not get me any presents this year? I had my eye on that pink bicycle with the matching ribbons, but the truth is, I'd rather have my parents magically fall in love with one another again than a bike I can get any day of the year. So that's my wish: to be happy this Christmas, that's all I really want. Thanks.”

 

Sunny opened her eyes and sighed, feeling the loneliness of the room and the holiday season drawing in on her from all sides. Maybe it was silly to make any kind of wish.

 

Just then, the candles that her mother had lit earlier in the evening went out, pitching the young girl into an eerie darkness. Then an almighty crash that ripped at the trees sounded from outside in the garden.

 

Even though she was scared out of her wits, Sunny still ran out of the house in her nightgown and slippers. The garden was strangely quiet and the little girl gasped at the apple tree near the swimming pool that had been ripped in half. Just in front of the mangled tree lay a figure slumped in the grass with a ring of fire encircling his or her still frame.

 

Sunny jogged towards the figure and saw that it was a young girl like herself, but dressed and looked very peculiar. For one, she was wearing a shiny, silvery dress that was much too big for her; if Sunny didn't know any better, she'd think that the girl had been playing 'dress-up' with her mother's clothes. Her skin was practically translucent that Sunny could see the glittering veins in her neck and wrists quite clearly. Her body was so shiny, she was practically twinkling. And then there was her golden blonde hair, which looked white under the moonlight. Her appearance was so transfixing that Sunny almost didn't notice that she was unconscious.

 

When she finally came to this realisation, Sunny knelt down beside the girl and touched her. She gasped again when she felt how hot her skin felt, like it too had caught on fire.

 

Was she an angel perhaps?

 

Um, are you ok?” Sunny asked awkwardly.

 

Sunny was about to touch the girl's neck to feel her pulse when she lurched forward, emitting a rattling breath as she came to. Her eyes were blue and wide; she looked like she had no idea who she was or where she came from.

 

Hey, it's alright, you're fine,” Sunny tried to tell her, even though she was bewildered by this girl's abrupt entrance into her life.

 

The girl laid eyes on Sunny and seemed to calm down the longer she looked at her. But Sunny began to feel uncomfortable with the girl's penetrating stare, almost as if she was X-raying her insides.

 

Who...who are you?” the girl finally asked.

 

I'm Lee Soonkyu, but I like being called Sunny. What's your name?”

 

The girl seemed confused by the question, but still answered just as succinctly. “I like being called Jessica.”

 

Sunny sounded out the syllables aloud, liking the feel of the strange girl's name. “Jessica...”

 

Lee Soonkyu, who likes being called Sunny, where am I?” the girl questioned, sitting up and rubbing at her forehead.

 

Uh, you're in my house.”

 

Yes, but which planet is this?”

 

Um...Earth?” Jessica seemed even more astonished by this, which surprised Sunny. “Where are you from?”

 

A long way up,” was all that Jessica said as she got to her feet and dusted off her ridiculously long dress.

 

It was only then that Sunny realised that the fire formally encircling Jessica's unconscious body had finally gone out, leaving behind a smoking halo of scorched dirt.

 

So um...are you like an alien or something?” Sunny finally asked.

 

Jessica stared searchingly at Sunny for a couple of seconds. Despite looking the same age as Sunny, she emitted an adult-like sigh filled with a heavy weight on her shoulders. “No, I'm not an alien. I'm a star.”

 

Whatever Sunny had been expecting Jessica to say, it definitely hadn't been that.

 

Oh, um...cool.”

 

Jessica seem to come to a decision about something after tearing her eyes away from the stars above to face Sunny. “I've never been to Earth before; I was running an errand for my parents and must've gotten knocked off-course while travelling. But since I'm here now, why don't you show me around?”

 

Before Sunny knew what was happening, Jessica had taken hold of her hand and begun leading her in the direction of her house.

 

It was without a doubt one of the strangest and most wonderful Christmas presents that Lee Soonkyu ever received.

 

**********************

 

After spending the rest of Christmas Eve and Christmas together, Jessica disappeared just as obscurely as she arrived. For a whole year afterwards, Sunny was inclined to believe that the entire experience had been a dream. But when Jessica began making it an annual ritual to visit her friend on Earth on Christmas Eve and stay till the end of Christmas, Sunny soon realised that her visitor wasn't just a figment of her imagination.

 

It became as natural as breathing to hear a sudden crash outside and for Jessica to appear in front of Sunny as if she did this sort of thing regularly. With her annual visits, Jessica had the most wonderful stories to tell Sunny about her adventures travelling through vast galaxies. And with those stories, Jessica would always present Sunny with a rock that she'd picked up from somewhere in the realm of Space. Sunny had even made a special display case made out of wood and glass to house these rare rock specimens.

 

Time had been flown by swiftly as a result and Sunny was no longer an 8-year old girl whose parents were on the brink of getting divorced. Now she was 26 years old and an astronomer with her own little house in the countryside. It made driving to the planetarium in the city where she worked a little difficult, but Sunny liked the quiet solitude of her home and the benefit it gave her of uninhibited stargazing whenever she liked.

 

Her circle of friends expanded over time, boyfriends came and went. Heck, there were even a few girlfriends during short intervals. Still, Sunny ticked off the days on her calendar till December 24th came rolling around. It was her favourite time of the year and not just because of Christmas. It was the only time she could spend with Jessica, her angel from the stars.

 

Suffice it to say, after her most recent break-up had occurred, Sunny gradually realised that the reason none of her romances had ever worked out was because of Jessica. Her heart had latched onto that enigmatic celestial being a lifetime ago. It was almost unfair to think of how much she yearned for more than a day with Jessica and if Sunny had grown up differently, she might've hated the girl for irrevocably ruining her for anyone else. But Sunny knew that Jessica had no idea of her feelings, so she couldn't resent her for coming and going as she pleased.

 

It was in her nature to be a wanderer.

 

Still, it didn't stop Sunny from hoping that Jessica would finally stay with her for long enough so she could finally confess her true feelings to her.

 

Sunny was still entering in coordinates and data on the morning of Christmas Eve for a new star that she'd discovered weeks before. Her cubicle was decorated with tinsel and glittering Christmas decorations that she'd made out of paper and cardboard. A tiny artificial Christmas tree sat atop her desk and glued to the branches were little envelopes filled with Christmas cards that her colleagues had sent her throughout the week.

 

While Sunny was in the process of creating a graph in Powerpoint to catalogue her findings, someone knocked softly on the edge of her cubicle. It was Im Yoona, one of the planetarium tour guides and a good friends of hers. Unlike her usual maroon blazer, white dress shirt and grey skirt that she was accustomed to wearing at work, Yoona was wearing skinny jeans and a yellow, woollen sweater that left one shoulder uncovered.

 

Hey, Galileo. Still stargazing?” Yoona asked by way of greeting.

 

You do stargazing at night, Yoona, which I've told you at least a million times.” Sunny answered sardonically, keeping her eyes glued to her computer screen.

 

You know I never listen when you get all 'moony-eyed' about stargazing. What are you doing later?”

 

Probably heading home to do some stargazing,” Sunny answered, turning to face Yoona with a sly smile. “What's up?”

 

Me and some of the girls are gonna hit up a bar for drinks later. Wanna come?”

 

Before Sunny could answer, the a courier delivery man stopped at her cubicle.

 

Got a package for Lee Soonkyu.”

 

That's me.”

 

Sign here please.”

 

Sunny grabbed the stylus and signed where indicated on the delivery man's iPad. He tipped his peak cap at her and left, whistling 'Jingle Bells' merrily to himself.

 

Sunny opened up the brown package and a small box fell out of its confines. It was sky blue and wrapped with a silky blue ribbon that was a few shades lighter.

 

Ooh, who's that from?” Yoona asked, looking intrigued.

 

Though never malicious in her intentions or approach, the planetarium tour guide could never resist juicy gossip in any form, especially when it came to her friend's mysterious personal life.

 

Sunny didn't answer, but carefully untied the ribbon and opened the box. Perched on top was a slip of expensive-looking paper with the word 'Midnight' written with an elegant fountain pen. And underneath the obscure message was an even more peculiar object.

 

Sunny picked it up by its gold chain and discovered that it was a necklace. But instead of a familiar diamond cut, it was fitted with an emerald green stone unlike anything Sunny had ever seen on Earth. It just so happened that the stone was the same colour as the birthstone of the month she'd been born, which was May.

 

Wow...” Yoona gasped in awe, picking up the necklace and examining it. “It looks like someone went to a lot of trouble to get you a great Christmas gift.”

 

Looks like it,” Sunny agreed, her heart galloping in her chest.

 

She knew exactly who the gift was from. Every year before her arrival, Jessica liked to send Sunny a message delivered to her home; it was her way of letting her friend know that she was coming. But this was the first time that Jessica had sent Sunny a message at work, much less with an expensive-looking trinket attached to it.

 

Was this year a special occasion?

 

Come on, I'm dying here. Who's your mystery man?” Yoona demanded.

 

No one. It's just a gift from a...friend.”

 

Even as she said it, Sunny knew full well that Jessica was no ordinary friend. She was extraordinary, beautiful and Sunny was head-over-heels in love with her. Plus she wasn't exactly human. How could she begin to explain Jessica to anyone, much less a friend?

 

Uh huh,” Yoona murmured, not believing a word of it. Still, she wasn't one to pry, especially where Sunny was concerned. She only hoped that the young astronomer would find the courage to tell her one day, whatever it might be. “So about drinks later?”

 

Sorry, I can't, Yoon. I have plans tonight – with the friend who sent me this.” Sunny explained, holding up the necklace once more.

 

Yoona nodded and backed away. “Well whoever he or she is, I'm sure they'll enjoy your scintillating company.”

 

She flashed Sunny a wink and left her to her own devices.

 

Sunny breathed a sigh of relief when she was alone with her own thoughts again. Even though her demeanour was calm and unaffected, her heart rate increased with the idea that she'd be seeing Jessica in just a few short hours.

 

She could hardly wait.

 

*************************

 

Sunny finally finished working and headed home after 5pm. The sun was close to setting, making streaks of orange and pink spread across the sky. After enjoying a quiet dinner of roast chicken and vegetables and playing with her dog for a little while, Sunny grabbed her astronomical equipment and headed outside.

 

There was a small hill overlooking her house which served as the perfect vantage point for stargazing. Sunny slowly took out her telescope from its special case and began assembling it piece by piece while she stood on the grass. It was a Celestron NexStar SE model: an impressive looking piece of bronze and black machinery with astounding clarity in its optical system and easy functionality in its alignment capability with finding various celestial bodies and objects.

 

To begin with, Sunny aligned her compass correctly and set her sights on Orion, the constellation she'd laid eyes on when she made her very first telescope out of cardboard and glass that won her first place in the Science Fair. She could see the three stars pointing in a north-easterly direction that made up Orion's Belt and his two dogs that travelled with him into battle, Canis Major and Canis Minor.

 

Lastly, Sunny cast her eye onto The Big Dipper: a giant cluster made up of seven stars. And just above that famous asterism, Sunny could make out a bigger and brighter star called Polaris, which was often referred to as 'The North Star' by astronomers. Sunny saw something shoot past Polaris in a whizzing stream of light. Initially, she thought it was a shooting star. But upon closer inspection, she saw that it was moving too slowly to be a shooting star. Even thrSough the blur of silver streaks meshing with the hot blue flames encircling it, Sunny knew what it was.

 

Or more importantly, who it was.

 

She took her eye away from the telescope and stood craning her neck upwards to watch Jessica's rapid descent. It was even more enthralling than her usual ritual of stargazing, mainly because it was like watching every star magically come to life whenever Jessica landed on Earth.

 

Sunny was forced to jump out of the way when Jessica's graceful figure veered suddenly off-course and she landed with a loud thud. She had created a massive crater in the process in the exact spot where Sunny had just been standing just seconds before.

 

While the gaping hole she made hissed and sizzled with smoke, Jessica ignored it completely and began dusting ash and debris from asteroids she'd hit on her way down off of her shimmering clothing. Unlike the first time they met, Jessica's dress was not too big for her, but fit her perfectly. As it turned out, Sunny's previous assumption of Jessica playing 'dress-up' with her mother's clothing had been correct. But now that she'd finally grown into her exquisite body, there really was no need to wear any other clothes but her own.

 

Jessica saw Sunny standing a few feet away and she grinned in response. Even though she'd done this a million times before, it was still amusing seeing the look of consternation on the young astronomer's face.

 

Even though she'd seen her appear at this very spot many times before, it still amazed Sunny that Jessica's skin could sparkle like diamonds for several minutes while her body cooled down from the journey she made. And when Jessica entwined their hands, her scorching fingertips left their scalding imprint on Sunny's pores and deep within her heart.

 

Hey, Sunny,” Jessica greeted, shooting her friend a warm smile.

 

Hey, Jess,” Sunny greeted back, feeling every bit as awkward as the first time she'd laid eyes on this wondrous being from the stars above.

 

She really wished she could get used to this heady feeling of wonder every time that Jessica came crashing back into her life.

 

You look amazing, as always.” Sunny praised when Jessica continued staring at her with a radiant smile.

 

So do you.” Jessica stepped closer to Sunny and looped a strand of her friend's hair through a pale finger. “Your hair...you cut it shorter again?” she asked curiously.

 

Sunny blushed crimson under Jessica's ministrations and nodded. “Yeah, a few months ago. My hair was becoming wholly unmanageable and I needed a change. I think it might be too short though.”

 

Not at all. It frames your face really well.” Jessica said in earnest, which made Sunny smile.

 

After a few more seconds of silence, Sunny cleared and folded her arms across her chest. “What do you feel like doing tonight? I think there's a Superman marathon playing on Cinemax.” It amused Sunny that Jessica found so many parallels between herself and the humanoid alien from Krypton.

 

Maybe another time. There's something I'd like to show you.”

 

What is it?”

 

I want you to come up there with me.”

 

At first, Sunny didn't know what Jessica meant, even when she pointed at the sky. But when she realised that the celestial being was gesturing directly at the stars, she finally understood.

 

You want to take me to see the stars?”

 

Sure.”

 

But why?”

 

Because stargazing's more fun when you can see those bright shining objects up close in all their splendour.”

 

Well, I-”

 

Don't you want to see?”

 

Of course I would. But why ask me now?” Sunny probed seriously.

 

Jessica's smile dropped momentarily as she stood facing the shorter woman. “Because I've never asked anyone else to come up there with me. And it seems right that it should be you.”

 

Ok, I'll come. Do I need to wear a special oxygen mask or something to help myself breathe up there?”

 

You don't need to worry about that, Soonkyu. You'll be with me; I promise you'll be safe no matter what.”

 

Sunny nodded and gazed around them. “Well, you don't have any kind of transportation, so how do you plan on – oomph!”

 

One minute, Sunny was standing on her own two feet. The next, Jessica had grabbed her and hoisted her into her arms as if she weighed nothing. For a such a slender-looking girl, her celestial friend was surprisingly strong.

 

W-w-what are you doing?”

 

You'd better hold onto me. It's going to be a rough ride.”

 

And with that, Jessica straightened her legs and pushed them together as she went shooting up into the air. Jessica's ability to fly wasn't unsteady at all; in fact, she seemed to pass through the air as swiftly and gracefully as a butterfly. But the mere fact that Sunny had never flown in anything but an airplane before set her nerves on edge.

 

Oh my gosh! Did we just hit a bird?!” Sunny cried out, squinting her eyes shut, her fingernails digging themselves into Jessica's arms as she held on with all her might.

 

She felt a rumbling sensation in Jessica's chest where she'd pressed against it as she realised the girl was chuckling in amusement. “Of course we didn't, I'm always very careful not to disturb birds during their migration – whoops, helicopter up ahead!”

 

Helicopter up a-what – aaaaargh!” Sunny screamed.

 

Jessica gripped Sunny even tighter to her as she did an uneven barrel roll to avoid the blades of a military chopper doing a routine flight a few paces away. The movement sent a gust of chilly air through Sunny's face, making her feel queasy with fright.

 

Holy , I regret knowing you so much right now,” she wheezed, tasting bile in as they soared higher and higher through a string of fluffy-looking clouds. Jessica only laughed harder at her reaction, keeping a firm grip on her waist as they flew upwards.

 

Sunny was even more astounded when a flock of ducks went flying past them, quacking loudly in greeting. She never realised that ducks could fly so high. She shook her head and screwed her eyes shut, wishing more than ever that she could be down on the ground again.

 

Sunny,” Jessica whispered in her ear.

 

The air felt different, thinner somehow, as if they were now wrapped in a thin veil.

 

Open your eyes.”

 

Sunny acquiesced and nearly dropped completely out of the sky from sheer fright.

 

Except there was no more of the sky. In fact, they were floating through the black vastness of Outer Space now. Sunny glanced down in awe at Earth, which looked like a blue and green soccer ball from their vantage point. It was all so incredibly surreal.

 

Still, Jessica glided further and further away from her home, seemingly dancing through the debris of an asteroid that had collided with one of NASA's satellites floating nearby and shattered into large chunks.

 

Mercifully they came to a stop. Still, Jessica didn't let go of Sunny and her hands wrapped around her waist were a comfort to the astronomer.

 

Look over there and tell me what you see.” Jessica implored.

 

Sunny gazed in the direction of where she was pointing. All she could see was a dull, circular sphere, its edges bright and shiny, like it was on fire.

 

Is that the sun?” Sunny asked curiously.

 

No. We'd be frying like bacon right now if it was,” Jessica teased, which made Sunny chuckle. “Take another guess.” she begged adorably.

 

Sunny scrunched her nose in concentration and thought it over. It was definitely too cold to be the sun and certainly a lot smaller than most planets in the Milky Way. Which could only mean one thing.

 

It's a star.” Sunny murmured in wonder.

 

But something was wrong with how it was supposed to look. Soon, the astronomer realised why.

 

It's...dying.”

 

Jessica didn't say anything, but Sunny looked at her and saw the truth reflected in her morose eyes.

 

Why did you bring me here?”

 

Because this is what I do when I'm not with you, Sunny. Just like the rest of the celestial beings that belong to my species, I am a guardian to all the stars in the universe. I travel through galaxies to visit them and care for them; I am always present when a star is born and when one comes to an end. Even though it's sad for me when a star finally dies, there is something so marvellous and exquisite when it happens. Watch.”

 

Even though there was no sound, Sunny still shook with horror when that sickly-looking star suddenly imploded right before her eyes. Beams of white-hot light shot out from every direction, making Sunny's corneas hurt with their intensity. And she couldn't look away when the beams seemed to race towards her and pierce her right in the chest. As the debris of the star shot forward, they changed colour. Sunny could see blues, pinks and purples splashing across that infinite black canvas.

 

Sunny gasped when the last of the debris from the star floated at her and wound its way around her fingers, turning the exact shade of green as the necklace she wore around the throat. The same one that Jessica had given her.

 

Sunny turned to face Jessica, who was beaming widely at her. “Is this the same stone from-”

 

Yip. I thought you might enjoy owning the last piece of a dead star. Do you like it?” Jessica asked tentatively.

 

Sunny the emerald stone sheathed inside the necklace with her fingers. “I love it. Thank you.”

 

You're welcome. We should go back down now.”

 

Sunny never thought that she would feel sad to float back down to Earth in more ways than one. Being up there amongst the stars with Jessica, watching Canis Major and Minor chase each other through the darkness like real dogs and witnessing a tiny ball of gas turn into a new star, it was breathtaking.

 

Jessica was breathtaking.

 

They landed gently on top of the hill where Jessica had found Sunny stargazing earlier, their arms still wrapped around one another. Sunny was weary of letting go, even for a split second.

 

When the enormity of what they'd just witnessed finally hit home, Sunny began crying her eyes out.

 

Oh no, you're not supposed to feel sad,” Jessica chided, feeling utterly helpless at the sight of Sunny's tears. “What we just witnessed was beautiful and I wanted to share that with you.”

 

I know, and it was amazing watching that star become one with the universe again. But it was still sad to see it die because it reminds me of how short life is. And in my life, I'm always saying goodbye to beautiful things.” Sunny sobbed out, salty tears blurring her vision.

 

Jessica's eyes crinkled with sadness and she did her best to soothe Sunny, caressing her soft cheeks with her fingers.

 

Soonkyu-”

 

You always leave me!” Sunny snapped unexpectedly, taking Jessica by surprise. “You always come back, but not before you go off on another wonderful adventure and leave me down here with my heart breaking into little pieces every time. It's not fair! I didn't ask for you to come into my life and show me how incredible the world as I knew it could be. You're just...stunning and amazing and I don't understand you half the time. You're like this achingly sweet dream that I'm scared to wake up from. You make me so happy and frustrated; all I want to do is stand on your feet and stop you from flying back up to where you came from. Because the truth is...I love you, Jessica. My love is as immense as all those stars that you take care of. But I can't keep you and it hurts so much.”

 

Sunny had finally confessed her true feelings and given vent to years of loneliness and turmoil. Now it was being set free and blowing away with the wind that swept over their still forms.

 

Jessica couldn't take it anymore and eventually pried Sunny's hands away from her eyes as she tried to shield herself from further vulnerability.

 

Soonkyu,” Jessica said yet again, although her tone sounded softer and richer. “My dearest and brightest star. Why do you think I always came back to you?”

 

Sunny hiccoughed in confusion and did her best to wipe away tears from her eyelashes. “Because you just had to watch another episode of 'Smallville'?”

 

Jessica laughed animatedly and rested her forehead against Sunny's, putting her arms around her again. “I do like Superman a lot. But I don't love him quite as much as I love you.”

 

Sunny's breath caught in as she stared at Jessica, completely shell-shocked. What did you say?” she demanded, feeling sure that she'd gone deaf somehow.

 

Jessica's face turned deathly serious for the first time in her entire existence. “The night we met, I told you that I'd gone off-course while doing an errand for my parents. That wasn't exactly true. Yes, I was fulfilling my usual responsibilities, but I was tired of being responsible, doing everything I was born to do continuously. Even though it was unconscious, I think that my body moved on its own and somehow led me to you. I don't believe for a second that us meeting was an accident. Sunny, you changed my life and gave me purpose. I could finally look forward to my duties of looking after the stars and watching them shine. Still, it wasn't enough because you weren't up there with me. So to the intense confusion of my parents, I kept finding more and more excuses to see you every year, even though it wasn't nearly enough time to spend with you. I knew I had to be with you somehow, no matter what. Every celestial being comes to a turning point in their existence where they must choose to carry on with their responsibilities or choose a new destiny. Giving you that necklace and taking you up to the stars was my way of telling you that I've chosen a new destiny. I choose you, Lee Soonkyu. I love you,” she whispered out on the last part, tears falling from her own eyes.

 

Sunny's heart leapt with joy at Jessica's words, but it was so much to take in. “But what does this mean for you, Jessica? Are you really choosing me over being a celestial guardian? That doesn't make any sense to me.”

 

Jessica brushed her nose against Sunny's, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair wafting in the breeze. “It doesn't make any sense to me either, but it's what I want. I want to be with you for longer than Christmas every year. You're the only star I want to take care of now.” she answered, smiling radiantly.

 

Are you sure?” Sunny whispered anxiously.

 

Jessica traced star-shaped patterns all along the curve of Sunny's cheek. “Yes,” she mumbled.

 

Then she closed the gap and captured Sunny's lips in a sweet and urgent kiss.

 

It was unlike any other kiss that the young astronomer had ever experienced before. She felt sparks growing and gathering everywhere Jessica's mouth touched her skin, making her feel tingly all over. It was like she was burning her up from the inside out, but in an extremely good way. And even though it seemed virtually impossible, Sunny saw stars behind her eyelids when Jessica nibbled ever so slightly on her bottom lip and whispered her name in-between panting intervals.

 

By the time they were done kissing, Sunny felt like she wouldn't be able to stand on her jelly-like legs for very long. “Wow...” she murmured, a goofy grin plastered on her face.

 

Jessica looked pretty smug about the effect she was clearly having on the young astronomer. “You're the only human I've ever kissed before. But I can imagine that I pretty much rocked your world just now.”

 

Sunny scowled at the celestial being's stab at facetious comedy. “You know, I could very easily kick your all the way to Polaris.”

 

Jessica put her hands up in surrender and walked closer to Sunny. In turn, Sunny side-stepped Jessica's advances just to for being so cocky. In the end, Jessica caught her around the waist with that amazingly strong grip of hers till their chests were pressed tightly together. Sunny's breath hitched in when Jessica tilted her head and laid butterfly kisses on her nose, her eyelids and finally her lips again.

 

I love you so much,” Jessica mumbled against her lips, making Sunny brim over with desire and a need to start jumping for joy.

 

Sunny smiled and kissed Jessica again, hugging her tightly just in case she decided to fly away again. “So...now that you're grounded indefinitely on Earth, what do you feel like doing?”

 

Jessica pulled away a little, a pensive frown forming on her face. Then she grinned cheekily and asked Sunny quite seriously: “Well, it'll be Christmas in a few hours, so I'd like to spend it with you. Did you get me a present too?”

 

Sunny shook her head and decided to shut Jessica up by fusing their lips together. And as their embrace became even more heated, the stars in the indigo sky seemed to twinkle a little bit more just for them.

 

 

 

The End. 


This story was inspired by a Yulsic story called 'Love From A Star' by my friend MEAsquared :~)