Meet Samuel

The Birth of Samuel

“Uwaaaa,” a small cry could be heard from the distance. Immediately following it was a low grumble.

“Good morning, Sammy,” Seokmin grunted shifting in the bed. Soonyoung slapped his arm when he didn't get up to attend to his wailing son.  

“Come on, babe, today is a big day,” Soonyoung nagged, eyes still refusing to open. Even though he was trying to make his now fiance to get out of bed he also didn't want to lose his warmth so he snuggled up to him more. Seokmin mumbled sweet I love you’s while kissing his forehead and letting him rest even closer. Soonyoung sighed from content and kissed him back. They had gotten a big enough house for the three of them, complete with a backyard and a fence. Their wedding date was set in the fall and was approaching faster than expected. However, in this moment nothing else matter but the warmth of their blankets and soft chirping of the birds outside.

“WAAAAAAAHHHH” a now shrill and urgent cry shook them both from their serene  they practically flew over to the nursery, rushing to the crib to see their baby boy fussing up a storm. Seokmin looked to Soonyoung who rolled his eyes and click his tongue.

“Oh, aigoo, aigoo, the baby is awake huh? You don’t like being in the dark huh?” Soonyoung bent over the crib’s bars and gently picked up Samuel. Upon hearing his father’s voice Samuel stopped crying. “Awwww, baby is wet? That must be uncomfortable!” Soonyoung puckered his lips and kissed away all the tears on his son’s chubby cheeks. “Come here,” Seokmin left them to do there bonding over stinky diapers and those belly kisses Soonyoung loves to do so much. He decided even if it was about five o’clock he should still make breakfast since they’d have a big day ahead of them.

Seokmin got out the sausages, rice, eggs, and side dishes and made some coffee while he was at it. He tried to make healthy meals since Soonyoung was still struggling with the weight he put on through his pregnancy. Though, if you'd asked him, Seokmin still thought he looked very y either way even if the elder would argue otherwise.

“Okay! Here we are, all fresh and clean!” Soonyoung came bouncing in with Samuel on his hip. They had took a quick shower together to get ready for the visitors they were going to have. “Ooooh! Look, Sammy, daddy made food!” Soonyoung bounced the infant up and down getting him to giggle and smile. “But- first, baby must eat.” Soonyoung cradled Sammy, who looked very hungry and fussy again as he knew food was near. Soonyoung glared at Seokmin. “Turn. away.”

“Hyung, I don't get why you get so embarrassed about feeding. It’s a good way to bond and not all moms can do it you’re an awesome mom for-” Seokmin immediately shut up when he saw the murderous glare Soonyoung was wearing. He held his head down as Soonyoung threw a blanket over his shoulder and covered Sammy. He shifter under the blanket probably pulling up his shirt and hissing when he felt Sammy latch on.

“Okay, you can look now.”

Soonyoung had already taken his chopsticks in one hand and was feeding Sammy with the other. Seokmin just smiled thinking he was so lucky to have the blonde in his life. And today of all days was the most special for parents. The baby’s 100th day. Just like the first birthday this is a big deal. They hadn’t had much time with friends or school, it was strictly, work and Samuel so, they decided to celebrate they'd throw a party. Soonyoung’s hair had grown so long and his roots were visible with all those sleepless nights filled with rocking Samuel back and forth. Seokmin was so grateful to be engaged with someone as kind and pretty as his hyung. He wanted to reward him with something.

“Yah, what you looking at?” Soonyoung puffed out his cheeks questioningly. “Eat, Jihoon is coming over soon to help me set up. I’d rather him not see my fiance a stinky mess.” Seokmin giggled as his weak reprimandment and gobbled down his food. He waited till Soonyoung was done to do the dishes then went an got ready.

Ding. Dong.

The front door was buzzing on and off. Signs of an impatient Jihoon. Seokmin allowed Soonyoung to stay seated in the living room with Samuel in a rocking chair and Mickey Mouse clubhouse playing softly on t.v.

Seokmin opened the door and was practically bulldozed down by the light blonde man.

“Where's my Godson?” Jihoon totally ignored everything else when it came to him and Samuel. He stampeded to the living room and picked Sam up landing many kisses on his face. The little infant screamed in delight and gave him slobbery kisses in retaliation. Jihoon smiled so hard his eyes squinched up and his dimples were prominent on his cheeks. Soonyoung just watched from the couch while folding clothes. He was glad Jihoon loved his son so much.

“Okay, now that Jihoon is here, Soonyoung,” Seokmin clapped his hands and got the smaller to stand up. “You should go ahead to that hair appointment.”

“Eh?” Soonyoung looked at the younger confused as to why he was being pushed out.

“Here, money for the day. I don’t expect you to be back till three.”

“But, that's when the party starts!” Soonyoung argued.

“Ah, ah, ah,” Seokmin waved a long thin finger in his face. “Don’t you worry about this party.”

“Fine.” Soonyoung gave up. He made a quick trip to the living to kissed the baby’s forehead goodbye. Then after that he left. Seokmin sighed and then got the real decorations out.

“I can't believe he forgot it was his birthday.” Seokmin laughed and Jihoon face palmed.

“Sammy, can you say ‘dit-zy’?” Jihoon said in his best baby voice. He put Samuel down in the rocking chair and started to help set up. The doorbell rang and Jihoon opened it up to Minghao, Jun, and Chan who all brought the chairs and tables. “Good, go clear up the living room area.” Jihoon directed.

“Ah! Heeee’ssss ssoooooo cuuuutteeee uwu!!!” Minghao was jumping in place and hitting Jun on the chest. “Juni hyung!!! I want one!” Minghao pouted with wet eyes. Jun just laughed.

"We can try, baby. We can try.”

Chan was on the floor with Samuel on his blanket and a bunch of toys scattered around him. Joshua, Junghan, Mingyu, and Wonwoo had arrived. Joshua  was in the back helping on the latter to put up the banners. Mingyu and Junghan were cooking and Seungkwan was bringing the last dishes from his mom with Hansol. Everything was going well.

“Hey, Wonwoo-hyung, can you hold him? I got to go to the bathroom.” Seungkwan was bouncing back and forth and since everyone else was busy Wonwoo was his last hope. Regrettably though, Wonwoo knew he was bad with babies. They just didn’t like him. His voice was too deep and scary for them. Plus he always looked angry so they’d always be in bad mood upon seeing him.

“Uhhh….” he wanted to decline but a desperate Seungkwan was not having it. He practically threw Samuel and dashed for the john. Leaving a shocked Wonwoo with an even more horrified Samuel. “Oh. Please don’t cry...please don’t cry…” Wonwoo sprung back and forth trying to distract Samuel whose lip started to quiver and eyes started to well up. It seemed that he was looking for someone. Someone whose smile always cheered him up, whose laughter is the familiar lullaby for his nap time, and whose warm hugs always made him feel safe. Right now he didn’t feel safe at all. Despite all of Wonwoo’s attempts to put on different shows and do dance moves, it was inevitable.

“WWWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!!!” Sam let out the more ferocious cry.

 

“You know you’re was the son of a singer, because your vocals are no joke.” moments later Jihoon came to the rescue. and Wonwoo pouted. He really wasn’t good with babies. First Wonwoo frowned because Jihoon laughed at his pitiful look but then next he felt Samuel diaper finding it dry he went and made a bottle from of the bottles Sooyoung left in the fridge. After he heated it up he tested it out on his skin finding it correct and handed it over along with a birthing cloth.

"Wait, you’re not gonna do it?” Wonwoo looked puzzled. He had just made the baby cry. Why would Jihoon trust him to feed it? Jihoon just answered by handed over Samuel and heading back to the kitchen to help finish up the food. It was almost time for Soonyoung to come back from the spa and they still had to finish the chicken and make the rest of the side besides kimchi. Wonwoo gulped. He’s been boxing since he was five, one of the scariest kids in his class, and could conquer any one with just a ten second glare. However, here he was cowering under the intense gaze of a hungry baby. When he was taking too long to bring the bottle to him he started to wail again. “Alright, alright already!” Wonwoo freaked bringing the to his waiting mouth and letting his le till he was full. “Alright...good boy get your full.”

Minutes pass and Samuel was barely holding his eyes open. Wonwoo was smiling admiringly down at the tiny new born that looked even smaller in his hold. He watched as he finally drifted off and let go of the bottle with a tiny pop. Wonwoo took the cloth wiping his mouth and pushing back the tiny little hair on the top of his head. He was really too cute for words. He kissed his cheeks gently as to not wake him but was quickly caught.

 

“So cute,” Seokmin cooed from behind the couch. Wonwoo jumped from the sudden intrusion startling the baby a bit but as he shushed him he didn't stir. He glared at child’s father making him whimper. “You’re so good with babies, hyung.” Seokmin praised making Wonwoo blush.

 

“No I’m not.” the brunnette denied. “If it wasn't for Jihoon I wouldn’t know what’s wrong with him.” Wonwoo frowned. He wasn’t sure if he was ever gonna be cut out for this parent thing. Seokmin just sighed and slide right next to him.

 

“You may not be perfect, it’s okay no one is. it’s my kid and I still don’t know how to make him stop crying. Soonyoung would often do a really funny dance to get him to quiet down but he doesn’t care to listen to my singing.” Seokmin looked a little down heartened by this. “Yet, here he is sleeping so comfortably in your arms.” Seokmin pointed out. “He really likes you.” he added with a toothy grin.

“Yeah, yeah, take your child,” Wonwoo all but shoved the baby to hide his blushing and running to see if he can assist anyone with the set up. Seokmin just smiled and burped the baby.

After Samuel’s short nap, he was back to playing with Chan and Hansol pretending he was a airplane or a super spy or a superhero in which he particularly liked. Even Wonwoo spent time googling over him with Minghao and Junghan.

“It’s your papa’s birthday, what are you going to give him,” Junghan questioned the non-speaking child. Samuel cooed a few times putting his whole hand in his mouth making sure he got it nice and wet before pulling it out and trying to give it to Junghan.

“I think, he want’s you to have it.” Hansol smirked while Chan and Minghao chuckled. Junghan grimaced.

“Thanks.” Junghan pulled a disgusted epression and used Hansol's shirt to wipe it off. Hansol was not pleased what so ever.

“So, when are you going to officially baptize him?” of course Joshua inquired and Jihoon perked up because he was waiting for his moment to shine.

“I guess...as soon as possible…?” Seokmin shrugged he wasn’t really focused on it.

“OKAY, great how does two sundays from now sound?” Joshua pulled out his phone to show the calendar.

“Sure...Shua-hyung you can be the other godfather since kids usually have two.” Seokmin wasn’t aware of what he just agreed to but Joshua looked so stoked so he didn’t care.

“Perfect! I’ll contact my pastor ASAP!” and with that the church boy was off to go spazz about it elsewhere. Jihoon was not long behind. Seokmin shook his head as he finished setting out the food and just in time because his phone vibrated and Soonyoung was on his way back.

Wait.

Soonyoung was on his way back now and Seungcheol was nowhere to be found with the cake and the balloons. He called the elder immediately but the phone went on silent. Seokmin started to shuffle. He ran to Jihoon to question his wear abouts but Jihoon just shrugged saying he left the house before Jihoon did to go to work. Seokmin let out an exasperated sigh and started to pace back and forth.

“It’ll be okay hyung, don’t stress,” Seungkwan attempted to calm him down but Seokmin wasn’t hearing it. He wanted this day to be perfect and if it didn't have a cake and balloons that it so required then it wasn’t perfect. All Seungcheol had to do was pick up the cake and the balloons he had ordered it’s not that hard. So, what even happened? He looked out the window to see Seungcheol pull up and he instantly sighed out of relief and ran to help him.

“I was calling you. Where were you?”

“Sorry, man, my phone died and I had got a flat tire.” Seungcheol excused as he handed Chan the cake and Seokmin the balloons.

“It’s fine we got like only five more minutes before Soonyoung turns that corner,” Seokmin laughed nervously.

“Okay, see, you’re stressing. Don't.” Jihoon sassed, making his way to his husband (read Marry Me ;3) and throwing his arms around his neck. They started to kiss passionately as if they had been apart for years until Seokmin grabbed both of them by their collar and rushed them inside.

“HE’S HERE!!” he made everyone shuffle into the backyard and grabbed the baby turning off all the lights as fast as he could. He made everyone as quiet as possible (with Seungkwan there it proved to be a task) and they all waited in silence.

Meanwhile, Soonyoung pulled into the driveway. He turned off the car and got out. “Eh? That’s weird could’ve sworn I saw Jihoon face with Seungcheol on our lawn…” Soonyoung just shrugged it off. He felt kind of bad leaving Seokmin to set up everything while he went and got a massage but it felt so good to get pampered after so many days of letting himself go. He got a proper haircut and everything. He felt spoilt and it felt quite nice. He opened the front door expecting to see his fiance and his baby patiently awaiting him at the threshold but instead he was met with a dark house and a note.

 

Hey.

 

Soonyoung was quite puzzled. He spotted another one.

 

You know I love you right?

 

“Yeah you say it every morning.” Soonyoung wasn’t sure who he was answering.

 

But you’re kind of a ditz. :P

 

 

“Hey!”

In the cutest way. <3

 

The next note directed him to the hallway. There, he sees pictures of him and Samuel taken in the hospital room. He never noticed Seokmin was taking picture and you can see that since in every single photo he's focused on the infant in his arms. Just looking at the pictures take him back to that day. He was so scared and alone but when it was all over he was so thankful for his little miracle. He knows that he’d gladly do it all again. He noticed each picture had a note.

The first one was of him and Samuel crying.

 

After hours and hours of labor, you spilt beautiful tears over our son.

 

The next was all three of them smiling.

You made me the happiest man in the universe.

 

Once the were allowed back home, they had spent much of their phone space to take pictures of Samuel everyday.

 

Everyday, I got to see Sammy grow in our love.

 

Another picture was just of Soonyoung by himself smiling as he looked out the window.

 

Everyday I got to see your lovely smile grow even more lovelier.

 

Soonyoung had tears welling up in his eyes. After having Samuel, unfortunately, that moody symptom didn’t go away and now he was an even bigger crybaby than Seungkwan. He reach the last picture with just Samuel that was taken the other night with the brightest smile on his face and two of his little fingers clutching onto both of their index fingers.

 

Thank you for doing this, papa. Happy 100 days!

Happy Birthday.

 

Sudden realization hit Soonyoung and he broke down sobbing. How could he forget? He had spent so much time focusing on Samuel’s 100th day and he forgot about his own birthday! He felt really silly now. He tried to wipe his tears and look for his fiance who didn’t seem to be in the house. He then heard noise from the backyard and figured they must be there. When he came out he saw everyone out stretch their arms and hollered.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Soonoyoung started crying and laughing. Seokmin immediately ran over to hug him and ask him is he was okay but honestly he wasn’t sure either. He was just so happy. He kissed his fiance like, seventeen times before getting his fussy baby (it seems he missed his papa a lot) and kissed his cheeks a few times as well effectively calming him down.

“Thank you,” Soonyoung felt so blessed to have such friends and lover this sweet. He spotted a few others bawling with him in his moment before Seungcheol brought out the cake.

“Come on, I got your favorite, stop crying,” he was only acting so hard because he was this close to spilling a few of his tears as well. Soonyoung smiled and walked over to the cake that said 120 knowing they combined their ages (100 days and 20 years) he shook his head before wishing Samuel a happy 100 days and blowing out the candles. Everyone cheered deafeningly and Soonyoung took a piece of the cake and put it on his baby's nose. Everyone laughed and it showed to be a very memorable 100 days.


Bonus:

 

As everyone was eating and enjoying the party a sudden excited yelp came from the back porch. It was Minghao running and waving out of breath. Seokmin turned down the music and they all stared at him. He gasped for air for a moment before he started to scream some more and make incoherent sentences.

“Calm down,” Junghan grabbed his arms restricting his movements. “Speak slowly.” Junghan instructed and Minghao nodded.

“So, I felt the sudden need to throw up but don't worry, it’s not the food, I had been sick for a while now-anyway! that's not the point either because I went and grabbed one of Soonyoung’s pregnancy test-one can never be too careful with these things-and tried it out and!!!” Minghao was way too excited to finish he decided to let the test itself do the speaking. Everyone gasped, Soonyoung hugged him, and Jun squinted his eyes reading the instructions.

Two lines.

Jun passed out.


A/N: OKAY! So, this was supposed to be a one-shot but it so quickly became a two-shot since a lot of people liked it and few people asked for it. Plus user margo_red gave me an idea but really I got this idea from a Japanese commercial I saw. Anyway, I hope it satisfied your needs for cavities and impossible circumstances! Thanks for reading!

((aren't our boys amazing?))

((real quick what yall think will happen with Jun and Minghao? Somebody write this and link me!!!))

((comment & upvote))