Baby Sammy is Here!

The Birth of Samuel

“Soonyoung!” a particularly ferocious voice wailed from none other than Jihoon himself.

“Yah! You don't have to yell!” Soonyoung sobbed defensively.

“Where did you go? We were worried sick!” Junghan stepped in trying to make sure the two didn't get into a fight.

“I had to go pee, bruh,” Soonyoung rolled his eyes as they helped him sit down. He was currently eight months (going on nine) pregnant. His stomach was ridiculously round and protruded so far out the doctors wondered if he had twins rolling around inside him. “Do you know how long it takes a pregnant person to pee? Well first I have to sit- I can't even stand anymore! Then my bladder has to empty out mine and this kid’s piss-so, yes I went to pee for seven minutes. calm down.” Soonyoung crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

“At least tell someone.” Jihoon mumbled under his breath defeatedly. He was going to be the god father and he wanted to make sure Sonyoung was safe at all times. There was times he was more protective than Seokmin.

It was Soonyoung’s baby shower. They were at his and Seokmin’s house and all their friends and family were invited. It was a miracle, the doctors said, he was born with both male ia and a fully functional uterus. It took some time but somehow Soonyoung became pregnant without even knowing it. The world stopped a few months ago and Soonyoung was a celebrity, everyone wanted to know the man that had did the impossible; gotten pregnant. His DNA was tested in order to see if they could do the same with other male couples but no further information has been released.

For the time being, Soonyoung was just enjoying his time as a soon-to-be father along with his soon-to-be husband, Seokmin. It was his greatest goal to have as many kids as God would let him and his very first was soon to be born. He could barely hold back the excitement. His stomach started to growl making his hand automatically fly towards it to grab it and rub. It seems he couldn't hide his hunger as well.

“Shall I get you something, Hyung?” Mingyu offered kindly and Soongyoung nodded.

“Yes please.” Soonyoung watched as his dongsaeng set off to find him some food.

“Can I...can I touch it?” Chan came up to him and warily asked. Minghao was traveling not so far behind also entranced by the roundness of his stomach.

“Of course,” Soonyoung giggled taking Chan’s hand and bringing it to his stretched out maternity shirt barely covering his big belly. Chan was holding back at first but the firmness and warmth of Soonyoung’s stomach made him rub it a little harder.

“Here ya go,” Mingyu returned with a plate full of food. He wasn't sure what Soonyoung wanted to eat so he got him a ton of stuff. Hopefully, he’d like it.

“Thanks,” Soonyoung took a bite of the chicken leg and hummed in delight. “Hey, Chan you wanna see something cool?” Chan nodded still into the belly and the light flutterings of the baby inside. “The good thing about big bellies is…” Soonyoung placed his plate on top of his belly letting it balance there as if it belonged. “Is that they also serve as a table.” Chan’s eyes widened at the way the plate stayed still on top of the mound of flesh.

“Cool….” Minghao gasped softly.

“Well, if you find it so cool I can give you one,” Jun offered with a suggestive eyebrow wiggle as he appeared behind them. Minghao giggled shyly and shoulder bumped his boyfriend. While they were chatting Seokmin had made his way over.

“Hi, my cute honey!” he yelled dramatically flinging his arms wide open as he brought his husband closer. Soonyoung smiled cheekily with food crumbs decorating his face. They kissed passionately making Minghao and Jun relocate elsewhere before the couple got weird. “Aigoo, I'm sorry I left my sweet honey alone~” Seokmin said in a sing song voice.

“I missed you sooooo much! My sweet darling~” Soonyoung answered back in the same tone and they kissed again. Jihoon was next to them making pseudo barfing sounds. Could they get anymore cheesy? “Ugh, thank goodness I DONT have to go through that anymore…” Soonyoung thanked God referring to the barfing.

“Yes I couldn't take my cute honey barfing every morning, I was worried~” Seokmin patted the blonde’s hair. The older leaned into his touch enjoying the feel of his husband’s warm hands. Seokmin’s fingers threading through his locks faltered when his pregnant husband started to cry. “What? Soonyoung? What's wrong?!” Seokmin’s heart was breaking when he heard his lover’s sniffles. “Soonyoung!” he was confused. He knew mood swings were evident however, that phase was over a long time ago. One second ago he was laughing merrily and the next he's sobbing into Seokmin’s shirt.

“My-hic- ankles are swollen because of my fat !” Soonyoung sobbed and Seokmin wanted to tell him that he wasn't fat he was pregnant. “Uwu and all my friends and family are here and they're all so supportive,” Soonyoung panted out of breath. “Then my baby is kicking while my husband is rubbing my head-waaaahh!” Seokmin couldn't help but smile at his love’s cuteness. “Is anyone allowed to be as happy as I am?” Soonyoung managed through his sniffles.

Seokmin couldn't help it. His husband was really too precious for words. He tried to control his face splitting smile and brought the bearer of his child into his arms. “It's not illegal, baby, be happy,” was all he could say to comfort him and hold back his own tears. He didn't like seeing the love of his life cry even when he was happy.

After that little episode, the party continued. Soonyoung opened up many gifts of clothing (to which he placed on his stomach and he and Seokmin said cheesy things like “oh he looks good in it!” or “I don't think it'll fit”). Lots of diapers and bottles and pacifiers and things that Soonyoung had never seen before. He was thankful for all his friends giving him and his baby so much love. He looked at all his friends faces. His dance crew (Jun, Chan, and Minghao) laughing it up at the punchbowl, Jun still trying to get Minghao to take up his offer on getting him knocked up. Mingyu was staring not so secretly at Wonwoo and the other was staring back just as intensely. Seungkwan butchering some lyrics to some English song that Soonyoung was sure he had no clue what the words even were. Seungcheol, Hansol, and Junghan were betting on how big the baby was going to be. Joshua was helping him pick up in the backyard. He could feel tears come back out.

“Uh...Hyung?” Jihoon appeared next to him. “I know that I said tell me before you go to the bathroom but if you had to go that bad…”

“Huh?” Soonyoung questioned and then looked down to where the smaller was looking. “Oh...my..God...my sweet darling…” Soonyoung called his husband with hidden urgency.

“Yes, my cute honey,” Seokmin answered not looking at his husband but busying himself with the clean up.

Sweet darling…” Soonyoung added with even more urgency. He started feel a sudden rush of contractions and they ing hurt.

“Yes, my love?” Seokmin asked again still too busy to see the impending danger behind him.

“LEE SEOKMIN!” Soonyoung lost his cool. His voice echoed and now all eyes were on him. Including his husband. Seokmin’s eyes widened and Soonyoung just nodded his head like “yeah I'm about to have your ing kid we need to go”.

“Oh- okay. Um- JIHOON HYUNG CAN YOU RUN UPSTAIRS AND GRAB SOONYOUNG’S SUITCASE! JOSHUA HYUNG IM GONNA NEED YOU TO STAY HERE AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE GETS HOME TILL I COME BACK-- UH WHERE ARE MY KEYS???!” Seokmin started to freak out at Soonyoung was heavily panting. He had practiced his lamaze before, but the real deal made his so nervous and excited at the same time that he actually messed up the easiest thing ever: breathing. Jihoon had to remind him to exhale and help him through the inhaling process.

Seokmin had gotten everything they needed in the car including: several days clothing, baby clothes, blankets, medication prescribed by the doctor, a ton of diapers, a camera, a crib, a lot of other pretty much useless things but Soonyoung swore they needed them. Getting to the hospital was a breeze, getting into the room was a slice of cake, but the moment they arrived and Seokmin wasn't allowed in the room leaving a very scared and clinging Soonyoung to enter the operating room alone with one potentially last kiss, because it the world’s first male pregnancy and things could get messy was not easy for Seokmin to swallow.

He paced back and forth, back and forth nearly wearing out the hospital floor. His mind wondered struggling to make the best out of it. He knew his lover was a strong one and he made it this far into the pregnancy even when the doctors recommended they aborted it due to complications threatening Soonyoung's life. However, the blonde grew to love the miracle growing inside him and he couldn't let the fear of death stop him from bringing something so precious into the world. That's what Seokmin loved about Soonyoung. His selflessness and ability to keep going despite his fears. But if this ends up taking Soonyoung away from him what should he do?

Seokmin only loved him. He loved him the moment he set eyes on his smiling face and the way his eyes completely disappeared. He was so entranced with his husband’s face that he often won't sleep but will watch Soonyoung’s sleeping expressions. He loved how they had their own separate wavelength and all they had to do was look at each other and they knew what the other was feeling or thinking. Who else can he find to be his best friend and his soulmate? The only one who doesn't mind his rough kisses and loud voice. The only one who loves his morning look (breath and all) and loves the way he randomly sings and dances. Who will get his cheesy jokes and laugh or even make another pun to couple his? Who will-

“Seokmin.” Seungcheol placed a worried palm on the dad-to-be’s shoulder bringing him out of his stupor. Seokmin looked him dead in the eye and broke down. He hugged him as all their friend’s watched him cry into Seungcheol’s shoulder. He was prepared for anything and either way he would love their son no matter what but he was still scared. “He's a strong one...have faith.” Seungcheol rubbed the other dark haired boy’s back trying to calm him. He was shaking so much. He couldn't say he didn't understand not wanting to lose the person you love so he kept quiet because words like "it's going to be alright" never made anyone feel better when they're anxious.

“Lee Seokmin?” the doctor exited the c-section room. All at once, everyone stood but then Seokmin wiped his tears and stepped forward.

“Yes?” he raised his arm and pointed to himself to make it obvious that he was himself. The doctor’s face was unreadable because he was wearing a surgeon mask but then he removed it and a big smile was plastered on his face.

“Get in here and greet your son he's crying up a damn storm and we need someone to cut the umbilical cord and your husband won't stop calling for you!” he remarked in a loud voice.

It took a moment for Seokmin to realize what he said. Everyone was screaming and jumping around him but he couldn't grasp why until he entered the room with hospital scrubs on and saw his husband laying there tired and ragged. He furrowed his eyebrows and kissed his lips. He was so sorry that Soonyoung had to go through something that alone but he was so happy he was alive and the doctor said he was well. They smiled warmly at each other hot tears silently falling down their faces. After a moment of silence and just thanking God that Soonyoung was still alive, the blonde turned his head and nodded over to the other side of the covering where Seokmin could hear the sweetest sound he ever heard next to Soonyoung’s laughter.

“My son!” he exclaimed running over excitedly. And followed directions excitedly. He cut the cord and was able to hold his wailing son immediately. He had to hold the infant till they finished cleaning Soonyoung up and closed up his stomach. “See that beautiful person over there? That's your mommy~”

“Yah! I'm not a girl!” Soonyoung yelled.

“Shhh, you're gonna startle the baby~” Seokmin teased. He really was too happy. He had everything he could've asked for in life and then some. Soonyoung made grabby hands to look at his child. He was quite big for a newborn the doctor said it wasn't a surprise seeing as Soonyoung did have an enormously large stomach. Soonyoung could only laugh thinking that Junghan would happy to know that he had won the bet. He looked at his baby seeing that the boy had his nose but he had his daddy’s eyes and that made Soonyoung chuckle a bit.

“Our baby is pretty,” Soonyoung confessed and Seokmin hummed in agreement.

“Our baby needs a name.” Seokmin confessed. Soonyoung gasped at the realization.

“You're right!” he realized that thought out all the confusion he hadn't thought up any names. He looked at the tiny infant lying in his arms so comfortable with it’s parents watching over him. He yawned and they cooed silently as he drifted off to sleep. “I want to name him Samuel…”

“Samuel?” Seokmin wasn’t against the name. He actually liked it but he was curious as to why he suddenly decide on a non-traditonal Korean name.

“It means ‘as told by God’ we didn’t know this miracle would happen but here he is….” Soonyoung started to cry. “I’m way too happy, Seokmin,” Soonyoung smiled through his tears. Seokmin just clicked his tongue before placing a soft kiss on his son’s forehead and taking Soonyoung’s face in his hands. He wiped the tears there and peppered kisses all over his lover’s face ridding it of tears and making him smile and laugh the way he loves.

“I love you, hyung!” Seokmin took the older’s lips and let it linger for a moment.

“I love you. minie!” Soonyoung replied playfully. Then they both gave each other a look before looking at the sleeping baby. Seokmin leaned his head on Soonyoung’s head and Soonyoung laid his head on Seokmin’s shoulder.

“We love you, Samuel.”


A/N: DONT TOUCH ME IM EMOTIONAL. I was getting so in my feelings there are too many sickeningly sweet moments and tbh I dont need this good bye. I had just watched BTS’s “Run” MV and honestly I am so sensitive. I dont even know how I’m gonna function with that and this running in my head!

WELP. Enough of my rambles. I’m sorry for the mistakes I hope you liked it and I hope it “insfires” you to write more ((I’m such BTS trash rn did you see them interact with SVT? like bruuuuhh))

Anyway, I got school in the morning and its like 12am rn so, Good Night, beebz!

((still the best soonseok gif in the fandom))

Upvote if you liked!