Chapter 5

Hate Everything

“How is he doctor?” Jiyong asked immediately.

“Well,” the doctor began, “we have good news and bad news. The bad news is that we find him suffering from chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, it’s a type of cancer that starts in cells that become certain white blood cells in the bone marrow but then go into the blood. The impact can range from mild to severe and life-threatening.”

Their face paled as the news was delivered, and they leaned over, resting their hands on his knees.

“The good news, this still at early stage. We can do several treatment through chemotherapy including targeted medicines. Blood transfusion or platelet transfusions may be required in blood counts are low. If the treatment didn’t work, we have no another choice beside to do bone marrow or stem cell transplantation.”

“How could this happen to our maknae. How could we don’t know he suffer with ing disease.” angry TOP.

“If he wants to survive, it’s must start doing the treatment,” the doctor replies honestly.

Their nodded understandingly.

“Okay,” Jiyong continued to nod, “Can we see him?”

The doctor offered a warm smile as he responded.

“You’re more than welcome to sit with him, but I can’t guarantee when he’ll wake up and again, he really needs to rest.”

Taeyang glanced at the other before looking up at the doctor again and blowing out a stressed breath of air. He reached out, offering his hand.

“Thanks, Doc.”

“Of course. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to ask me or any of the staff,” the doctor smiled once before the parted ways.

When they reached their destination and the doors opened, they exhaled heavily and stood there in shock for a moment, swallowing hard. Their maknae look so small, so vulnerable.

Quietly, they pulled a chair up next to Seungri bedside, and they observing the monitor as it beeped loudly, almost in a cadence with Seungri breathing, which was now assisted by nasal cannula.

They feel guilty of being more concerned about their work than their own family. How can they fix what has happened.

“What we’ve done,” Daesung said, gazing at Seungri’s pale face.

“We will through this together.”

 

TBC