Ending 1.0

The Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1.Call Mark
Word count: 1778

Jinyoung scrolls between his phone screen, hesitating wether or not he should call the older. Mark might be sleeping, or maybe he is finishing up his new work. Jinyoung becomes hesitant, he is scared to disrupt his boyfriend. What if he gets mad at me for calling him so late at night. 

Jinyoung contemplates, but he just misses Mark so much. He needs the older right now. 

Several minutes passed, Jinyoung finally decides that he will call the other, and if he doesn't pick up after three rings, he'll just go to sleep.

Quickly, Jinyoung taps open the phone app, he's fingers dances on the key pad as he dials in the 11 digit number. He can remember Mark's phone number by heart. During their relationship, Jinyoung had called Mark countless times. Sometimes typing in the numbers on the number pad is even faster than going into his contacts and find his name. 

After pressing the call button, Jinyoung brings the phone close to his ear, and waits. 

The first ring.

Jinyoung isn't expecting Mark to answer his phone call this fast. In fact, Mark never answers anyone's call that fast. 

The second ring. 

Maybe he's sleeping? Or busy?

The third ring. 

Maybe I should call him tomorrow. 

Jinyoung is about to bring his phone away from his ear, suddenly the phone crackles to life. 

Mark?

Mark!

He is beyond ecstatic. A ruffle noise comes from the other side. 

“Hello?”

“Hey, hyung.”

“Hey, nyoung.”

The way that Mark says his name, makes him have shivers down his spin. Despite the fact that it's just a simple greeting. 

“I was waiting for your call.”

Jinyoung is actually very happy to hear that. 

“What if I didn't call?”

“Then I would've called you.” Jinyoung knows that Mark was smiling when he said that. 

“So, how's it going?” Mark asks  in his deep husky voice. 

“As usual. Tired.” Jinyoung sighs into the phone, “I just miss you so much, hyung.”

“I miss you too. I couldn't focus on my work at all, I wish you're here with me.”

“How's your day, hyung?”

“Boring, lonely.”

Jinyoung's heart breaks a little whenever he says that. 

“Hyung...”

A dead silent settles in. 

Mark speaks up first. 

“Hey, what are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing special,I'm planning to take a shower and go to sleep.”

“Well, then, don't.”

“What?”

“I mean ‘don't go to sleep yet’”

“Oh, okay? Why?”

“Because I'm coming over.”

“...” Jinyoung is speechless, he is surprised by the older's sudden urge to see him, “but, what about your work?”

“You're more important right now.”

Jinyoung can't help but laugh at Mark's cheesiness sometime. 

“But...”

“No buts. Why? You don't want me to go over?”

“No, no, no, no, no, that's not what I meant.” Jinyoung panics, he doesn't want his boyfriend to have the wrong idea,“I was just worried about your work.”

“I already told you, I don't care about that right now.”

“But it's really cold out.”

“Jinyoung, I have a car.”

“I just don't want you to catch a cold.”

“Don't worry, I won't.”

“Okay, then.”

“Wait for me, I'll be there in fifteen minutes.”

“I will, hyung.”

“I love you, nyoung.”

“Love you too, see you in a bit.”

Jinyoung hangs up his phone. He lets out a sigh. He's partly happy that Mark is coming to see him, and partly worried about bothering the red head. 

He stands up from his comfy couch, and heads to the bathroom to take a quick shower. 

-

Fifteen minutes has passed, Mark is still not here. Jinyoung has already taken a shower and changed into his night wear, a t-shirt an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter