Chapter 2

Nervous Heart

Jackson’s hand felt cold as he was driving back to Got7’s dorm.

He knew that he was going to remember this day until he die and he can’t manage not to smile like crazy. The words in their conversation are so vivid and it keeps replaying on his head.

 

You’re like a different person today. You’re acting like you’re treating me like a girl.”  Youngji said stammering with her wary eyes. Jackson figured she is nervous. He wonders why, so he tried to push his luck.

 

“But you’re a girl.” He answered quickly.

“But not your girl” She replied quickly.

 

Jackson paused for a moment. Totally surprised on how she answered. He can’t help but smile. His hands are itching to pull her close. But he decided to take this slow. 

“What is this girl even saying? Is she normal? Aish. She’s making my life hard to live, seriously.” He thought to himself.

 

“We’ll do something about that.” He answered firmly, passing the message directly to her.

 “You under estimated me. Im Jackson Wang.” He winked.

 

Youngji’s face is so red. Jackson restrained himself to hug her.

‘Whatever, Wang-puppy. You’re making fun of me again! Aish, this is a new way of attack huh!”

He smiled softly. Something’s been confirmed on his mind.

“You take care.”  He just added then he messed her hair before heading back to the car.


 

Jaebum found a sleeping Jackson on the sofa early morning. He is hugging a bolster pillow so tight with a smile on his face.

What? He is smiling in his sleep?

 

“Yah! Yah! Guys! Look at this!” He’s calling everyone that is now gathered on the table for breakfast.

“Hyung, we all saw him. You’re late. We even took pictures!” Bambam proudly flashes his phone with a sleeping and smiling Wang Jackson as wallpaper.

“He must be crazy. Don’t you think?” Jaebum asked JinYoung that is busy preparing plates for breakfast.

“He’s always crazy hyung. And look, he has shoes on.” YoungJae pointing on white and blue colored shoe that Jackson is wearing

“Woah, you’re right. This is new.” Jaebum answered while poking the shoe consistently.

“Hyung! Don’t!” Jackson suddenly sits and screamed like he’s woken up from a nightmare.

“So you’re awake! And what do you mean don’t?” Jaebum continued pressing on the new shoes

“No please, hyung!” He chuckled, avoiding Jaebum’s hands from touching his precious shoes

“You’re crazy Jackson-ah.” Jinyoung muttered amidst the scene

“Me? Junior mother? Crazy? OF.COURSE.NOT.”  Jackson snaps his finger at every word.

“Why do you think I’m crazy?” He energetically asks while untying his laces. He walked straight to the dining area.

“Man, you’re smiling on your sleep, your energy level is hitting the highest floor of this building and it’s too much for a Monday morning.” Mark answered

 

“Really?” Jackson answered blankly partially surprised by Mark’s vibe

 

The other members are waiting his face to twitch to be annoyed or be angry at Mark’s remark. But instead, Jackson’s face lightened up. His face displays his goofy smile mixed with his famous hyena laugh.

 

“Aaah. I must be so happy with my date yesterday that I am smiling up to my dreams” He says while grabbing his chopsticks.

 

“Date?!” Everyone unanimously asked him.

 

“I thought you were with GukJoo Noona and Henry Hyung! Who’s your date?” YugYeom screams

“So you bought couple shoes?! Aww! That’s too cute!” YoungJae exclaims with his eye-smile

“Really? Did you hide properly?” Jaebum asks

“But you did not wear insoles yesterday!!” Jinyoung states like he’s scared

“Hyung, how about Youngji noona!?” Bambam’s holding his chopsticks on the air

“But you just said to me the other night that you like YoungJi. Unless…” Mark paused

 

Jackson did not say anything, he drew a heart using a catsup on his omurice.

 

“Oh my God!!! Don’t tell me…!” Jinyoung and Bambam hold hands excitedly.

His smile beamed on everyone

 

“You! Sit down. Don’t eat until you give us details.” Jaebum interferes with his food on the chopstick before it enters his hungry mouth.


 

Daebak.

 

That’s the only word that keeps on repeat on ’s mouth. And so he explained what happened.

Starting from the reason why they were together because of YoungJi’s debt to GukJoo, his jealousy that grew when she talked about that Winner’s member (Wait? Did YoungJi tell him the name? Who’s that punk by the way?)

How he tried treating her differently because he was damn sure of his feelings and finally up to the last words that YoungJi said and to what he had said.

From his point of view, he opened up to s that he hopefully thinks, YoungJi might also like him. Just, he’s not quite sure and he doesn’t want to make assumptions and his heart broken in the process.

 

Now, they are arguing whether Jackson needs to confess as soon as possible.

There is pro-dating-YoungJi team: Jaebum-YugYeom-YoungJae  and there is pro-dating-YoungJi-ASAP team: JinYoung-Mark-Bambam

 

Okay. There were no anti’s on s.

Very much help to his growing feelings for Youngji.

“Guys, you need to calm down. I am not very much sure of confessing right away. I just want us to be together as much as I can, okay.” Jackson answered half-heartedly. Not sure if he just lied to himself.

“Hyung!! I’m so frustrated with you” Bambam said to him angrily.

“Yes, you need to settle this. You can’t deny that you guys like each other. They are talking on the phone at ungodly hours. Damn.” Mark retorted

“We’ll do it. As the acting mother-hyung, let me take care of it.” JR said like a small fire had lit in his eyes.

 

What?

Jackson’s taken aback from the step of the pro-dating-YoungJi-ASAP team.

 

Mark and Bambam held his arms and legs.He can’t move!

Now the other team is helping.

“Get his phone!” Bambam screamed.

JinYoung starts to tap his phone. He easily unlocked the security. They all know Jackson’s password is OGOG (YongG-YongG)

Jackson just watched in horror as JR freely sends a message to Youngji.

 

“Okay! We’re done! Good job guys.” He smiled.

 

They set him free right after.

Jackson hurriedly browses his phone. It was a scheduled text message that JR has sent to Youngji. It’ll be sent next day morning.

 

Oh my God. Jackson blurted

 

The text says:

I have something to tell you today. And don’t deny to yourself what I am talking about, because I’m seriously pissed when you said that you have sort of crush to someone else. I want to set things straight. 

 

“What Oh my god? You can do it next week you know. You can prepare. It’s not like you’d see each other tomorrow. We’re just testing the water.” JinYoung confidently answered.

 

 

I’m done. My life is done.

Nervousness fills Jackson suddenly.

“Tomorrow is Joon-hyung’s wedding!” Jackson hopelessly said.

 

Got7 members just looked at each other. “Oh” forming on their mouths.

 

Mark breaks the silence, “So well then, fighting?” as he tap his shoulder.

Everybody tapped his shoulder while leaving him in the dining room alone.

 

God, I need a reminder why I love my members.

Jackson has nothing more to do but to scratch his head.


 

It was the day of the wedding. Jackson felt the nervousness as he was wearing his suit. Somehow he oddly felt like he was the one who’s going to get married today because of his cold feet.

 

He checks his watch.

 

The message has arrived for sure. There’s no turning back Jackson.

His mind screams this thought.

 

He’d go 30 minutes earlier to accompany his hyung Ryohei in small preparations, hoping that if he talks and occupy his hands, he’d tone down his nervous feeling.

 

As he was about to go, a basket of tulips is on the dorms door. The card says:

 

JACKSON-AH, FIGHTING! YOU KNOW THIS IS OG-OG’s FAVORITE? AND WE’RE NOT SORRY BY THE WAY BECAUSE YOU’LL BE THANKING US SOONEST.

 

Based on handwriting, it was obviously JR’s.

He just chuckled.

 

Mother-hyung might be right. Maybe I’ll be thanking him soonest. Maybe next year or next month or maybe (just maybe) after the wedding.

Jackson felt a sudden spring of happiness at the thought.


 

The wedding was held in a beautifully decorated garden. It was colored yellow, pink and violet and everything is beautiful but there is nothing or no ONE is prettier than the girl standing in front of him today.

Amidst the hoping and wishing for his nervousness to slow down, the least thing he wanted today is to see an early Youngji. That is the reason why he arrived 30 minutes earlier.

 

But of course the twist of fate acts, an early-So-beautiful-goddess-like-YoungJi appearing in front of his eyes. He can only take too much.

 

Ah… Damn. She’s so pretty.

 

He unthinkingly walks towards her. Like something is pulling him closer.

He wants nothing more than her. Why would he be nervous? It feels like all the strings holding him back is finally broken. He likes YoungJi. He can’t be best friends with this girl.

 

No. Never.

 

Youngji saw him. He noticed that she looked down. He laughed. He forgot the text message that JR had sent. He’s sure she’s embarrassed.

“Yah. Youngji-ssi. Why are you avoiding my eyes?” Jackson

She smells so good that he wants to hug her

“Nothing. I’m just checking my shoes.” YoungJi answered softly without looking at him

“Oh... Shoes... Speaking of… What about our couple shoes? Did you wear it yesterday? Cause I did.” Jackson continued teasing her. He swears YoungJi is so beautiful when her face is blushing.

“No. I won’t wear it ever.” YoungJi angrily blurted. Her face is all red.

“Oh, why? It’s such a shame. Do you want me to buy other couple items?” Jackson said, now grinning.

 

She confronted his gaze. She pouted,

“Yah! Wang Jackson! What are you doing! You texted me that you’d set things straight, is this what you mean by that? By annoying me! Yah!” Now she’s shouting on his face aiming to punch his shoulders.

 

He captured her fists.

 

“YoungJi-ah, you don’t use your hands like this. Your hands are exclusively for cutting your favorite octopuses dishes. And…

…you know. For holding mine.” He winks.

 

He held her hands and tucked their intertwined hands under his coat. He walks, slowly pulling her.

 

“Wang Jackson! What do you think you’re doing?” YoungJi scoffed while pulling her hands away

“Sssh. Just stay still. We’re partners today don’t you know?” He grins.

 

He wondered why he even bothered to avoid his feelings for Youngji when even just holding hands felt so right.

 

“Are you serious? I know you’re just making fun of me again. I don’t like this kind of joke Jackson.” YoungJi stops walking.

He stops walking. And he let go of her hands.

 

He touched Youngji’s hair.

“You might think I was just joking. But I am serious. Can you just let me hold your hands? Promise, I won’t tease you further. Just for today.” Jackson’s face becomes serious

 

“Why would I allow that?” YoungJi said while crossing her arms

“Cause, I want to confirm something, and in case you want to confirm something” He honestly said

 

“…And it’s not because I like you. I don’t like you.” He said to her not even blinking

 

YoungJi is not sure why she let  Jackson hold her hands again, this time no smile was on his face and he just walks directly, to wherever. She didn’t even notice where he’s taking her and nothing else seems to matter in the moment. She’s not sure why somehow his hands felt so comfortable like she’s used of holding these hands from a long time ago. And she’s not sure why she feels like somehow crying on the last words he had said to her.


 

The wedding finished smoothly. Everyone’s having fun except for YoungJi and Jackson. He is not smiling and so is YoungJi.

 

He did not let go of her hands. Youngji felt him occasionally squeezing her hands at the middle of ceremony. She’d be surprise and when she looks at his face, he just smiles a little. He took care of her today. Just like the other day they had their date. She felt his different treatment again.

 

Before, she’d often see him do his moves to other girls. He's very good with words and she saw different girls literally swooning over him before her eyes. She concluded before that Jackson is a playboy. She’d be annoyed all by herself before and he would even ask what’s the matter.

There were times; he’d be sweet to her but they often ended up arguing up to trivial things. They were so comfortable with each other.

 

What are you thinking? YoungJi thought to herself

If you don’t like me? Then what are you doing? Pain starts to grow on her

 

After an hour of intertwined hands, Youngji couldn’t take it anymore.

She pulled her hands away. She headed straight to the center of garden where the vows where exchanged a while ago.

 

Jackson followed her.

 

“Is there something wrong?” He said blankly

“What? You’re asking me what’s wrong? You held my hands and you said you don’t like me! What are you thinking? What are you doing?” She said. Trying hard not to cry.

 

But Jackson laughed at the very moment.

 

“Ya! Why are you laughing? This is not funny.” She angrily said

“Wait here YoungJi-ssi.” He calmly says. She heard it as teasing.

 

He walks away from her. As he fades, she felt much worse. She wants to punch him in the face.

“This guy really.” She scoffed. Still trying her very hard not to cry

 

As he comes back, she noticed that he brought something.

His face totally changed. He’s not smiling.

As he walks closer to her, she felt a sudden nervousness.

 

He’s right in front of her, gauging her eyes.

He touched her hands, giving her tulips.

 

“It’s true Youngji. I figured out I don’t like you…

I love you.

 

What?

She feels her head spin.

 

“I’m not joking. I love you. You know, I’m honest about my feelings. Let’s not fool ourselves. We’re too good to be friends. But I won’t pressure you. I just want you to know, that’s all. ”

 

YoungJi didn’t mutter a word. She felt a sudden peace of mind. She just stared at him. “As expected of Jackson” she thought.


 

Jackson drove her home after the wedding; Youngji had a lot on her mind. 

They are now standing in front of Kara’s dorm.

 

“Yah. You didn’t even utter a word. Did you even heard me saying ‘I love you’ to you. I said that I won’t pressure you but shouldn’t you react a little? Or you want me to say it again huh? ” Jackson softly said

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I...” She put her hands on his mouth

 

“Okay, okay.” She can’t help but chuckle. This is a new side of him she saw today.

 

Silence fell over them. A little awkwardness. His gaze directly on her face.

YoungJi breaks the silence. She tiptoed a little, kissing his cheek. She saw him close his eyes. She smirked.

 

“Prove your feelings Wang Jackson” she smiled

 

But YoungJi is sure about hers.


 

 

Hello everyone! So I added another chapter. I hope you enjoy this as well. Please leave me with comments because I want to know what you guys think about the story. I might be adding another chapter if my Jackji heart is beating hard (who knows?) . Thank you for reading. Hwaiting~♥

 

PS. I'm orange :)