Chapter 3

Nervous Heart

YoungJi wakes up at the sound of her phone ringing. It’s 6 AM. She checks her phone immediately for Jackson’s text message or chat or whatever. To her disappointment, Its Kara’s manager who texted, reminding Kara members for their schedule today at 12 noon.

That Jackson idiot. She thought to herself.

It’s been a week since their last conversation. Honestly, this is the longest span of time that they did not talk to each other. Even way before Jackson confessed his feelings to her. He is very diligent in calling or messaging or arguing or annoying her.

She browses her phone.

Wow. It’s been exactly a week and this idiot even said that he loves me. He can’t even text me. Tch.

YoungJi continued browsing their last conversation before Jackson went to film Law of the Jungle to some faraway country. She clearly remembers everything even without her phone.

 

Youngji! Received 8:05 PM

What? Sent 8:07 PM

Nothing :) Received 8:09 PM

You’re just bothering me? Sent 8:13 PM

Yeah. I guess I miss you. Received 8:15 PM

We met just 2 hours ago in music bank. Yah! I just remembered! Why did you compliment me in front of everyone during introduction of Cupid a while ago? I had a mini-heart attack! All the unnies tease me.  Sent 8:20 PM

I just said you’re pretty. Received 8:22 PM

But you shouldn’t say that in front of camera!  Sent 8:23 PM

Why??? I always say you’re pretty in front of cameras. Don’t you remember? Received 8:25 PM

No!!! Sent 8:26 PM

Oooh. It seems like Miss YoungJi is afraid of getting caught suddenly. Received 8:28 PM

 

Of course, you Idiot! Sent 8:29 PM

 

But why? We’re not yet a couple. Or are WE??? Received 8:30 PM

ARE WE??? Received 8:30 PM

 

NO. Shut up! Sent 8:31 PM

Ouch! Received 8:33 PM

 

YoungJi felt embarrassed by the direction of their conversation. That was her last reply.  It’s like she was caught by him. Honestly, she likes Jackson but somehow she’s afraid of what she’s feeling. She likes him. No, she figured she likes him a lot.

 

 

Hey YoungJi! You saw my message. Received 8:40 PM

Yah. You’re so cruel. I’m just joking. Received 8:41 PM

Sorry. I’M REALLY JUST JOKING. You’re annoyed? Received 8:42 PM

 

She can’t find the words to say to him. Her phone rings. It’s him. She picks up the phone.

 

“YoungJI! Okay, let me say five things. First, you don’t have to say anything. I’m just joking. I’m sorry. I’m not forcing you or whatever. I’m just really joking. Second, I called because you’re not replying and I don’t think I can sleep if I won’t clarify this and I know you’re not going to reply because you did that to me a hundred times…”

“No! I didn’t” She interrupted

“See. I need to annoy you to talk.” He laughed

“You’re really great at that Wang Jackson” YoungJi can’t help but smile

“Anyway, third, I called because I feel like I need to tell you this, I did not tell you this story before because you might think I’m crazy but since I confessed, yeah, so…  After roommate ended, I had trouble sleeping for two months in the dorm. I’m always thinking of you. I’m wondering what you’re doing or are you sleeping too or if… you know…you miss me too… Cause you know… I missed you so much. So I bothered you everyday. Hahaha. Am I great?” Jackson suddenly paused from his long story.

 

Stay still, my heart. Youngji forces herself to keep calm.

Jackson and his mouth, really! Her heart pounds hard

 

“And fourth, I’m leaving tomorrow, I’m going to film Law of the Jungle so I’d be gone for like a week but I’ll try my best to contact you... That’s it.” He said continuously

“Okay.” She answered

“Bye. You take care while I’m gone” He said. The call ended.

 

But then the phone rings again.

 

“Hello? Did you forget anything?” She laughed as she picked up the call

I love you.” He said

 

She couldn’t talk. There’s this feeling every time he say that words to her.

 

“That’s my fifth. Good night.” He softly said.


 

Hara squeals while browsing her phone. “YoungJi look!!!”

“Unnie? Is there something wrong?” YoungJi asked while running towards her.

“Yah! Your husband is back! He looks so manly!” Hara displays her phone to YoungJi.

“Unnie! He’s not my husband. He’s…” YoungJi paused whatever she was about to say when she saw Jackson’s picture from airport. He looks different. Unshaved face, no make-up, his hair tied upwards and he’s wearing sleeveless cloth.

 

You gotta admit he looks SO good. YoungJi’s brain is talking to herself. She felt a sudden headache.

 

“So he’s not your husband huh?” Hara teases her.

“Youngji-ah. I don’t know why you’re holding back. I know you like him. Just look at your face right now. It’s so funny! You’re so in love with Jackson! I’m so jealous!” Hara added while her hair.

“But unnie…” YoungJi knows her face is tomato red right now.

 

Why do you have to look like that Idiot? She doesn’t know if she hates him or she hates herself


 

It’s about 10AM. YoungJi just finished her make-up for their schedule. Her body is doing everything else that is listed in their schedule. Her mind, however, is in a different planet at the moment.

She almost dropped her phone when it played Mamamia. The display screen says it’s the-call-you’ve-been-waiting-for-a-week Jackson.

 

“Hello! YoungJi! I MISSED YOU!!! ” He energetically says immediately when she picked up the phone.

“Whatever.” YoungJi snaps at him.

 

She’s lucky because he is not in front of her right now. She doesn’t want to see that manly picture in actuality. She might actually cry if she sees him today because she knows that she missed him.

 

“YOUNGJI!!!!!!!” Hara calls her from the outside room.

 

“Wait Jackson. I’ll just call you later. Bye.” YoungJi hurriedly drops the call.

 

Oh thank you unnie!  Even small conversation now with Jackson makes her heart beat so hard. What is this?

She immediately went out of her room just to see what her unnie is doing.

 

“We have a visitor! A handsome visitor!” Hara’s beautiful face displays an ear-to-ear smile.

 

When that handsome visitor waved his hand and smiled like it’s the best day of his life, YoungJi concluded that the goddess of luck hates her today.


 

Now, that ruggedly handsome Jackson is standing right in front of her. He’s just staring at her and not saying anything.

 

“Uhm.” She cleared . She tried her best to avoid his eyes.

“I have a schedule today. And I think we’re leaving soon.”  She continued.

“It’s okay. I just went here before going to the dorm to see you.” He said smiling.

“Okay.” She’s not sure what to say. God, she can’t look at him.

 

He suddenly laughed.

 

“Youngji-ah, do I look weird today?” He said now his hands cupping her shoulders

“No.” She said, still not looking at him

“I look different?” He teases, cutting the distance of her face to his face. Looking at her eyes.

“No.” Trying her best not to look.

 

Why do you have to smell good?  YoungJi’s having a headache. That’s for sure. Her mind is completely blank at the moment.

 

“God, you’re so cute.” Jackson laughed and suddenly,

 

 YoungJi found herself inside his arms.

He is hugging her tight.

 

She doesn’t know why she’s not complaining. Somehow, she felt her mind at peace in his arms.

“I missed you.” He softly said while brushing her hair.

“You didn’t text me.” She can’t control herself. It feels like she’s gonna cry anytime soon. She buries her head inside him.

“Do you know hard to find signal there? They told me I look like a monkey! I tried climbing three different trees but it’s useless!” He laughed still brushing her hair.

“But you still look like a monkey even if you don’t climb a tree.” She said, now smiling. She let go of his embrace.

“What! Are you sure? I’m Wang Jackson!” He said now holding her hands

“Whatever.” She replied. Now laughing

 

Hara cleared “Yah! I might die here from envy. The other members are doing their schedules; nobody will bring me to the hospital.  Can you tone down the skinship?”

 

“Oh, Im sorry!” Jackson said to Hara while laughing.

“I guess, you’re leaving?” Jackson said to Youngji, smiling

“Yeah. Sorry.” YoungJi honestly replied

“It’s okay. I still have many sleeps to catch. I just missed you. Go now.” He smiled while patting her hair

 

YoungJi waves goodbye to him before climbing the van. Her HEART head really aches.


 

There’s no sense in doing this right? Stop torturing yourself Heo YoungJi.  YoungJi’s mind tells her this.

 

It’s already 3 am and she can’t sleep.

She decided to browse Instagram and post a selca.

 

Her phone rings suddenly.

 

“YoungJi. SLEEP.” Jackson’s husky voice fills the other line

“And you? Why are you awake?” She replied

 

“Because I’m really about to sleep and you posted that picture and now I can’t sleep. So be good to me. Stop posting pictures. The jackji fans already tagged me hundred times okay. As if, they need to tag me.” He laughed.

 

“Sorry. Go to sleep okay” She said softly

“Okay. Good night. Dream of me.” He added

“What a joke.” She teased

“Good night. “ She added. Ending the call.

 

Silence filled her room.

 

Okay. Heo YoungJi, enough with this. Just say what you want to say. Feel what you want to feel. She argued to herself.

 

She smiled and wondered what will he look like tomorrow. And for the first time, since the day that Jackson confessed, she sleeps in peace.


 

Okay, so you might find this chapter a little shorter than usual. I just want to explain Youngji's part. :)

So what do you think? It's Youngji's turn to confess this time.

Have fun reading and COMMENTS ARE WELL-APPRECIATED by me.

Thank you!

Love, Orange.

 

---

51213: So I'm halfway through my next chapter. But because it's the Christmas season. I am having time constraints. Please wait for the next chapter.

Thank you. Love you all!