Chapter 1

Nervous Heart

Somehow, Jackson managed all his fellow bandmates to watch the clip that he had downloaded from Youngji’s web drama. 

“You guys need to watch this or else Youngji will kill me.” Jackson said while aiming the cursor at the play button

(Mark didn’t said a thing, he thought this is normal of Jackson when it comes to Youngji. Jaebum exchanged glances with JinYoung and Bambam and they all ended up having that toothy grin. Yugyeom sends a message on their group chat saying “Love is forever” followed by YoungJae’s heart emoji.)

He was distracted by his phone, notifiying the message he recieved from Yugyeom. Scanning the faces of s, they all have this smile that serves to be an inside joke to them when he talks about Youngji.

”Oh come on you guys, you’ve got to be kidding me. We’re friends. This is my way of showing support!”  He answered in defense because he exactly knows what s are thinking of at the moment. He paused the video to push Yugyeom on their sofa.

“Friends? Really? You don’t need to lie to us” Mark smirked.

“Hyung. We all know you like Youngji. It’s not like we don’t want her for you.”Yugyeom said, chuckling.

“No, I was just, I was just.. Trying to make you guys see her web drama. Nothing more.” Jackson said.

Jackson is totally out of the mood now. “Just sleep!” He throws a pillow at Mark’s face.

 


But he can’t sleep.

If his eyes can bore a hole. His’ and Mark’s ceiling has a big damage by now.

He looked at Mark, not even facing him. This guy sure doesn’t want to have Youngji-related conversation tonight. Jackson thought.

He wholeheartedly saved the drama as per Youngji’s request because she said that she’ll kill him if she got no comment from him. Although, honestly, he doesn’t want to see some of the parts especially those when Youngji kissed that guy on the story because In-love/dating acting is too cheesy for him.

 

YugYeom words from earlier conversation somehow managed to seep through his brain. It keeps echoing for some reason.

“Hyung. We all know you like Youngji. It’s not like we don’t want her for you.”

“Hyung. We all know you like Youngji..”

“We all know you like Youngji..”

“You like Youngji..”

“You like Youngji..”

“I like Youngji..”

 

Somehow, He had actually blurted out the last part out-loud because Mark is facing him now, saying

““Man, you should be saying that to her, not to the ceiling.“

Im screwed.

He totally felt like he’s been caught stealing something.

He did not say a thing though. He just faced Mark on the opposite direction. He wanted to answer this but the words just couldn’t get out of his throat.

“I don’t know. But there’s something in our relationship that makes me just want to . It’s very comfortable this way. And besides, we have dating clause. There’s no sense confessing. We’re idols. And I’m not really sure of what I am actially feeling by now. It’s like we’re way too comfortable with each other just to tear up this kind of relationship“

In his heart, there is something wrong with saying the words ”I like you” to Youngji and he doesn’t even know what or why.

 


It’s Sunday and his day is all cleared up of schedule, today he is hanging out with Henry and Gukjoo. They all agreed to shop together for Joon’s wedding gift.

Although, he has bad omen regarding this “shopping” because Gukjoo texted him the other night that says:

 

Jackson-ah, thank you in advance for letting me see Henry. Hehe. I’m excited! Sender: Gukjoo Noona ♥ Received: 7:25 PM

Somehow, he invisioned himself alone in some part of today. He arrived late at the shopping mall that his Gukjoo-noona had said. He entered the shoe store, glancing at people and looking for Gukjoo and Henry. His phone lit,

Jackson, I have a gift for you. And it’s yellow :) Sender: Gukjoo Noona ♥ Received: 8:05AM

 

Huh? What is happening?

 

Noona, don’t tell me you’re not going? Why do you have to give me a gift? Sent: 8:07 AM

Yah! Let me have this time alone with Henry, you insensible kid! Besides you’d like my gift better than me x100%.Duh. Sender: Gukjoo Noona ♥ Received: 8:10 AM

 

Someone tapped his back as he was to about to reply to Gukjoo.

A girl with a beaming smile, wearing a yellow dress just covering half of her thighs, popped out of nowhere.

He tried hard not to smile like an idiot.

 

Jackson agrees that he is not an accurate fortune teller of bad omens.

 


Yes. It was YoungJi.

“What are you doing here? You didn’t even text me yesterday. You said you have schedule today. And what are you doing outside with that kind of clothes?” He nags like her mother. He took off the jacket he is wearing and positioned it so that she’d just have to slide her arms.

“Yah. I just bought this in Japan. You can’t even recognise fashion. Tch.” She answered while voluntarily wearing his jacket.

“That’s not fashion. It does not suit you. Do not wear this kind of dresses.” Jackson glided the jacket smoothly on her and he fixes the jacket on her, staring directly on the zipper. Avoiding her eyes that he missed so much

“Okay fine. I won’t wear any of these... When you’re around.” She laughed

He’s seriously annoyed. He can’t tell whether he’s annoyed because she’s wearing it right now or she might wear it when other boys are around.

“Yah. Im just joking. Why are you so grumpy today.” She laughed and smiled that youngji’s-famous-wide smile while his hair.

Okay. I’m really screwed. He thought to himself looking at her, hopelessly forgetting he was mad because of her touches.

“What are you doing here really?” He cleared his throat.

“Wang Jackson. It seems like you didn’t missed me.” She dramatically shakes her head

“No. It’s not that. I mean, I’m supposed to meet Gukjoo Noona and Henry Hyung here.” He explained, hoping she heard him correcting the part that he haven’t missed her.

“Unnie texted me to come here as payment for my debt to her. Luckily it’s you I’m going to meet! I never knew the payment was this easy” She beamed and laughed.

(But he hated the way Youngji said the word “easy” for sure)

“What debt are you talking about? Gukjoo noona sured to have her date with Henry hyung. Haha.” He laughed

“Well... I asked unnie to accompany me to a certain concert.” Youngji answered while scratching her head

“Huh? Who’s concert is that?” Jackson’s eye brows frowned

“Winner’s” She said shyly

“Why? Are you having crush on someone there?“ He asked half-heartedly

“Yeah. you can put it that way, if you like.” She answered,blushing.

“Who?”

“Secret.” She sticked her tounge and laughed hard.

 

Jackson is not even smiling at her sense of humor today.


 

If it’s not Jackson whom Youngji spent the day with. She’d say that she had a date today.

Gookju and Henry didn’t even showed the whole day so they spent the day together.

They picked gifts for her Joon-oppa’s wedding. Bought shoes together (She suggested that couple shoes because of couple word attached on it because she defended that it’ll be cheaper, the color was nice and she said that no one would even notice. And he miraculously just ordered the sales lady to give them their sizes without arguing much and even gave her the shoes for free. He is acting oddly and he even get on his knee to check if the shoe fitted on her.

He smiled idiotically on her eyes. But she wasn’t sure why her heart is pounding and she keeps telling herself to keep calm.

They ate in a restaurant where Jackson ordered spicy ramen and then later on exchanged it to cheese ramen that Youngji intentionally ordered because she figured out that Wangkong is definitely not in his right mind today, Because he keeps on glancing at her like he’d say something and she’s really, really, really curious but she did not even spit a word. Because her heart is saying something unbelievable but her brain doesn’t want to confront Jackson at this moment.

She gave him a scarf though. To pay for the free shoes. She put them in his neck, to make fun of him. But she definitely did not laugh when she found his gaze directly on her face. He is not even saying anything and just keeps staring at her. She tried to ask “What’s wrong with you today huh?” in a joking way but he just smiled and answered

 

“No. This is the right attitude and the other days I spent with you are the wrong ones.”

 

She gulped hard and maybe she gulped butterflies because they are flying in her stomach.

They watched the movie that she pestered him, for two weeks and she remembers his reply on her texts was always a big fat “No” and he also sweared to her that “I won’t watch it ever.”

But when youngji brought the tickets to him, he had no reaction and just ordered her to buy cheese popcorn. He gently hold her wrists to guide her on that dark entrance of the movie house. And Youngji just felt the heat wave on her face. She knows she’s blushing hard.

And he even drove her home.

When she get off the car it feels weird. This is not Youngji-Jackson feeling. It’s different. It’s..

Ah. She can’t find the words.

He walked her through the front of her dorm.

“Thanks for the time. Keep this for the mean time.” Jackson said while fixing his jacket that was on her again

She laughed hard in return and Jackson had this puzzled face shouting the word “What??”

“You’re different today. And this is weird” She answered, Youngji couldn’t even look at him in the eyes.

“What is weird?” He answered now, softly chuckling

“You’re like a different person today. I am.. You’re acting like you’re treating me like a girl.” Youngji blurted

“But you’re a girl.” He answered

 

“But not your girl” She murmured under her breath.

Okay. I’m done! Youngji wished to disappear by now.

 

It feels like Jackson is hitted by a lightning.

 

“We’ll do something about that.” He answered

 

Wait. What?  

Did Youngji heard him wrong?

 

“You under estimated me. Im Jackson Wang.” He winked

And somehow it gave her chills.

 

‘Whatever, Wang-puppy. You’re making fun of me again! Aish, this is a new way of attack huh!” She snapped at him. Hoping he wouldn’t find any bitterness in her tone.

Jackson smiled. Not the popular goofy jackson smile. This time it was a soft smile.

Youngji knew there is something different happening.

“You take care.” He said. His hands reaching for her head.

 

She doesn’t know why she’s taken aback from that ordinary touch.

 

He messes her HEART hair before fully turning his back on her.

 


It’s the day of the wedding. Youngji fixed some lose strands on her hair before climbing to Kara’s van. Her phone lit.

I have something to tell you today. And don’t deny to yourself what I am talking about, because I’m seriously pissed when you said that you have sort of crush to someone else. I want to set things straight. Received: 9:24 AM

 

Youngji’s stuck at the back seat. She felt numb.


 

Three hours later, this blonde man met her on the garden where the ceremony was held.

He have tulips in his hand and a straight face. He’s not even smiling.

He walks closer to her, touched her hands and said

 

“I don’t like you Youngji...”

"...I love you."

 


 

This is supposed to be a stand alone one shot but I think I might be adding another part if the response is good. Hehe. Hope you enjoyed!