The smell of love and fresh markers

Of action figures, playgrounds and first loves

The smell of love and fresh markers

Zitao really likes Sehun, Jongin keeps hitting Kyungsoo because he likes him, and Chanyeol keeps running away from Baekhyun's love. Also, Yifan, Luhan and Jongdae DO NOT want to become in-laws.

word count: 1,470


 

"Sehunnie," Five year old Zitao sings in a light voice, a shy smile forming on his lips as the younger four year old gives him that same unimpressed look for the tenth time. Zitao thinks it's so cute.

 

"Leave me alone," Sehun says in with a pout on his lips, brain still reeling in the past encounter they had when Zitao and Jongin tried to steal his daddy away from him. Sehun has not forgotten that, oh no, not at all.

 

"Here! Let's share the colors!" Zitao's cheeks are chubby and his smile is disgustingly bright when he is literally two inches from Sehun's own face.

 

Before Sehun can tell him no, Zitao has his snotty fingers on his favorite makers and has his Kyungsoo hyung's pororo coloring book on his side of the table. Sehun watches in horror as Zitao eagerly fills in the blanks spaces of the drawing, filling it with colors that Sehun greatly disapproves of because they don't match. Kyungsoo ge will be so angry when he sees this.

 

Oh wait...

 

A smirk slowly slips onto the lips of the normally deadpanned four year old. "Kyungsoo hyung!" He screeches so loudly in Zitao's ear that it makes the other male wince in pain and drop the markers in his hand.

 

On cue, the tiny five year old comes running into the kitchen with an alarmed look on his face and four year old Jongin running after him. "What is it, Sehunnie?" He asks with his big eyes.

 

Sehun doesn't say much, his eyes dropping is sadness and a pout coming onto his lips as he lets himself fall into his act. "Tao took away the colors from me, and he's coloring outside the lines of your coloring book!" He accused and willed himself to have fake tears spurt from his eyes.

 

Zitao spluttered in shock, instantly pushing the coloring book out of his reach and towards Sehun. "I'm sorry, Sehunnie–"

 

"Is everything ok?" Luhan files in with Minseok, Yixing and Yifan right behind him.

 

"Zitao wants to take away my daddy and marker too!" Sehun screeched in sadness, eyes filled with tears, while Zitao had a mini panic attack at the younger males words.

 

"Oh baby, no is going to take me away." Minseok sings in a coo as he wipes away Sehun's tears and brings him into his arms. "Zitao just wants to play with you because he likes you."

 

Zitao instantly nods his head in agreement, eyes filled with worry as he sees Sehun rest his head into his father's shoulder. "I like you, Sehunnie!"

 

Sehun snaps his head up from his father's shoulder, "That's gross!" He yells back to which Zitao pouts at.

 

Luhan gives Sehun a stern look, "Don't be mean, Sehunnie, Zitao just wants to be your friend."

 

Sehun frowns at his dad before leaning into Minseok's touch for comfort. This isn't fair. Zitao wants to take away everything from him, it's not fair.

 

Minseok apologies to Yifan and Yixing with a sheepish smile, but the other two simply wave him off with a smile of their own. "Jongin went through that phase too, it's fine!" Yixing chirped in his bright tone, patting Sehun's back when Minseok passed by.

 

"Sehunnie doesn't like me," Zitao said in a hurt tone, a frown on his lips as his eyes welled with tears.

 

Yifan was instantly at his child's side with a comforting smile, "It's okay, baby." He said in Chinese in order to sooth the his tiny son.

 

Luhan leaned down and picked up Kyungsoo from the floor, saving him from getting another hair pull from Jongin. He walked over to Zitao and smiled brightly at the boy, "I think you're wrong, Zitao, Sehunnie really likes you!"

 

"He does?" Zitao asks him and even Kyungsoo furrows his eyebrows in question at his father.

 

"Of course he does! I'm his dad, and the reason why he's so bothered by you is because he really likes you!" Luhan smiled.

 

Zitao light up instantly and jumped off his chair, running towards the exit Minseok and Sehun has took earlier with Yixing. "Sehunnie!" He screeched as he left the kitchen with a bright smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was resting on the couch of Zitao's home, fast asleep and curled into a blanket that was Jongin's. Zitao watched with curious eyes as Sehun's normally stoned expression was expressionless and somewhat peaceful. Zitao really liked Sehunnie, he really did.

 

"No, no, no..." Chanyeol murmered in horror to himself as he dashed past the living room and towards the hallway to find a room or a closet to hide in.

 

Zitao scowled at him when he seen Sehun shift a bit in his sleep, "Be quiet!" He hissed in a whisper.

 

However that didn't last long when Baekhyun appeared with a gummy smile on his lips, "Chanyeol! Come out, come out where ever you are!" He sang in a bright tone, running in the direction Chanyeol had sprinted towards.

 

Zitao grimced at the sound, but thankfully Sehun didn't stir this time. There was a sound a door bursting open, Baekhyun's light laughter, and Chanyeol's pleases be followed before everything went quiet. Zitao furrowed his eyebrows in worry, but only a moment later Chanyeol emerged from the room with bruised lips and pink cheeks. He instantly passed Zitao and headed towards the kitchen to tell his daddy on Baekhyunnie. Said boy was following after Chanyeol with a smile on his lips, excitingly skipping over to the kitchen to let his own father know he had kissed Chanyeol.

 

"Ow!" Kyungsoo said in a loud tone, a frown on his plump lips as he walked out of Jongin's and Zitao's shared room. "I'm not playing with you anymore Jonginnie."

 

Zitao watched as Kyungsoo walked past the living room, leaning down to give Sehun a kiss before continuing his march towards the kitchen and away from Jongin.

 

Jongin followed after him with a frown, "I won't hit you anymore, I promise!" The four year old spoke and Zitao shushed him when Sehun stirred again.

 

"Do you promise?" Kyungsoo asked in his high pitched tone, a pinky coming out to get Jongin to promise.

 

"I promise, hyung!" Jongin immediately jumped with joy, his own pinky coming up to tangle with Kyungsoo's.

 

"Ok, we can play." Kyungsoo said with a smile.

 

"Does Kyungsoo hyung like Jonginnie again?" Jongin asked with a bright look in his eyes, a smile on his plump lips.

 

Kyungsoo cooed at he younger male and nodded his head, "Kyungsoo still likes Jonginnie." He promised as he laced their fingers and leaded them to the playroom that was filled with toys.

 

Sehun stirred in his sleep once again after that and Zitao was instantly at his feet and besides him with a smile. Zitao slowly slipped onto the couch and hugged Sehun from the front, his head tucking under the lanky four year old's chin. Zitao smiles lightly and pressed further into Sehun, the comforting smell of playdough and markers clinging to Sehun's clothes. Zitao soon felt himself fall to sleep wrapped into his friend's warmth, and Sehun was fast asleep to notice that it was Zitao he was cuddling with and not his other hyungs.

 

"See, I told you Sehun likes Zitao." Luhan said with smile as he pulled his phone out and snapped a few pictures of the cuddling pair.

 

"That's a relief," Yifan said with a small smile. "Zitao really likes Sehun." The rest of the adults came filing in after that.

 

"A cute little crush," Yixing cooed as he wrapped the blanket over both of the boys with a motherly smile.

 

"Crush?" Luhan squeaked as he looked between the pair and the two cuddling kids.

 

"Looks like we have two marriages in the future," Minseok teased with a smile, "Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's, and now Sehun's and Zitao's." Yixing laughed at the comment after that, Joonmyun joining them.

 

"Marriage?" Jongdae squeaked the same way Luhan had. On cue he seen Chanyeol run through the living room, cheeks pink as Baekhyun followed him making a kissy face. Jongdae squeaked again.

 

"No," Yifan instantly shook his head as he looked at Jongdae and Luhan. "No," He repeated, they're not gonna be in-laws, their husbands are joking...right?

 

"No," Luhan agreed as he shook his head at the two other males. Not in a million years.

 

On cue, Jongin and Kyungsoo skipped by holding hands and heading towards the kitchen for some juice boxes, Luhan watched them in worry. Then he turned his eyes to Zitao and Sehun who were cuddling on the couch. After that he seen Chanyeol run past them again, shielding himself into Minseok's leg as Baekhyun chased him with a bright smile.

 

"No," Jongdae said finally, but his eyes were filled with worry.

 

God dammit, they're all going to become in-laws.


 

 

so much fluff lol. Hi, this story is still alive, I'm sorry for leaving it for four months!