New Neighbors: 02 part 2

Of action figures, playgrounds and first loves

New Neighbors: Part 2

Summary: In which Yixing and Yifan move into their new apartment with their two sons, Zitao and Jongin, and find their neighbors rather odd (but in a good way, they suppose).

Length: 2,172


 

"Knock knock," A voice rang through the Wu's apartment on a bright afternoon, not a minute after twelve p.m. The voice was followed by two light knocks of the doors and a cheery hello.

 

"Did you expect someone?" Yixing asked Yifan as he walked out of their bedroom, checking on their sons on his way to the door.

 

Yifan frowned, "No," He said in a simple tone, confusion evident as he made his way over to the door. He looked through the peephole before Yixing could open the door. He furrowed his eyebrows when he seen a blonde man with another shorter male, three kids by their sides and cake in their hands. The blonde one had a weird, wide smile as his face pressed close to the peephole followed by his huge deer eyes that were blinking in wonder.

 

"Do you think they're out?" The blonde one asked, a cake in his hand and three little boy's eyes shooting at him in wonder. "Should we come back and bother them later?" The blonde asked the brunette he was with.

 

The brunette shook his head, "Let's knock once more." The short male replied in a sassy tone and Yifan's eyebrows shot up at how loud and eager his suppose 'neighbors' are.

 

Yifan quickly opened the door before the brunette could bang on it like he had planned to. "Um, hello." Yifan fixed his eyebrows in a furrow to look intimidating but the three kids smiled at him warmly and Yifan melted.

 

"Hello!" The blonde screeched with a bright smile, wrinkles on his eyes as he waved eagerly. "I'm Luhan and this is my husband, Minseok, we live right across from you and we just wanted to welcome you!"

 

Yixing instantly appeared in the view of the door, "Oh hello..." He said with a dimple smile, a bow quickly coming from him.

 

"Oh! We have Chinese neighbors, this is great, Minseok!" Luhan cheered loudly as nudged his shorter husband with a beaming smile.

 

"Is my Korean that bad?" Yixing said in a sheepish tone, a blush forming on his cheeks and Yifan placed a gentle and comforting hand on back.

 

"Um... no?" Luhan said with a comforting smile.

 

Minseok snorted, "It's not bad, it's just... not quite there." He said simply and Luhan made a noise which Minseok only shrugged at.

 

"Sorry, my husband is kind of blunt. He doesn't really do much sugarcoating–" Luhan chuckled lightly, Yixing only nodded with a smile.

 

"Gotta pee, gotta pee!" Sehun jumped on the floor, his stone face turning sour in worry. "Daddy, I gotta pee!" He shrieked.

 

"Oh, do you mind?" Minseok said suddenly, grabbing a hold of his son who was in a hulk costume and jumping on the floor.

 

Yifan shook his head, "Please come in..." He trailed off and didn't get to finish his sentence before Luhan and his family pushed through the apartment.

 

"Restroom!" Sehun screeched again and Minseok nodded.

 

Yixing quickly showed Minseok the way to the bathroom, the little boy with a hulk costume scowling on his way there. Before Minseok could walk in the restroom with Sehun, the tiny four year stopped his daddy from coming in.

 

He held a firm hand straight that Minseok instantly took as a 'stop'. "I can go by myself, I'm a big boy." His tone was sassy before he his heels and clicked the door shut.

 

Yixing stood amazed, a smile on his lips. "Wow, he's so grown up."

 

"Sehunnie takes after me," Minseok shrugs his shoulders, a proud smile on his lips. "What about you? Don't you have kids?" 

 

"Oh, I have two sons, Zitao and Jongin. I would say they're both a good balance between Yifan and I, but Jongin has more of my calm persona."

 

On cue, Jongin and Zitao skipped out of their shared room, toys in both their hands. Jongin quickly took notice of the stranger before him and bowed lightly, and Zitao following his younger brother's actions.

 

"Zitao, Jongin, say hello." Yixing smiled at the kids as Minseok waved lightly, hearing the flush go off in the restroom.

 

"Hello," Both boys coursed in their soft and high tones of voice. Minseok instantly leaned over and pinched their cheeks softly causing both boys to squeal in a laughter from the affectionate and attention they were receiving.

 

Sehun opened the restroom door, eyes quickly scanning the scene of his daddy playing with two strange boys. His eyes flashed with betrayal, becoming alarmed and lips forming a 'O' shape. Zitao noticed Sehun first and quickly waved hello, Jongin offering Sehun a light smile.

 

Sehun scowled then, face becoming serious. "You can't take my daddy away from me, Kyungsoo hyung will beat you up!" He scolded the two boys in front of him, a betrayed look in his eyes.

 

"Sehunnie, be nice!" Minseok scolded, a frown on his lips. "I'm so sorry–" He started to say towards Yixing, an embarrassed smile on his lips.

 

"Kyungsoo hyung!" Sehun screeched in a high tone, "Chanyeol hyung! They want to steal daddy from us!" Sehun continued to yell in alarm which quickly caused Yifan, Luhan, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo to rush over.

 

Jongin dropped his toys when five year old Kyungsoo came, his hands locked with his father's

 

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked in alarm, worry etched on his expression from hearing his son shout.

 

"They want to steal my daddy from me, daddy!" Sehun shouted, tears in his eyes as Minseok and Luhan tried their best to comfort him.

 

Minseok wiped his son's tears. "I'm sorry, Sehun doesn't do so well around new people." He pulled the four year old in his hands, Yifan and Yixing nodded in an understanding manner.

 

"Would you like some cake?" Yifan asked Sehun, a soft smile on his lips. The four year old rubbed his eyes lightly as Yixing came over and tried to comfort him as well.

 

"Yes," Sehun said softly, batting his eyelashes causing Yifan to quickly nod and head for the kitchen. Sehun turned to look at Zitao and Jongin, eyes glaring hard before he stuck out his tongue at the two.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo turned to look at Zitao and Jongin as well their tongues coming out in a taunting manner before they disappeared with the adults. Zitao and Jongin turned to look at each other, face twisted in confusion and surprise at the family before him.

 

 

 

🏠

 

 

 

"Hello!" Jongdae's voice rang through the other side of the door, a light, chirpy knock following right after his tone.

 

Luhan, who was seated in the kitchen, turned his eyes towards Yixing. "Jongdae, is here, he's crazy. If you think I'm weird, he's on a whole other level!" He exaggerated.

 

Yixing's eyebrows shot up as Yifan only chuckled, making his way out the kitchen to answer the door. "Is he really?"

 

Minseok lightly pushed at Luhan's head, a small chuckle on his lips. "Don't listen to him, Luhan is weirder than us all. He and Jongdae are just super competitive, especially against one another."

 

Yixing nodded his head, not quite understanding what type of feud Luhan and Jongdae had, but he supposes he will find out soon.

 

"Jongdae, you're here, late as always!" Luhan chirped from his seat on the kitchen table, an amusing smile on his lips. "Here, come have a seat and have some of my delicious three layer cake." He patted the seat next to him, motioning towards the cake he baked with (all of) Minseok's help.

 

Jongdae smiled back at Luhan, Joonmyun and Minseok quickly exchanging hellos, and Baekhyun's hand in his. "Only if you have some of mine and Joonmyun's wonderful brownies."

 

Luhan snorted and shook his head, "I was here first, buddy, nice try."

 

"That doesn't count," Jongdae shook his head. "I will only acknowledge that you won if they think your cake is better than my brownies."

 

"Why would you want to hurt yourself like that?" Luhan said with a fake frown, eyes twinkling with competition. "We all know my triple-trouble-cake-delight will win–"

 

"Wrong, my double-dip-brownie-fudge is the best." Jongdae replied in a stubborn tone.

 

Joonmyun rolled his eyes at his husband, "Jongdae, at least introduce yourself to our neighbors before you and Luhan have a dramatic stare down."

 

Jongdae and Luhan frowned at Joonmyun for ruining the moment. Jongdae turned to Yixing and Yifan then, "Hello, I am Jongdae, this is my lovely husband Joonmyun and my adorable child, Baekhyun."

 

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun and Chanyeol is my boyfriend–" Baekhyun chirped in a bright tone, the six year old smiling brightly.

 

"Baekhyun, you're giving Luhan a heart attack..." Joonmyun scolded as Luhan fanned himself by Baekhyun's introduction about his son, Chanyeol.

 

"Sorry!" Baekhyun's obnoxious voice rang loudly through the kitchen. "My daddies and I made goodie bags for all the babies! Chanyeol's goodie bag has hearts on it because we're dating–" He raised the box of goodie bags in his hand, showing it off to Yifan and Yixing.

 

"Oh sweet," Minseok said with a smile and Luhan shook his head frantically at his husband. "I'll call Chanyeol right now– Chanyeol!"

 

After a few seconds, the six year old came running into the kitchen, Sehun and Kyungsoo right after him. Yifan and Yixing smiled at how cute the two younger boys were as they followed their older brother into the kitchen. Not even a second later, Jongin and Zitao came sprinting in the kitchen, but paused at the door frame at all the new faces. Yixing scooped Jongin into his arms, Yifan picking up Zitao in order to secure them into not being afraid with being around new people.

 

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun!" The six year old screeched and Chanyeol witnessed, quickly rushing over to Luhan's side to hide. "This is for you and you!" He smiled as he handed Zitao and and Jongin the goodie bags.

 

"Say thank you to your hyung," Yifan said to both his children and the little boys lightened up instantly, rushing out a thank you.

 

Baekhyun beamed (Jongdae and Joonmyun only smiled fondly at their child) before passing one to Sehun and Kyungsoo. "Here you go, Chanyeol's brothers."

 

Sehun quickly took the goodie bag and sent Baekhyun a bright smile. Kyungsoo took his own, keeping a straight face until he saw the pororo bags and he quickly showed his daddy Minseok.

 

"I have one for you too, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun beamed as he handed his boyfriend his goodie bag that Chanyeol hesitantly took.

 

"Thank you," Chanyeol replied in a bashful tone.

 

"You're welcome, Chanyeol." Baekhyun beamed once again and leaped forward to press a kiss on his cheek.

 

"Oh my god, oh my god– Jongdae!" Luhan pointed an accusing finger at his friend before motioning towards their kids. "He just kissed my son!"

 

Jongdae shot Luhan a dirty look, "So? Baekhyun goes for what he wants!"

 

"Are you calling my kid a scaredy-cat?!"

 

"No!"

 

"I think you are! You're son is being to aggressive on Chanyeol!"

 

"Are you saying Baekhyun is too aggressive?!"

 

"No!"

 

"But you just said–"

 

"Lies!" Luhan pointed his index finger at Jongdae's face.

 

"You're just jealous because I won!" Jongdae replied back with a smug look, pointing towards Yifan and Yixing who had taken brownies from the plate he had brought.

 

"My cake is passed half done, if anything you are jealous of me because I won!" Luhan shook his head.

 

"No-"

 

"Yes-"

 

"No-"

 

"Yes-"

 

"Okay, we need to go." Minseok said, grabbing Luhan's hand and Sehun's. "It was no nice meeting you, but we have to go." He smiled towards Yifan and Yixing before walking (practically dragging a still yelling Luhan) out, with Kyungsoo and Chanyeol following closely behind.

 

"Hey, I'm not done with you, Luhan!" Jongdae fired back as Luhan was being dragged away by Minseok.

 

"We need to go to," Joonmyun smiled at Yifan and Yixing. "We should get our kids to have a play date, Minseok's too–"

 

"But Jongdae and Luhan don't get along," Yixing said in a worried tone.

 

Jongdae stopped yelling then, turning towards Yifan and Yixing with a confused expression. "What do you mean? Luhan and I get along, we're like best friends."

 

Yifan gaped at Jongdae for a few seconds, "What?"

 

"Oh, we have to go, Baekhyun has singing lessons." Jongdae said as he looked at his watch. "It was so nice meeting you guys," He smiled at the pair and their children.

 

"You too," Yixing said in a confused as he shook the their hands.

 

"Don't be too mean on Luhan when you tell him my brownies won," Jongdae winked before he grabbed Baekhyun's hand. "See you around guys!"

 

When he turned to leave, Joonmyun turned towards Yixing and Yifan. "You'll get used to the way Jongdae and Luhan work! Welcome to the neighborhood!" He snorted as he waved goodbye to Jongin and Zitao before walking away.

 

Yixing and Yifan remained rooted to their spots in the kitchen, Jongin and Zitao each in their arms. "What the hell?" Yifan muttered in confusion.

 

"Same," Yixing replied, a laugh on his lips.


 

A/N: I and I took way to long to update, I apologize.

BUT ON A BRIGHTER NOTE, I SAW EXO LIVE!!! THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL IN PERSON AND I CRIED BECAUSE KYUNGSOO IS SO PRECIOUS AND OMG, THEY WERE GREAT. I TOOK SO MANY GOOD VIDEOS AND OMG. I'M SO HAPPY I MIGHT START CRYING AGAIN, I HAVE TO GO OMGOMG.

okay, bye! xoxo