New Neighbors: 02 part 1

Of action figures, playgrounds and first loves

New Neighbors: part 1

Summary: In which Yixing and Yifan move into their new apartment with their two sons, Zitao and Jongin, and find their neighbors rather odd (but in a good way, they suppose).

Length: 1,642


 

"Hey, Yifan..." Yixing called out, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared deep in thought at the family picture frame that was sitting right above the couch.

 

It was rather huge, hung at a proud 50 x 40 inches above their black and firm leather couch. Yixing only stared at the photo the four of them had taken together when they were at Yuelu Mountain. It was beautiful. Jongin and Zitao had some much fun and Yixing caught a lot of cute moments on his phone of Yifan trying to help the boys not trip and fall more than once. He has a photo of Yifan's back to the camera, Zitao's and Jongin's too. They were dressed in fancy clothing, both of their son's hands locked with their father's, nature as the beautiful background. The photo of the three are now Yixing's lock screen.

 

"What's up?" Yifan comes into the living room, hair messy with green and orange marker marks evident on his hands. Yixing raised an eyebrow at him and Yifan only smiled in a sheepish manner. "They wanted to color, but I couldn't find their coloring books, so they were determined to draw on me."

 

Yixing only snorted and leaned up to kiss Yifan sweetly on the lips before pulling away and staring back at the family picture. "Does it look good here? I'm kind of scared it'll fall on Jongin or Zitao when they're watching cartoons. What if they jump on the couches and knock it down and get injured? Maybe I should–"

 

"You worry too much," Yifan said, a gentle hand coming to wrap around Yixing's waist. Just then, a four year old Jongin came waddling into the living room with a slash of green marker across his cheek. Five year old Zitao came tottering after his little brother, an orange marker line on his forehead.

 

Yifan and Yixing shared a look before they looked at their small kids, "Jongin and Zitao are big boys, right? They won't knock down the frames like at our old house, right?" Yifan said with narrowed eyes at the two small boys who looked guilty.

 

"I won't, daddy!" Jongin chirped first, a bright smile on his face.

 

"I won't either!" Zitao jumped on his feet, a giant smile on his face.

 

"Yeah, we won't break any more pictures!" Four year old Jongin said with his loud voice, a guilty blush on his cheeks as he looks at his parents with sincere eyes.

 

Zitao nodded along with his brother, reaching over to grab Jongin's hand. "We promise!"

 

"Pink promise?" Yifan asked them and both boys nodded their heads, quickly lifting their pinkies to seal the promise they've made to their parents. Once they sealed the promise with Yifan, they moved their pinkies over to Yixing. The latter locked both of his pinkies to his sons and watched the way their eyes told no lie.

 

Yixing smiled then and looked at his babies, "Uh oh..." He said and the boys looked alarmed for a second, their pinkies still locked to Yixing's. "Looks like you two need a bath, you have orange and green marker marks all over you." The two boys giggled a bit and shared a look at one another.

 

"Oh no you don't," Yifan said with a bright smile as he watched his two kids squeal and run around their new home in opposite directions. "I'm gonna catch you!" Yifan howled and the sound of bare feet running away and bright laughter filled their new apartment in Seoul.

 

Yixing's cheeks were hurting from smiling so much as he watched Yifan chase their kids around. Jongin and Zitao were smiling so hard and Yixing's heart beat faster at how much memories they will make in their new home. He was glad Jongin and Zitao were comfortable with their new home and the move from China to Korea. Yixing and Yifan would do anything to make sure Jongin and Zitao were safe and secured and happy.

 

"I'm gonna catch you!" Yixing smiled as he began to join Yifan in their chase to grab Zitao and Jongin so they could slip into a bath.

 

 

 

🏠

 

 

 

"What do we bake for new neighbors?" Luhan asked as he scrolled through his Iphone, Kyungsoo sitting on the island before him eating potato chips.

 

"Cookies!" The tiny five year old chirped, heart shape smiled forming and Luhan smiled at his cute son, reached over to pinch his cubby cheeks.

 

"Will you be a good baby and help dad with the cookies?" Luhan asks and Kyungsoo turns cutely serious as he shakes his head yes and Luhan has to stop himself from hugging Kyungsoo tightly because he's just so squishy and cute.

 

"I want to help!" Chanyeol rushed into the kitchen after over hearing their conversation, an excited look on his face. "Dad, I want to help!"

 

"Me too!" Sehun came running in, a Thor costume on and a smile on his face. "Pick me too, daddy!"

 

Minseok walked in then, a soft smile on his face as he watched Luhan being surrounded by their children. "Why are you up so early, babe?" He asked as he leaned in and shared a kiss with Luhan.

 

The older Chinese male only smiled, "Yesterday, a lovely pair and their two kids moved in across of us. We need to bake something and welcome them in a great way before Jongdae does."

 

Minseok snorted and shook his head, "Is this stupid old competitive thing ever going to end between you two?" He asks, but he's sure he already knows the answer.

 

"No," Luhan watches Minseok shake his head. "Besides, it's just a friendly competition. Jongdae and I are still friends, its just something we like to do to keep ourselves entertained." He shrugged his shoulders and Minseok playfully rolled his eyes.

 

"Alright, so what are you planning to make?" He asked which surprised Luhan and the kids as they stared at Minseok with wide eyes. Minseok stared at his children and Luhan for a second before he smiled, "What?"

 

Luhan only grinned back, "We're planning on making cookies." He said and Kyungsoo squealed in delight, Minseok reaching over to pinch his cheeks. Chanyeol jumped at the idea, while Sehun stole some chips from Kyungsoo's chip bag.

 

"Why just cookies?" Minseok asked with a small smirk, "If you want to beat Jongdae's welcoming, we have to make a three layer cake with vanilla, strawberry and chocolate flavor."

 

Luhan smirked and reached over to grab Minseok's waist, pulling him closer to him. "This is why I love you," He mumbled before he pressed a gentle kiss to Minseok's awaiting pink lips.

 

"Love you too, now let's get started." Minseok said brightly, "Chanyeol, I need you to get the flour. Kyungsoo, get the cake mix from the bottom cabinet. Sehunnie, be a good baby and get daddy the cookie dough, yeah?"

 

Minseok went over to pre heat the oven and Luhan watched in awe as his family of four worked together in the kitchen. It was days like this that made Luhan smile so big, making his realize just how blessed he was to have his three children and Minseok by his side.

 

 

 

🏠

 

 

 

"Why are you staring so hard at the oven?" Joonmyun asked as he furrowed his eyebrows at Jongdae, Baekhyun trailing after him with a juice box in his hands.

 

"We've got new neighbors and I need to out do Luhan's welcoming," Jongdae said as he continued to furrow his eyebrows at the oven.

 

Baekhyun walked over and joined his father's side, staring hard at the oven as well. "I'll help daddy think too."

 

"Thanks baby," Jongdae smiled lightly before turning his eyes back to the oven.

 

Joonmyun snorted at his husband and six year old son. "Why don't we make cheesecake? Everyone likes cheesecake." At the sound of cheesecake, Baekhyun jumped on his toes with a bright look in his eyes.

 

Jongdae smiled, "Yes and we could make little goodie bags for their children and stuff it with a bag of chips and juice boxes–"

 

"My juice boxes?" Baekhyun asked in fear, eyebrows shooting up and eyes looking worried. "I like to share... sometimes."

 

"We'll buy you more of your favorite juice boxes, don't worry baby!" Jongdae quickly rushed out with a smile as he reached over to affectionately ruffle his hair.

 

Joonmyun only shook his head, a smile on his lips, at how spoiled they've gotten Baekhyun to be. Eh, it's alright. He's their only child, their only baby, he deserves to have everything Joonmyun and Jongdae can offer him.

 

"How many kids do they have?" The six year old asks, a smile on his lips as he set his juice box down on the counter.

 

"Two boys," Jongdae replied and Joonmyun nodded his head, going over to grab a pan and all the things he will need to make cheesecake.

 

"Oh! I can put some stickers on their goodie bags. Can I put some stickers on the bags?!" Baekhyun asked in a rushed tone, excitement evident in his voice and Jongdae nodded his head yes. "Okay, let me go get my stickers. I want to make one for my boyfriend too!" He chirped and Joonmyun flinched at the mention of Chanyeol.

 

"Thank you for helping," Jongdae smiled, a lovesick look in his eye as Joonmyun only shrugged his shoulders.

 

"It's what I'm here for," Joonmyun said and Jongdae smiled brightly, walking over to place a gentle kiss on Joonmyun's cheek.

 

"Let's bring them the best welcoming ever, baby." Jongdae said and Joonmyun nodded his head with a small smile, a determined look in his eyes.

 

Joonmyun only returned the look with a grin on his lips at how adorable Jongdae could be sometimes. Oh, how much he loved his baby Baekhyun and his cute husband, Jongdae. He just absolutely loves them.


 

A/N: not sure when pt. 2 will be up, but hopefully soon!