First love: 01

Of action figures, playgrounds and first loves

First love

Summary: Joonmyun isn't amused by Baekhyun's new crush but Jongdae finds it hilarious (until he finds out it's one of Luhan's kids). 

Length: 2,194


 

"You!" Six year old Baekhyun yells from across the playground to a tall kid who is sitting down on the swing, his legs not quiet reaching the floor. Neither less, he's a tall and a bit chubby and Baekhyun likes him either way.

 

The tall kid with chocolate brown hair looks up from his juice box, the straw still in his mouth and eyes as wide as a dear in headlights. "Me?" He mumbles slowly as one shaky finger turns to point at himself.

 

Baekhyun marches up to him, cute eyebrows furrowed and tiny legs walking fast. When Baekhyun reaches him, he quickly reaches over and grabs Chanyeol's wrist. Chanyeol makes a shocked sound and launches forward off the swing, almost falling on his face. He frowns when his juice box slips from his grasp and falls to the dirty ground of the playground. He's upset and about to tell Baekhyun something when the shorter boy begins to walk and drag him along with him.

 

"What... what are you doing? Where are we going? Who are you? My parents said to stay away from strangers–" Chanyeol nervously starts to speak, eyes becoming wide and twitching a bit in fear as Baekhyun continues to drag him through the playground. He's never seen this kid in his life and it scares him at how tough and demanding this tiny kid is.

 

"Sungyeol!" Baekhyun calls out to another six year old who is a fellow classmate. Once they've reached the said kid, Baekhyun instantly pushes the tall Chanyeol in front of him so Sungyeol can get a clear sight of him. "This is my boyfriend."

 

Chanyeol splutters, cheeks becoming rosy and hands getting clammy as Sungyeol eyes him with suspicious eyes. "You're lying, Baekhyun!" Sungyeol's obnoxious voice fills the playground and other six year old kids begin to come closer.

 

"My daddy tells me to never lie, I don't lie!" Baekhyun lies in a rough screech and Sungyeol covers his ears in pain (Chanyeol just wants to run away and hide, his six year old self can not handle this right now).

 

"Okay, okay, okay..." Sungyeol rushes out quickly and Baekhyun makes a satisfied noise. "You can join our secret club." He says in a serious tone and Chanyeol furrows his eyebrows.

 

Baekhyun cracks into a smile and latches himself to Chanyeol's arm (which frightens the tall six year old). "Can Chanyeol also join?" He asks and Sungyeol instantly nods.

 

The bell rings then and all the kids sigh as recess comes to an end. Chanyeol gives a sigh of relief because he doesn't know any of these kids. He doesn't know how this Baekhyun character even knows his name when they aren't even in the same first grade class. He's never once seen Baekhyun, not even in recess and he suddenly shows up, knowing his name. Chanyeol wants to cry and call his daddies to come pick him up.

 

"You're my boyfriend now," Baekhyun's smile is big and Chanyeol is afraid. "Bye!" He rushes out, leaning on his tip toes to kiss Chanyeol on his rosy cheek before running away quickly.

 

Chanyeol freezes and his eyes shoot open, his mind blank. His cheeks are hot and for some reason his stomach is fluttering like crazy. He thinks Baekhyun must have got him sick.

 

 

 

 

"–and then I kissed him on the cheek, it was great, dad!" Baekhyun finished his story, a mouth full of food and a gummy smile on his lips.

 

Joonmyun made a noise and almost dropped his bowl in shock. "You... you kissed him?!" He screeched in pure shock, wide eyes turning to look at his six year olf son who was only smiling back.

 

"Yes, I just said that, daddy. Pay attention to me!" Baekhyun frowned as he scolded Joonmyun for his lack of hearing.

 

"Oh my god," Joonmyun moaned, placing the bowl down on the counter besides him. He reaches an hand up to rub at his temples, "Baekhyun, don't you remember? Boys have cooties!" He sent pleading eyes to his tiny son, who only munched away at his food.

 

"Not Chanyeol, he's cooties free because I like him!" Baekhyun reasoned with a bright smile as Joonmyun had a field day.

 

Jongdae walked into the kitchen and seen his husband hyperventilating while Baekhyun only smiled in a innocent manner. Jongdae furrowed his eyebrows at his cheeky son, "What did Baekhyun do?"

 

Joonmyun turned desperate eyes to Jongdae, "He has a boyfriend and they've kissed!" He squeaks out, his heart can't take all this. "He's only six! I thought boys had cooties at that age!"

 

Jongdae snorted and walked over to ruffle Baekhyun's hair. "You have a boyfriend, little man?" He asked his son.

 

Baekhyun looked up and smiled brightly, "Yes! I told him he was my boyfriend!" He chirped and Joonmyun made another wave of whale sounds.

 

Jongdae looked back at Joonmyun and then at his six year old son. "Baekhyun," He said in a serious tone and the young boy looked up with worried doe eyes. "Good job, give me a high five." Jongdae cracked into a smile, reaching his hand up.

 

Baekhyun instantly smiled again, slapping his hand against his father's. "Jongdae!" Joonmyun yelled in a whiny tone, "Boy his age have cooties. Baekhyun shouldn't have a boyfriend!"

 

Jongdae snorted at his husband, walking over and kissing Joonmyun's cheek. "It's okay, babe. They're just six year old kids, it's not like it's marriage. It's just a tiny crush." He asked in laughter.

 

Joonmyun furrowed his eyes at Jongdae, arms crossing over his chest. "It's Luhan's tall kid, Chanyeol."

 

"."

 

 

 

 

"Hello!" Luhan chirped, bony fingers banged on the Kim's door bright and early on a Saturday morning.

 

"Don't answer it," Jongdae said in a serious tone as Luhan's voice filled their apartment. They were currently in bed but Jongdae was trying his best to make sure Luhan didn't step foot in their house.

 

Joonmyun frowned at Jongdae, "Don't be rude." He scolded Jongdae before he jumped out of bed, heading out the bedroom and walking straight for the door. "Besides, Minseok is probably with him. I haven't talked to Minseok in a while."
 

 

Jongdae quickly rushed over and paused Joonmyun's movements. "Luhan talks a lot, Joonmyun. It's too early to handle Luhan's brightness." He whispered.

 

"Yo, Jongdae, I know you're in there!" Luhan's bright voice filled their apartment again and it caused Baekhyun to waddle out of his room, heading straight towards his parents. "Minseok, the kids and I wanted to say hi!"

 

"I'm opening the door–" Joonmyun said and Jongdae tried to fight him but Joonmyun was faster.

 

In an instant, Luhan stepped into their apartment and engulfed Joonmyun and Jongdae into a tight hug. "Hey guys! How are you? Did you do something different with your hair, Joonmyun? I brought some food, Minseok's a great cook. Did you guys get new couches? Oh, hi little Baekhyun." He rushed everything out quickly and Jongdae could barely keep up.

 

"Luhan," Minseok walked in then, Sehun resting on his hip and Chanyeol and Kyungsoo right behind him. "Tone it down a bit," He said simply and Luhan's shoulder's slummed, so Minseok kissed his cheek and Luhan was smiling again.

 

Baekhyun's eyes lightened up at Chanyeol's entrance but the taller boy's cheeks grew red and he instantly hid behind his brother, Kyungsoo. Baekhyun frowned at his boyfriend.

 

"Hi Minseok, Hi Luhan." Joonmyun smiled and took the plate of food from Luhan's hand. "Come in," He said as he stepped aside and let them in their spacious apartment.

 

"Why is he dressed like iron man?" Baekhyun whispered loudly to his dad, Jongdae.

 

Jongdae looked at Luhan's outfit in astonishment, "I really don't know, baby." He said as he grabbed Baekhyun's tiny hand in his.

 

"Why am I dressed like iron man, you ask?" Luhan beamed at the two, "It's because my baby Sehun get's embarrassed if he's the only one dressed up and he really wanted to be iron man today." He points to Sehun (who is in Minseok's arms), the four year old in a Halloween iron man costume.

 

"Cool," Baekhyun says with a smile and Luhan nods his head quickly.

 

Minseok kisses Sehun's cheek (yet the four year old remains as blank as ever) before he passes Luhan the child. "Joonmyun wants to show me something," He says simply and Luhan nods, so Minseok kisses Luhan on the lips before he walks away, following Joonmyun into the kitchen.

 

Upon Minseok's exit, Kyungsoo quickly follows his daddy with a pout of his lips, trying to get Minseok's attention as he waddles away. Chanyeol is too afraid of Baekhyun to stick around, so he quickly follows after Kyungsoo in order to get away.

 

Baekhyun's brain continues to reply Luhan and Minseok's kiss. "I want to kiss Chanyeol goodbye all the time!" He cries out loudly, a bright smile on his face and Luhan freezes, his smile twitching.

 

"What?" He says and sends wide eyes to Jongdae who simply shrugs.

 

"Chanyeol is dating Baekhyun," Jongdae says and Luhan is blank for a few seconds before he begins to mutter oh my god under his breath, pacing around the living room with a blank Sehun in his hands.

 

Jongdae would laugh because Luhan is in an iron man costume, holding his four year old Sehun in his arms (who is also in an iron man costume. He would laugh but Luhan is having a mental breakdown right now.

 

"Chanyeol is only six!" He screeches and Jongdae frowns at Luhan's obnoxious voice. "This is crazy! Chanyeol is too tiny–"

 

"He's pretty tall for his age, actually–" Jongdae cuts in but Luhan ignores him.

 

"–and he's too pure." Luhan rushes out.

 

"Are you saying Baekhyun isn't pure?" Jongdae frowns.

 

"Of course not!" Luhan says with a tiny laugh, "Chanyeol is fragile. He takes after me, Sehun and Kyungsoo are a bit more tougher like Minseok." Luhan lightly pinches his tiny four year old's cheeks, Sehun still remains blank but the corner of his lips twitch a bit so Luhan beams at his son.

 

"Baekhyun obviously made the first move, he's a tough one." Luhan says with a snort.

 

"Baekhyun can be fragile too. It was your son who made the first move on my small baby." Jongdae pointed back and Baekhyun opened his mouth to say something but remembered that his daddy (Joonmyun) always told him not to in when adults were having a conversation.

 

Luhan scoffed, fixing Sehun in his arms. "Please, my innocent son only cares about his pet ferret."

 

"Okay," Jongdae replied sarcastically. "My faultless, innocent and pure Baekhyunnie only cares about his action figures."

 

"You're son still made the first move on my defenseless baby." Luhan furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"No, it was your giant son." Jongdae fires back.

 

"No, it was your tiny son."

 

"Are you dissing Baekhyunnie's height right now?"

 

"Did you diss my baby, yeol?"

 

"No."

 

"Then no," Luhan snapped back. "I do not approve of this little first love. Minseok, we're leaving!" Luhan shouted as Sehun remained placid at the bickering happening between him. The tiny four year old only sighed at his father and rest his head on Luhan's shoulder.

 

"I don't approve either!" Jongdae childishly said, grabbing Baekhyun's hand.

 

"What happened?" Minseok asked as he walked back holding Chanyeol's hand and Kyungsoo's hand.

 

"We're leaving, babe. I can't become in law's with Jongdae." Luhan states simply and both Minseok and Joonmyun splutter in shock at the outburst.

 

Minseok was still confused as he bid goodbye to Joonmyun, Jongdae and Baekhyun. They were almost out of the apartment until Baekhyun yelled "wait" and everyone stopped.

 

Baekhyun smiled and skipped his way over to Chanyeol, leaning up and kissing the taller boy flat on his lips. "Bye, Chanyeol. Have a nice day!" Chanyeol's cheek turned rosy as he quickly went to shield himself by Minseok's leg.

 

Joonmyun spluttered, Minseok's eyes were wide in shock, Jongdae froze and Luhan was having a mental breakdown from witnessing their kiss.

 

Jongdae smiled sheepishly, "Okay, so maybe it was my kid who made the first move." Luhan gave him a look, "What? At least my kid made the first move."

 

"Are you dissing my kid right now?" Luhan fried back.

 

"Okay!" Minseok said loudly, quickly ushering Chanyeol and Kyungsoo out the door. "Time to go. It was nice seeing you guys but Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Sehun have a play date to attend right now. We'll see you around–"

 

"Wait, I'm not done talking to Jongdae–" Luhan started but Minseok was pushing him out the door.

 

"–bye!" Minseok chirped in a happy tone before he shut the door behind him.

 

Joonmyun, Jongdae and Baekhyun stared at the door at the for a while.

 

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol has cooties–" Jongdae tried to tell his son, hoping to fix the situation.

 

Baekhyun only chuckled, "No, daddy! Chanyeol is cooties free because I kissed him." He said with a smile before he skipped away into his room.

 

"Oh well, I tried." Jongdae sighed and Joonmyun gave him a scandalous look. Jongdae shrugged with a smug smile, "What? This is great, Joonmyun. Our son made the first move."


 

 

A/N: dis be my attempt at a kids au, I . I know but next one will have FanXing and their babies.

this was also suppose to be shorter, the next one will not be as long. Happy thanksgiving!