Yoon Jeonghan

That Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

 

      Yoon Jeonghan died three years ago from an accident, and his death seems to trigger something from their group of friends that became a catalyst and made them all grew apart. 

     Though from time to time, they would still contact one another, asking about the other's well beings and present life style. And it seems that they are all doing well, going to college and wanting to be a step closer from their dreams.

     Except for Joshua

     Eversince Jeonghan's death three years ago, the last year of their highschool life, Joshua never made a move to go to college, instead, he chose to work as a singer at Pledis Night, the name of the bar he's currently working at, since he's got some passion for both singing and playing his favorite instrument, his guitar.

     Currently 3 am on the clock when Joshua got home from work, he locked his apartment after coming in and placed his guitar, Angel, gently on the sofa, too tired to carry it anymore up to his bedroom, when he heard some shufflings, his eyes quickly darted at the said room. Triggering his sense of protection and setting his exhaustion aside for a bit, he grabbed his his baseball bat, that was given to him by one of his friends, Seungcheol, behind his front door, and slowly creeps his way through his room, firmly holding his bat. At first, he peeks through the ajar door of his room. With only limited source of light from the moon passing through his window, Joshua can only see the silhouette of someone, back facing at him. He hardened his hold from his bat and slowly widen the opening of his door. And as if sensing his presence, the other guy finally faced his direction that stirred something inside Joshua who suddenly let's go of the bat that he was holding, making the other guy winced at the ear piercing metal-to-floor dropping sound. But that doesn't stop Joshua from staring.

 

     "Wh-who are you?" Joshua asked, his sense of danger long gone, replaced with his mixed feeling of curiousity, but still, there is recognition, specially after gazing at the other's eyes. There's something about the other that made him familiar to Joshua, too familiar. Seemingly shocked at the question the other guy just stared at him dumbfounded.

     Joshua repeated himself, much clearer this time, "Who are you? What are you doing in my apartment?" he asked again

     "Ji-jisoo? you can see me?" the other stuttered, hands covering his mouth in shock.

     Upon hearing his name, the name that he haven't heard for ages, the name that only his bestfriend can call him, the same name that the stranger uttered just now, a little taken aback, but chose to hide it from the stanger, Joshua raised a brow at the other.

     "Of course I can see you, for the third time, who are you? what are you doing in my apartment? how did you know my name?" his tone laced with authority, questions just kept on piling inside Joshua's head, and he need answers, right then, right there.

     "Ji-Jisoo, It's me......Jeonghan" as if his heart stopped beating, Joshua cannot even utter a single word after hearing what the other just said, just staring at the stanger in front of him, before coughing a little on his fist, as if to let go all of the tensions that just built from within him,to no avail, but he doesn't want to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter