Beginning

Love Lessons

 

Pencils scratched on their papers, the only sound made in the examination hall.  I am with them, of course.  But wait...You don't even know me!  let me introduce myself to you :)

 
My name is Choi Hei Ryung, and this year, I'm 17 years old.  I come from a rich family, but I try to downplay it, because I hate it when people liking to me because I'm rich, and not because of who I am.  I have an older brother, Choi Seunghyun.  What can I say about him?  Overprotective and pushy!  But I love him to bits, right?  He's 3 years older than me, but  we both love singing and dancing so much (well, I like the dancing more than him).  we're really close, since my parents are always so busy-a doctor and a businessman.   I don't see them much, but I try and please them as much as I can to show my appreciation for them- So I do my best at school.  So far, so good, because I was able to skip a year and graduate early.    I was hoping to go to YG international along with my brother, but unfortunately, my dad had other plans for me.  He wanted me to try out S.C, or SCHOOL OF CUBE.   This is the phamplet I saw:  
 
SCHOOL OF CUBE is a school made for young adults who aspire to become performers, dancers and singers.  The School holds high expectations for the students who are accepted.  The day are divided into 2 parts, academics and the arts (where the students are introduced to the life of music artists).  There is a showcase of talent that acts as a audition for entertainment companies to give a headstart on their careers every few months.  Students are allocated dorms nearby the school.  There is no school on saturday and sunday.  It's sister schools, YG International, and JYP college of performance also holds competitions and collaborations frequently. The students have school uniforms that they have to wear when they go to school.  Classes begin at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm.  Breakfast is served at 8:00, lunch at 12:30 and dinner at 7:00.  The students are required to be at thier dorms by 9:00pm.  Outings and trips are held regularly. 
 
That got me excited right away.  Who wouldn't get excited?  My dream was to become a singer, like my brother.  He is in a group called BIG BANG right now, so I just call him TOP, his stagename.  It sounds more.....cooler, I guess.      The other members, Jiyoung (G-dragon), Taeyang(SOL), Seungri (V.I) and Daesung (D-Lite) are like my other 4 oppas - like TOP, they were all as overprotective as him.  So now, I am taking my entrance exam for this school....Okay back to present time!
 
All the questions were easy.  I had already finished the whole booklet of papers, but there was still 20 minutes to go.  I peeked around....There were a few people who looked like they were going to die, but most of them were too busy concentrating on the test to see the time.  I looked over at my answers again, and checked that I did everything correctly.   I think so.  I corrected some of my handwriting- as you can tell, I am a perfectionist- but not to the extent that I waste time over it.  My appa taught me to treasure time, because it was most important and controlled everything.  Done.  A "ding" rang out.  Time was up.  
 
Then we were herded into a waiting room, where we were called, one by one, to audition for our singing and dance skills.   It was slightly nerve- racking, but I kept my poker face on for the whole time, to not show the rest of the people auditioning.  
 
2 weeks Later:
 
"Wah- HeiRyung- you got in!" my brother bursted into my room, holding my acceptance letter.  I calmly took it from him and looked at it.   He then sat on my bed and began calling the rest of BIG BANG about the news.    My parents trailed after him, and my umma said "Well...I'm not surprised.  You study too hard, Hei Ryung, you have to relax more!"  Aish...worrying umma....My appa just smiled proudly and added "It starts in a week.  September 30th.  But orientation day is the day before.   Lets go out and celebrate tonight- because tomorrow,  umma and I have to go to France to do some business."  I was happy and sad for a second.  "Going to france" meant they would be there for at least 3 weeks. oh well....At least tonight, I'll get to eat dinner with them!
 
Orientation Day:
On orientation day, we were given a tour around the school- It was huge, but I've been to bigger schools, so getting lost won't be a problem.  TOP followed us around, it was a little embarassing to have him along, but I think the girls in my tour group loved it.  Then we were given subject choices:
 
You will have Maths, Korean, English and an extra language as a base.  Please choose from the below: (Authors note: the hightlighted choices are Hei Ryung's Choices)
 
1: (1 choice)
 
Drama      Cooking    woodcutting workshop    Computer programming
 
2:(1 choice)
Biology     Chemistry     Physics
 
In addition to academics, you will also have singing, dancing and stage life classes.  You will need to choose:
 
1: (2 choices)
Ballet     Hip hop    Jazz    contemporary    Tap
 
2: (2 choices)
 
Music Making(composing)   Makeup and Costume   Lighting and sound   Stage Directing  Music Video Directing    
 
The music board will decide whether you will be in a group or a single, and whether you have a stage name (according to your auditions.)     
 
The choices given were nice, and I had a hard time choosing which ones I liked.  I quickly thought of my umma's words "...choose the things that have more use, and not just what you think you like during that time"   and I knew what I had to do.  It's nice to have a wise mother.  It was so exciting- just to think, in a few more days, I'll finally be a student of SCHOOL OF CUBE!!!
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 YAHEHEH!  
my first chapter is done!  It might sound a little boring and Hei Ryung might sound so childish, but she will mature and think for herself once she gets into SCHOOL OF CUBE :D  Comment and suscribe?  oh...and btw, I like naming my main character Hei Ryung, because it's easier to stick with one name than to think of a new one.  Plus, I can remember her more right?!