Daycare Chaos

You and I

Chapter 3: Daycare Chaos

Aerin stood in front of the building, looking up towards the blue sign that says WONDER DAYCARE.

 It was Saturday. Not only that, but it was nine in the morning. The time she could be sleeping in her warm and cozy bed, instead she is going to working at a daycare center alongside the person she did not want to see. The person she tries so hard to avoid both in and outside of school, but sadly luck doesn't seem to be on her side. 

Aerin sighed before pulling the door open and stepping into the building. As she walked in, she glanced around at the room that looked newly painted. The room was pretty empty, except for some shelves and the big brown boxes placed in one corner of the room. Looking around she did not see anyone there. 

Aerin stopped at the counter waiting for whoever in charge. 

A women who looked like someone in their fifties walked out to the counter. 

"Hi, welcome to Wonder Daycare."

"Hi, my child care teacher, Mrs. Han sent me here."

"Yes, you must be Aerin. You can called me Mrs. Kim. Your friend Youngjae came here early," Mrs.Kim said as Youngjae came walking out.

 He grinned as soon as he saw Aerin.

"I was just showing him the storage room where we keep that the supplies in just in case you run out."

Aerin nodded, "What will we be doing here?"

"You can start by unpacking those brown boxes over there," Mrs. Kim said pointing towards the boxes in the corner. "If you have any questions, you can come ask me."

Aerin and Youngjae got to work, unpacking the boxes. 

Youngjae took out some books and toys while stealing glances at Aerin. Well... he made it pretty obvious, while she tried ignoring him. 

Aerin started placing some of the toys on the shelves. As she turned beside her, she came face to face with Youngjae. 

Aerin frowned, "What are you doing?"

"What? I was putting this away," he said holding up a miniature train.

"There is a shelf on your side too," Aerin replied. 

"Err...I-I like this one better,"he said making up a lame excuse.

"Fine," she sidestepping to the right trying to get away from him, but Youngjae coincidentally did the same think. Aerin stepped to the left, he also stepped to the left. Frustrated, Aerin looked at him.

"I was also going that way," Youngjae said putting his hands up trying to defend himself. Aerin just walked away him.

They continued with what they were doing. 

Aerin searched through the box, but couldn't find any tape to put up the pictures on the wall. She looked towards Youngjae comtempting wheatger or not to ask him.

"Youngjae...where is the storage room?"

"Huh?" Youngjae look up towards her, surprised that she was talking to him. "Of course, follow me," he said as he hurriedly got up with Aerin unwillingly following behind him.

"It should be in here,"he said walking inside the room.

As they both entered the room, the door closed by itself. 

Aerin glanced around, wanting to exit the room as quick as possible. 

"Found it,"said Youngjae. As soon as he said that she grabbed the knob, but it did not turn.

'We are locked in' was what they were both thinking, but the reactions was a little different. 

"I can't be locked in here."

"We just need to wait for Mrs.Kim to come back and get the key."

Aerin sat down the floor with her back against the wall while Youngjae stood leaning against the wall. They silence filled the dark room. Since, they couldn't find the light switch,  it was pitch dark.  

"You're wasting time," Aerin said out of no where.

"Huh?"

"Chasing after me when I won't fall you. I haven't for the last three years."

"I liked you then and I still like you now. I haven't thought about giving up."

After that there is silence again. Fifteen minutes passed by skowly.

"Aerin, Youngjae,"called a voice from outside. 

"Mrs.Kim!"

"Are you two in there?" The voice got closer. "I'll get the key."

The door opened, the two couldn't be happier to see the outside.

Mrs.Kim stood in front of them, "I'm sorry. That door needed to be fixed. You both finished your community service. Thank for your hard work. You are always welcomed back."

"Thank you," they both greeted her before leaving the building. They left with a determined look on their faces.

I don't plan on falling for you.

I don't plan on giving up.