Start of a New Year

You and I

 

Chapter 1: Start of a New Year

 

It the start of a new school year at Radiant High.

Lee Aerin enters the campus grounds of the school filled with crowds of students. Many students were already present, catching up with their friends about their summer vacation or wandering around the school like lost puppies.

Aerin proceeds for the door, untill she spots a famillar face.

Choi Youngjae.

Not that she wanted to remember him, but how could she forget. The guy who has been following her around since freshmen year.

She looked down and started walking quickly, trying to avoid being seen by him. Unfortunately, she wasn't quick enough. "Aerin!" Youngjae yelled while waving with a huge grin on his face.

Aerin pulls the door open, running as fast as she could to the office, which is also where she is suppose to meet her bestfriend, Daeun. She sees Daeun standing right in front of the entrance to the office.

"Hey Aerin!" Daeun called with a smile on her face. "What happened to you? Did you run all the way here?" Asked Daeun.

Aerin sighs and nods.

"Hmm... Youngjae,"said Daeun knowingly. "Nothing much as changed. But you know... I saw him this morning too. Don't you think he got more handsome over the summer."

"If you like him then date him," replied Aerin.

"I just said he is handsome not that I want to date him. Plus he matches better with you, Daeun responsed.

Aerin shot her an annoyed look.

"Well... we can talk about that later. I really missed you!!" Exclaimed Daeun, pulling Aerin into a bear hug.

"Are you done? It hurts,"said Aerin patting Daeun's arm hoping her friend would release her.

Luckily for Aerin the announcements .

Attention all students, please report to the assembly room. The assembly starts in five minutes. It is mandatory. Do not be late.

Aerin and Daeun arrived at the assembly just in time and aquired their seats in the Senior's area. 

The principal started his speech, "All the staff at Radiant High will help you find yourself and contribute to make your four years of highschool an excellent experience. Students..." Aerin blanked out on the speech. The principal recites the same speech every single year.

"Psst, Aerin." Aerin turned towards the direction of the voice. In the row behind her a couple of seats away, sat Youngjae smiling at her. Aerin turned away. "What's wrong?" Asked Daeun who was sitting next to her. Aerin titled her head towards Youngjae's direction. Daeun looked towards the direction Aerin is mentioning. "Ahh,"nodded Daeun."Well, he is over there, so at least he can't brother you as much."

Aerin's phone beeped. Incoming Text message.

Aerin looked at it with a blank expression on her face and showed her phone to Daeun. "Okay. Nevermind. I take it back," said Daeun.

It was from Youngjae. It shows a picture of him smiling with her backside in the background. With caption that said: I'm bored. Are you bored? Aerin stuffed her phone into her backpack.

The assembly ended and Aerin and Daeun walked out. 

"Hey Lee Aerin," called Youngjae from behind her. Next to him was his cousin, Lim Changkyun. 

"I'll see you at lunch," said Daeun.

Aerin nodded before walking away to go to her first period class. 

"Well, I'll see you at lunch too,"Youngjae said to his cousin before catching up with Aerin.

"Stop following me."

"What's your class schedule?"

"Let's sit together at lunch."

"Leave me alone."

Changkyun walked over to Daeun. "Seems like nothing has changed. This year might end up like every other year, just like that boring speech the principal does every year."

Daeun laughed,"Maybe, but I think somethings might turn out differently this year. After all, this our last year here."

"You mean like you and me?" Changkyun said with a grin on his face.

"Dream on," said Daeun before walking off. 

Changkyun glanced towards the direction Youngjae and Aerin walked off in and smiled before catching with Daeun.

 

 


A/N: Sorry it took so long, I finally update the first chapter since its Winter break. Feel free to comment. I love reading what you think about the story.