Chapter Four

Sickeningly Sweet

(A/N: MIANHAE GUYS!! I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. I honestly thought I had posted this about a month ago, but when I had gotten halfway through the next chapter I realized it was still sitting, waiting to be posted. CONSIDER IT A VALENTINE'S DAY PRESENT)

 

 

Seokjin lays on his right side, hands in a prayer position, tucked neatly beneath his head. His eyes are trained on the back of Yoongi’s body, ears twitching every so often upon hearing the hiccups from the other boy.

 

“Yoongi?” Seokjin whispers tentatively.

 

The blonde haired boy quiets down,deep in thought.

 

“I-I know you're upset right now, but um… I was wondering if we could… If we could…” Seokjin nibbles on his lip.

 

“It's okay Jin.” Yoongi murmurs, sniffling a bit. “Say whatever you’d like. Your voice...is very relaxing.”

 

A dusty pink spreads across Seokjin’s face.

 

“Can we talk about earlier this morning?” Jin blurts out. “I-I was just wondering-” He swallows the lump in his throat. “Why did you get in my bed? And hug me and everything? I thought you were super homophobic or something like that…”

 

Yoongi flips onto his left side so he can make eye contact with Jin. “I was worried about you. You kept whining in your sleep and I just couldn't leave you alone like that, so fragile and scared.”

 

The light swipes across Yoongi’s face, illuminating the emotion in his sparkling eyes.

 

“Are you homophobic Yoongi?” Seokjin asks, eyes hard as rock.

 

He pauses, unsure of how to phrase it. “I wouldn't say I'm homophobic. It's more like not knowing much about it and being afraid of the unknown.”

 

Jin nods, falling onto his back, eyes fluttering shut.

 

“Jin. Are you gay?” Yoongi squeezes his pillow in anticipation.

 

Seokjin throws his arm across his eyes. “Yeah. I am.”

 

He suddenly starts to laugh, madly. “I've never told anyone that before. Not even Namjoon. It feels nice to have that off my chest.”

 

Seokjin sighs deeply. “I'm going to die anyway, so what's the point in hiding.”

 

“Don't say that.” Yoongi whispers fiercely.

 

“Say that I'm gay?”

 

“No. That you're going to die.”

 

“It's the truth.”

 

Yoongi abruptly sits up, going off on a tangent. “Stop it. Don't make it sound so final. There's still treatments for you like surgery and radiation and counseling and um, maybe chemo. I don't know just don't say it like that!”

 

“If you keep rambling on, I'll have to kiss you.” Seokjin replies, a hint of playfulness in his voice.

 

Yoongi climbs out of bed, and lightly punches Seokjin on the shoulder, careful not to break his arm.

 

Jin winces, clutching his arm. “Ow, that really hurt me Yoongi. I think it might be broken.” He begins to breathe heavily, panic growing in his eyes.

 

“Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Let me call a nurse.”

 

Seokjin smirks and yanks Yoongi onto his bed the minute his back turns.

 

“I got you.” He giggles, fingers clutching Yoongi’s bicep tightly.

 

Yoongi turns his head away out of embarrassment and starts to ramble. “You really shouldn't worry me like that. It's not fair. Don't play your illness either, it's not nice at all. And-and—”

 

Seokjin leans up pecks Yoongi’s jawline to shut him up.

 

“WH-what are you doing?” Yoongi’s eyes widen and he turns to make eye contact with the boy beneath him. “This is not appropriate to do with your roommate! I'll let it slide this once, but if you do it again I’ll—”

 

Seokjin grabs Yoongi’s cheeks in his hands, pulling him down for a kiss. His lips slowly begin to move against the surprised boy’s above him.

 

Yoongi smacks Seokjin’s cheek, breaking the string of saliva connecting their lips. Anger radiates off of Yoongi, eyes burning holes in the boy beneath him.

 

“I told you not to do that again.” He says in a husky voice.

 

Yoongi roughly swings his right leg off the hospital bed, padding into the bathroom and slamming the door.

 

Seokjin blankly stares after him, caressing his tender, pink cheek. He didn’t think the blonde haired boy was being serious when he said not to kiss him again, since he seemed to be flustered from the first one.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seokjin sighs, glaring at the curtain dividing their hospital beds. He didn’t understand why Yoongi was being so childish about the situation. Ever since he came out of the bathroom two hours ago, he’s been gloomily watching the television. It feels like Yoongi’s pout and crossed arms have created a storm cloud in the room.

 

“You can’t stay mad forever!” Jin shouts, angrily snuggling into his pillow.

 

Yoongi blatantly ignores him, not even flinching at the loud voice.

 

“Come on Grumps, I’m sorry!” He whines.

 

“Shut the Hell up, I’m trying to watch Running Man over here.” Yoongi grumbles, shooting even more negativity into the atmosphere.

 

“Look, I’m really sorry. I just thought that you kinda liked it or something?” Jin sits in a criss cross on his bed, hand rubbing the back of his neck. “You just looked so flustered, and-”

 

“Please, this is Sistar’s episode.” Yoongi cuts him off. “Ahh Bora is so pretty.” He says, attempting to change the topic.

 

“Stop deflecting.”

 

“I’m not deflecting.”

 

“Yes you are.”

 

“No, I’m really not.” Yoongi says harshly.

 

Seokjin sighs, hobbling to the other side of the room. He places his hands on his hips, staring Yoongi dead in the eyes.

 

Yoongi averts his gaze.

 

“Just be honest.” Jin says softly.

 

“I didn’t like it.” Yoongi’s cheeks burn under Jin’s scrutiny.

 

“Then look me in the eye when you say it.” Jin an eyebrow.

 

Yoongi shyly looks at him, sighing as his eyes flutter shut. “I didn’t. I swear.”

 

“I said to look at me while you say it.”

 

“I thoroughly did not enjoy it, okay? DID NOT!” Yoongi rushes out in a single breathe. “Aish, just leave me alone.

 

Seokjin’s heart pulses painfully against his chest. Swallowing the lump in his throat, Jin apologizes again.

 

“I’m sorry that I thought you were joking. I swear I won’t do it again...unless you want me to of course.” Jin sniggers. “I really didn’t mean to upset you.”

 

Yoongi sighs yet again, swallowing his pride. “It’s okay. Stop feeling so guilty, it’s messing up the feng shui in here.” He waves his arms as he says the last part.

 

Seokjin immediately perks up, rushing to give him a hug. “Ah thank you! I don’t think I could’ve take another minute of this gloomy atmosphere in here.”

 

Yoongi shoves him off, a playful tone in his voice. “Don’t touch me, you jerk.”

 

Seokjin laughs, laying back on Yoongi’s bed.

An amiable feeling settles in the air, lightening up the room considerably.

 

Yoongi glances over at Jin momentarily before training his eyes on the television again.

 

“Get off my bed. It’s ruining the pleasant sentiment Sistar has bestowed upon me.” He mumbles.

 

“Alright, alright. I’ll just watch VIXX TV on my phone or something.” Jin rolls his eyes, slipping off the bed.


Seokjin drags his broken leg back across the room, a small smile playing on his lips. He’s going to make Yoongi warm up to him, whether he likes it or not.