Chapter Two

Sickeningly Sweet

It’s been a week. One long, trying week of Seokjin tormenting Yoongi. And for some reason Mr. Min thought that he had seen it all. Apparently not.
 
Yoongi awakes with a tuft of fluffy brown hair tickling his nose. Immediately, he swats at it, hand meeting a squishy cheek.

“Ow!” Seokjin shrieks, clutching at his tender face. “What was that for?”
Yoongi’s eyes widen, body wiggling away from the other boy. “What are you doing in my bed?” He screams.

“I was trying to snuggle!” Seokjin answers as if it is the most obvious thing in the world.

“You’re crazy! We’ve only known each other for a week, and we’re both guys!” Yoongi looks as though he’s about to hyperventilate.

“My bed was freezing and you looked so warm and cozy.” Seokjin shrugs. “I really don’t see any problem with two guys sharing a bed.”

Yoongi stares down at him in horror. “Are you… Are you gay?”

Seokjin shrugs, head moving to snuggle into Yoongi’s chest. “Mmm, probably. I’ve got nothing to lose admitting it now.”

Yoongi screams, falling off of his bed. “Don’t touch me like that!”

Seokjin leans over the edge of the bed. “Are you okay, Grandpa?”

Yoongi groans and rolls onto his side. “No. Leave me alone.”

Seokjin hobbles off the bed and limps over to Yoongi. “I’m sorry. I was just messing around.”

Yoongi sighs, eyes squeezed shut. “So everything you said was just a joke?”

“Yeah. I really didn’t mean to scare you.”

“It’s okay.” Yoongi says, finally calming down. “Please don’t do anything like that again unless I say it’s okay.”

Seokjin nods, sitting back down on Yoongi’s bed in order to take the weight off his injured leg.

Yoongi lifts himself up off the floor, and sits next to Seokjin, staring down at his leg clad in a white cast. “How’d you do that anyway?”

“Oh well…” Seokjin shakes his hair into his face. “I’m a soccer player, and I have Ewing’s Sarcoma, which puts me at a higher risk for fractures. In my last soccer game, the ball barreled into my calf and fractured it.”

“Oh.” Yoongi suddenly felt bad for asking. “I see.”

“Don’t pity me please.” Seokjin says, his eyes boring into Yoongi’s face.

“I won’t.” Yoongi makes eye contact to show that he means what he says.

There’s a moment of silence before Seokjin speaks again. “Would you say that you’re depressed? About losing your hopes of a long life.”

“No.” Yoongi immediately replies. “I have always believed more in the quality of life over the quantity.”

“But don’t our lives now?”

“Not necessarily, Jin. It just depends on what we take out of it.” Yoongi pats his shoulder.

Seokjin looks like he’s about to start crying, so Yoongi reluctantly pulls him into a hug and rubs circles in his back.
Yoongi pulls away, looking Seokjin straight in the eye. “Let’s go exploring. I’ll push you around in a wheelchair so you don’t have to walk.”

Seokjin wipes his eyes and nods.
___________________________

Jimin and Jeongguk sit cross-legged on the floor of their hospital room, playing an intense game of go fish.

“Do you have an ace of spades?” Jimin questions.
Jeongguk pouts, sliding it over. “I don't want to play this anymore.”

“You're only saying that because you're losing.”

“So!” He throws his cards down on the floor then stretches his arms over his head.

“Okay, fine. What do you want to do?” Jimin acquiesces.

“I just want to snuggle and watch TV. My next chemo treatment is only in thirty minutes anyway.” Jeongguk replies, laying down on his bed with a sigh.

“Alright, just for my Kookie.”

Jimin climbs onto the bed and cuddles into Jeongguk’s side.

“Thank you Minnie.” He whispers. “I appreciate it.”

Jimin pets his hair staring into his eyes lovingly. “You're welcome.”

Jeongguk yawns. “I love you.”

“Love you too.” He murmurs, pressing a kiss to his boyfriend’s forehead.

“‘M sleepy.” Jeongguk paws at Jimin’s chest.

“You can sleep. It's okay.”
Jeongguk nods, slipping away with the comfort of strong arms.
___________________________

“Yoongi, I don't think we’re supposed to be in here. We should go back to our room.” Seokjin scolds.

“Shhh.” Yoongi places his index finger over Jin’s lips. “My code name shall be Suga.”

Seokjin rolls his eyes. “Okay. Can I call you Grandpa instead?”

“No. People might figure that one out… Princess.” Yoongi smirks.

The color drains from Jin’s face. “Excuse me?”

“Pink Princess. I think it suits you.” Yoongi declares, right hand placed on his chest.

“This isn't payback for the Grandpa thing is it?” Seokjin whines.

“Oh no. I was just creating a code name to match your character.”

“Then why did you pick Suga?” Seokjin furrows his brows in thought.

“Because I'm as sweet as sugar.” Yoongi says proudly with one of his groundbreaking grins on his face.

“You're such a liar.” Jin laughs.

“Maybe you're the liar. I was the one who was so sweet as to push you around this hospital and discover such a beautiful hiding spot for us.”

“It's a storage closet.” Seokjin dead pans.

“Hush hush darling. Love holds no bounds.” Yoongi says in a fake, poetic voice.

Seokjin snorts.

“Okay sweetie pie.” Jin says making a kissy face.

“Nice try. I'm not that easy.” Yoongi sasses.

Abruptly, Seokjin’s gaze moves downward and his breathing grows shallow.

“Um Yoo- I mean Suga. Can you take me back our room now?” Jin asks with a pained look on his face.

“Yeah, sure. Are you okay?” Yoongi questions with a concerned look on his face.
Seokjin shakes his head no. 

“My leg.” He gasps.

Yoongi nods, lips pressed tightly together. “I'll take us to Dr. Sung-kyu.”

“The room is fine Suga. I just need to...go back now.” Seokjin has difficulty speaking because of the pain.

Yoongi spins the wheelchair around and speed walks to the elevator, not even bothering to sneak by doctors at this point.

“Hold on a little longer. You'll be okay.” He reassures, massaging Jin’s shoulders as the floors on the elevator screen click away.