Chapter One

Sickeningly Sweet

Yoongi rubs at his eyes lethargically, a rattling noise pulling him from his dreamland. He groans, about to shout at his mom to quiet down, until he realizes where he is. Rolling onto his side, he examines the sleeping boy in the bed beside him.

 

Yoongi's eyes roam from his fluffy brown hair, to his plump pink lips, to his lightly tanned skin, to that fragile frame of his, and it makes Yoongi wonder just how long that boy has been a resident in this hospital. It seems as though he has been here awhile.

Turning over onto his back, Yoongi swallows roughly, a tightness growing in his chest again. He clutches at the fabric covering his bone, trying to focus on taking deep breaths, despite the onset of anxiety in his mind.

The minute Yoongi thinks he has his current situation under control, a sharp pain enters his abdomen. His left hand trails down to grasp at his stomach, while his right hand goes to page a nurse.

Shortly after, a petite woman with mid-length black hair enters the room, a calming air about her.

"I'm Nurse Irene." She bows politely, a small smile on her face. "What can I help you with sweetie?"

Yoongi waves a hand above his chest and croaks out, "Can't...breathe, and my st-stomach..."

Nurse Irene nods, moving to place an oxygen mask over his mouth. "Focus on your breathing. In." She drags in a dramatic deep breath, then blows it out. "Out."

"Better?" She smiles wider, right eyebrow raised.

Yoongi stares up at her in admiration and nods before pointing at his tummy.

"I'm going to go and get you an ice pack. I'll be right back." She pats his shoulder.

After she has exited the room, Yoongi lets his eyes flutter shut momentarily in an attempt at relaxation. It's not long though before he feels a gaze upon him.

He looks over only to meet a pair of deep brown eyes.

"I'm back!" Nurse Irene announces, interrupting the silent staring contest between Yoongi and the other male.

"May I place this under your gown?" She asks politely.

Yoongi nods, pulling his eyes away from the handsome boy two watch her.

Carefully, Nurse Irene lifts up his gown and lays a comforting ice pack on his stomach. He instantly feels relief.

"If you need anything else just page me." She bows then leaves the room again.

 

After a few moments of silence, Yoongi hears a quiet voice from across the room say, "My name is Seokjin."

Yoongi opens his eyes and turns his head to look at the other boy.

"But you can call me Jin." He whispers, staring straight into Yoongi's eyes.

Jin starts uncontrollably laughing. "My name sounds like the alcohol Gin."

Yoongi pulls down his oxygen mask for a moment. "Are you insane?"

"No." Jin says incredulously. "It's just funny."

Yoongi rolls his eyes, afraid that he's going to have to spend the rest of his life with a madman.

"It's really not." Yoongi says, pulling his mask back on.

"You-you look like Bane!" Jin points, giggling again.

Yoongi pushes the button on the side of his bed about 10 times.

Nurse Irene comes running in. "What's wrong?"

Yoongi simply points at the boy next to him.

"Seokjin?" She asks quizzically. "Is there something wrong with him?"

Yoongi points at Jin's head, pulling down his mask. "He's insane."

Nurse Irene starts laughing. "Oh no, he's not insane Yoongi! He's just coming down from the anesthesia; his mind is cloudy."

Yoongi blushes crimson red. "Oh..."

She shakes her head, walking over to the other bed.

"Seokjin? How are you feeling? Any pain?" Nurse Irene asks quietly, rubbing his arm.

Jin shakes his head, smiling. "I'm okay, thank you."

"I'm glad. I'll be going now." Irene bows. "It's time for my lunch break."

Jin nods politely, snuggling into his pillow, his body still facing Yoongi.

_____________________________________

5:32PM

Seokjin stares relentlessly at Yoongi's profile, eyes wandering from his face to the hand jotting down lyrics in his notebook.

"What's your name?" Jin finally asks out of sheer boredom. He's been watching this scene take place for the past hour and a half in complete silence.

He looks up from his notebook, turning his tired eyes towards Jin. "Yoongi."

A small smile spreads across Seokjin's lips. "That's a cute name."

"Thanks I guess..." Yoongi replies nonchalantly, moving to continue his lyric writing.

Jin pushes himself up on his forearm. "How long have you been here?"

"Since last night." Yoongi replies, not even bothering to look up from his paper.

"What do you have?" Jin whispers, eyes dropping to his hands that are fiddling with the sleeve of his gown.

Yoongi sighs, dragging a hand down his face. "Cancer. Now can you please close your lips for a few minutes?"

Jin nods and falls onto his back, eyes blankly staring at the ceiling. He presses his lips together tightly and begins to puff up his cheeks with air, causing him too look like a monkey. Loudly, Jin pops his lips to release the air, repeating this over and over again for entertainment.

"Fine!" Yoongi shouts, throwing his pencil down on the bed. "What would you like to talk about Seokjin?" He asks in an annoyed voice, turning his body to face the other boy.

Jin nods at his notebook. "What were you writing?"

"Lyrics."

"About what?"

"Things." Yoongi replies shortly.

"Do you do that a lot?"

"Yeah. Everday if I can." He fidgets uncomfortably.

"Are you always this sensitive Grandpa? Or just on certain days of the week." Jin smirks.

Yoongi thinks for a moment. "Mm. Only with people inferior to me."

Seokjin pouts, chucking his pillow at Yoongi. "I'm gonna call you Grumpy from now on, you-you grandpa."

Jin huffs, plopping back onto his bed, causing Yoongi to chuckle quietly at his childish notions.

"Okay Dopey." Yoongi laughs, patting Jin's pillow which lays in his lap. "How old are you anyway?"

"17." Seokjin still avoids the other's gaze.

Yoongi's eyes widen, the rhythmic patting of the pillow ceasing to exist. "No way! You act like a 2 year old!"

"Well how old are you then? 70? 80?" Jin retorts, finally gazing sharply at Yoongi.

Yoongi drops his head and mumbles. "16."

A booming laugh leaves Seokjin's lips as he points at Yoongi. "Oh my god! I can't believe I'm Oppa. Call me oppa from now on you small child."

Yoongi flushes crimson red once more. "I will not. Shall not, and never will! Got it?"

Jin shakes his head, chanting. "Oppa, oppa, oppa."

It looks like Yoongi is roommates with a mad man. Pray for him.

__________________________________________

A/N: ahhhhh~ thank you guys so much for the many reads, I really appreciate it! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment and share! ^~^