One

Not Anymore

Part I - Shattering Your Heart

 

“Sorry the number you have dialed is engaged. Please call back later”

Do Kyungsoo looks intently over his hand phone since half an hour ago. It has been 30 minutes, why is it still engaged? Who is Jongin’s talking to for almost hours? Kyungsoo was so deep in his own thought without realizing his friend has been calling out his name over and over again.

“Do Kyungsoo, I’ve been calling you 5 times, didn’t you hear me?”

Kyungsoo looks up at his friend, sighing.

“Sorry Baekhyun, I was thinking of something earlier. What is it you’re calling me for?” He said.

“I was going to tell you, I will be on leave next Wednesday for a week. Mr. Oh told me just now.” He spoke excitedly.

“Ah, good for you” Kyungsoo forces a smile before looks back over his phone hesitating whether to call his husband or not.

Baekhyun notices the little guy weird action since this morning, he felt kind of irritated that Kyungsoo halfheartedly respond to his news. He thought Kyungsoo would at least beams a smile and probably gives him a hug since he’s been striving to apply a leave since last year and finally it was approved. The little guy have been pestering him to take a leave for days or weeks since forever as according to Kyungsoo, all Baekhyun ever did was work, work and work.

“Kyungsoo, what’s with you and your phone?” He doesn’t even try to mask that he is annoyed.

“Huh-what did you say that? I-it’s nothing. I’m j-just”

“Just what? See you’re stammering. There must be something.” He scrutinizes Kyungsoo expression over and over again.

“It’s okay Soo, but if you have problem, you know you can count on me right?” Silence.

“I know. Thank you Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo smiled truthfully for the first time that day.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo have been looking over at the clock for the ninth time. It is already 1 in the morning, but his husband didn’t come home yet. To say Do Kyungsoo is worried is understatement; he’s been waiting since 7 hours ago for a dinner together.

Why isn’t he’s home yet?

Kyungsoo looks over at the dinner he prepared, he finally gave up. He felt so sleepy and worn out. Just as he about to throw away the dishes, the door is being opened and a hoarse voice heard.

“God, Kyungsoo. Where are you?”

Kyungsoo immediately rushed to the front door to greet his husband as always. The man he loves looks so tired and smell….different. He contemplated a second before asking Jongin.

“Why are you so late?”

“Busy. Loads of work in the office.” Jongin answered without even looking at Kyungsoo

“Oh, I’ve made dinner. Do you want some?”

Instead of answering, Jongin just head over to the dining table. He loosens up his tie and started to devour the food. However before Kyungsoo even get the chance to scoop rice in his plate, Jongin spits out everything.

“What the is this?!” Jongin barks  “Are you trying to kill me by feeding me this ?!”

“J-jonginn, I-im sorry. I-I”

“You’re ing with me right?! What the hell Kyungsoo! Did you even know how to cook?!” He heaves before continue “I’m tired Kyungsoo. I came back expecting a good food, at least a presentable and pleasant spouse to treat me well. But I’ve only got you! You who doesn’t even know how to make an edible food, you don’t even that pleasant to look at!”

Jongin notices Kyungsoo already tearing up as he tried to keep his sobs as low as possible but Jongin doesn’t care right now. He’s too tired, either with his work and his spouse. Yeah Jongin is that selfish.

“Why did I even marry you?” He drops the last word before he went out again slamming the front door, leaving Kyungsoo shattered and broken.

 


A/N: Hey, so yeah the first one is out! I'm still not sure how long or short this story will be but I'll be updating at least one chapter a week.
 Thank you for reading! :)