Five

Not Anymore

 

 

PART V – Getting Over

 

 

Do Kyungsoo was greeted with silence once he entered his shared apartment. There is no sign of Jongin here. Actually Jongin hadn’t come back since 2 weeks ago, where the divorce has been mentioned and Kyungsoo furiously went away ignoring the latter since then.  Sighing, he plopped down the lousy couch while loosening his work tie. He felt so dizzy since this morning, but now the headache seems had become worse as the throbbing in his head just won’t stop. He tried to get up to take few aspirin but he wasn’t able to stand up at all. His body felt so tired and sore all at once, so Kyungsoo just settle down with lying on the couch while rubbing his forehead, few minutes later he already drifted into deep slumber.

 

 

The sounds of forks and spoon clatter woke Kyungsoo up from his sleeping state. Rubbing his palm over his eyes, Kyungsoo yawns and that is when he realizes that before he fell asleep, there was no one at home. Panic. He quietly tiptoed over the TV cabinets to get a hold of the baseball bat, might as well hit the burglar who broke inside his house with his special weapon.

Slowly Kyungsoo takes baby steps while leaning his body over the walls. His hand tighten around the bat and as he was about to swing it to whoever creep inside his house, someone tapped his shoulder.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh”

“Oh my god, shut up Kyungsoo! Why are you screaming and holding the freaking bat?”  Jongin half screams partially still terrified over the bat.

Kyungsoo blinked few no too many times before he realized it is Jongin, who is in front of him. He looks upside down few times before loosening his bat hold.

“When did you come back?” Kyungsoo asked tiredly while sparing Jongin glances.

“Just now”

Kyungsoo watched his husband cautiously take the fallen bat towards their bedroom probably to put it back into places and came back next to him seconds after.

“Kyungsoo, can we talk?”

This is it, isn’t it?

“About what?”

“About us, our marriage, I don’t think this is working, we aren’t suitable for each other”

Yeah because you and Luhan are the suitable one.

“I love Luhan and he loves me too”

But I love you too

“I want to be in a serious relationship with him”

Then what about our relationship?

“And I don’t want to give you or us any plain hope, you get it right Kyungsoo?”

I do but I still have hope in us

“Kyungsoo? ”

 

 

 

“Is that what you want, Jongin-ah?”

“Yes, I’m sorry but I really love-

“Okay, then let’s divorce”

Jongin widened his eyes, averting his focus solely towards Kyungsoo. Is he hearing this? Or did Kyungsoo just agree to the divorcement plan.  He stares at Kyungsoo for mere second silently.

“Are you serious? Y-you’re agreeing with me?” He asked carefully to cover his excitement with what he just heard.

Sighing, Kyungsoo switch off the television and threw the remote control beside him.

“Yeah, let’s divorce.” He replies half-heartedly not even glancing at Jongin.

 Kyungsoo didn’t want to see Jongin’s beaming eyes and wide smile that shows how ecstatic he was at the moment. He doesn’t want to feel more hurt when his heart was already broken beyond repair with the decision but he want to heal.

He loves Jongin to death but Jongin can’t even loves him for a day. It’s tiring and pathetic he thought. All of these years he spend just to please and solely devoted for the guy he first fell in love with but get nothing back in return. All these years he sacrifices all his times and work just for the sake of his marriage and all these years he has been so selfless and so blindly in love with someone who probably can never loves him back.

“Tomorrow we’ll go to your firm for the paperwork” Kyungsoo said while massaging his neck “Ah, I’m worn out, night Jongin” he continued to stand up and leaves to his bedroom before Jongin even get to says anything anymore.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up at the sound of his alarm buzzing non-stop.

 

 5.00 am

 

It is still so early in the morning, still at dawn but last night Kyungsoo has already decided that he need to wake up few hours earlier than he usually does. He needs to prepare breakfast for his husband, he needs to do all the house chores and prepare Jongin’s attire for the day. He wants to keep himself busy instead of resting but most importantly he thinks he need to make the most out of today as someone’s spouse, Jongin’s, before they went to the firm probably in few more hours.

He was washing the dishes when he heard the sounds of door being opened.

“Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo looks over his shoulder but there was only dim lighting at the living hall. He knew it was Jongin who called for him, so Kyungsoo settle on continuing his chores.

“Kyungsoo,” he heard his name being called again, but this time much more closely than before. He figures Jongin probably at the dining table by now.

Once Kyungsoo done with the chores, he quickly washed of his hand and looks over at Jongin.

He sighed before sits next to the other guy “Why aren’t you sleeping, Jongin? It is only 5 in the morning. You have at least an hour more to sleep. Go back to sleep”

“I could be asking you the same question you know? Why are you doing the chores at this time?”

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo intently, seeking for answers.

“I had enough of sleep already. You don’t, so go back to bed. There are gonna be lot of things that needed to be done tomorrow” Kyungsoo sigh for the umpteenth time. He was about to retreat to his room before Jongin held his wrist.

“Wait. There something I need to discusses with you” said Jongin still holding Kyungsoo’s wrist.

Kyungsoo contemplated whether to sit back and listen to what the other want to say or go back to bed. He chooses the latter.

“I’m want to take a nap for a while Jongin. We can talk about whatever you want to say later yeah”

This is the first time Kyungsoo ever disagree with Jongin and he’d like to think it is his first step to resist Jongin from his life. Well, he will have to live without the said guy soon anyway.

Gently pulling his hand from Jongin’s hold, Kyungsoo faked a yawn before continues retreating to his room.

Kyungsoo lips tugs into small smile thinking as he just said no to Jongin’s request for once in his whole life. Soon he drifted into deep sleep leaving his messed up life even just for a while.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

A/N: So, hi everyone? Thank you for reading, truthfully I didn't know if this is good enough haha but this chapter basically a fillers. Things will get better (maybe) and there will be few new character added and Baekhyun! (I almost forgot him ><) Actually I've given few hints in the previous chapter though that there are other character other than these four lol but I guess no one aware of it. I did a good job then haha. Sorry if this is too short or bored chapter but I'm working on next chapter hehe! Did anyone know how can I  change the setting for my story so that others can steal it by copy pasting? Okay bye for now, xoxo <3