Four

Not Anymore

Part IV – Bend & Broken

 

 

Divorce.

He wonders how is it so easy for Jongin to say such horrendous words without a second thought at all after all these year they’ve been together.

Kyungsoo knows all these 5 years of being with Jongin, he was the one who always put better effort in everything ever since their first start being together. He  still remembers vividly all those time he felt when he was ditched for the supposedly romantic date,  when all he wants just a pat in the head or a fond smile but instead he receives an insult and not even a single glance. At those times, Kyungsoo can't helps but sometimes comes to wonders are Jongin even realised that he is Kyungsoo's boyfriend.

 

When Jongin’s birthday is reaching, he starts planning a big surprise and invites all those important people for Jongin.

“Um, I’m sorry for interrupting you guys, b-but I was planning t-to do a party for Jongin this Tuesday. Can all of you come because he’ll be happy if you’ll come? Kyungsoo stuttered and look up at the table full of Jongin circle of friend.

One of the guys with semi-blond hair looked at him intently. Minutes passed, Kyungsoo thought they were mad that he, a nothing, an unpopular boy decided to talk to them.

“We’ll come” the semi-blonde guy said before Kyungsoo can walk away. “We will come, just tell me when and where later”

Kyungsoo was beyond happy. “Great! Thank you for agreeing to come! Jongin will be so happy to see his important people there” He can’t stop grinning at the thought of successfully inviting Jongin’s friend come, but it soon disappears when the other guy speaks.

“Not as important as you though, you’re his boyfriend anyway.”

 

During Valentine’s Day, Kyungsoo decides to bake a homemade chocolate for Jongin.

“It was my twentieth try, why was it still ?” he depressedly moans. “Urgh, I’ll just do another one.”

He then starts the measuring again by following the recipes he gets from Baekhyun before.

The next morning, Kyungsoo feels so tired and worn out as he didn’t get any sleep trying to bake perfect chocolate for Jongin.

Kyungsoo peeks over his boyfriend classroom door secretly. He saw Jongin was talking animatedly with his friends. He never talks to me like that.

Kyungsoo was so deep in his thought to realize there was a guy behind him, just standing there looking amused. It takes a slow tap on his shoulder to look back and notices the other guy. The semi-blonde guy from before.

“Wahhh, I’m s-sorry”

 The said guy looking at him again before peek inside his classroom to look for what Kyungsoo was looking at. “Why don’t you just call him outside?”

“Um, he was talking so I-I don’t want to be a bother. I can meet him after class” Kyungsoo said, head ducked down. He is so embarrassed that all he wants was to leave. But he can’t when he felt a big hand softly grip him and a deep voice calling his boyfriend name.

His boyfriend came and the guy smiled at him before went inside the class but not before whispering something to him. “He’s your boyfriend, you’re important to him. So never feel like you’re a bother to him”.

Stunned, his gaze left when he heard Jongin calling his name.

“Why you came here Kyungsoo?”

“Ah” Kyungsoo clumsily opened his bag and handed the chocolate he made last night. “Here, I made this for you last n-

Before he can finished what he said, Jongin opened the chocolate wrapper and bite on it. “Ew, what the is this? It tastes disgusting Kyungsoo! Are you trying to kill me?!” Jongin then throw the chocolate into the trash can next to him, leaving Kyungsoo teary eyed, and a broken heart.

 

 

On special occasion, he spends everything he earns to book those expensive and high class places to please Jongin. He keeps on give and give and give, but sadly Jongin never give back.

Kyungsoo put his hands over his heart, while looking at the mirror checking out his self. Once he felt towards satisfied, Kyungsoo locks his door and rushed towards bus stop. All along the ride, he tries to contain his excitement and giddiness for the date that he has been planning for a while now.

“Ah, here we are” he said to himself, a sweet smile adorned his face. “I can’t wait to meet him”.

Kyungsoo went inside and soon he was scouted by the staff to a closed room. Once fully inside, he gawked at the designed carving on the wall, so beautiful no wonder it was so expensive. He accidentally shivered when remembered how ridiculous the price for this kind of room even just for a few hours. It takes Kyungsoo to works at least 3 kind of different work to be able to rent the room even though it is just for a day.

For the next 20 minutes, there is still no sign of Jongin’s presence, but Kyungsoo knows that Jongin was so busy with his work nowadays so he keeps on waiting. However, he was getting restless when there is still no news or anything from Jongin. As Kyungsoo was about to tap Jongin’s number, his phone started to rang. My Jongin.

“Hello, Jongin-ah! Where are you?” he asked cheerfully.

“Ah, Kyungsoo I’m sorry I can’t come. I’m so tired today and I forgot to tell you” Jongin said nonchalantly.

Kyungsoo was speechless for a second before replying “B-but I’ve already make the reservation at your favourite restaurant, Jongin a-and”

“I have to practice for 3 hours straight today because the coach is dumb as and right now I’m ing tired Kyung, don’t you get it? We can always have dinner together there next time” Jongin snarled over the phone.

“Ah, I need to rest. See you tom” He said again and hang up before Kyungsoo get to reply.

To say Kyungsoo was devastated is an understatement, he was pissed, mad, sad, disappointed but above all he was extremely tired. Kyungsoo really want to understand Jongin the way he always did when Jongin cancelled their movie date because he was too tired with the football practice but still managed to go out at night. Or when Jongin said he was tired with his dancing routine so he can’t come to Kyungsoo’s during the boy birthday, or when he said he was tired with tons of the school work but still able to attend to one of his friend wild party. Kyungsoo felt so hurt because he knows Jongin doesn’t love him as much as he loves the other. He had to work three jobs in order to be able to book for today’s date but in the end, still nothing matter to Jongin.

He’s been looking at his phone for half an hour after Jongin’s call, still trying to cope up everything that just happened. He was almost having a meltdown when suddenly there’s a knock on the door and the man told that it was almost their closing time before politely leaves.

“But I’ve been planning all of these for a long time ago” he sadly whispers to no one before decided to went home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe, just maybe it's time for him to let go.

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo steps closer towards Jongin “I-I’m sorry that you have to marry someone who you don’t love.” He whispers before taking Jongin’s hand “Maybe you’re right, I was never the one” He pulled off his ring, handed it to Jongin.

“I’ll prepare the divorcement paper soon.” He says one last time before decided to walk away.

 

 

 


 

A/n:  Hi, how do you like this chapter? I'm sorry because this is my first time doing a fanfic and this past few month had been really tough for me as I was admitted to hospital along with final exam, project and tons of other problems. I was so depressed when I was diagnosed with more than 1 health problems which is why I wasn't able to update for so long. Anyway, as you can see this chap is fully a flashback and a little bit insight on Kaisoo's relationship before their marriage. This story wasn't supposed to be long but oh well and there will be few new characters added soon!  If you have any suggestion do drop it in the comment :) Thank u for reading ! (I might edit this later)