Chapter 1

It Ends With A Kiss

It had starting raining again. I sat on the sofa by the window of the living room, looking out of the manor.Sighing. Things were not as they used to be. It's been a few months after our honeymoon and now he is so caught up with work that we haven't had the time to go out together, talk to each other like the way we used to. I let out another sigh.

"Ma'am?" I look over to the side to see Ying with a smile.

"Should i prepare lunch? It's already 1 o'clock." Ying eyes are filled with concern once more. I sigh once more and nod.

As I walk to the dining hall, I sat down and ate my meal. I glanced at the chair beside me. I wish he was here.

 

Time passed by so slow as i sat by the window again. It was still raining. I shouldn't be so depress. I rub my belly as i am reminded of what had happen this few days.

*Flashback*

Saturday morning has always been my favourite time. Every saturday, Ying and I would go to the market to buy fresh groceries and sat at my favourite coffee shop near the market. Luhan used to follow us but he got busy. The coffee shop is owned by an old couple who are sweet and loving, Mr and Mrs Xi, constantly reminds me of my own folks. As we walk around the meat stalls, my stomach feels off. Must be the wind in my stomach again. Stomach has been acting up lately. As Ying and I stop at our usual butcher, Mr Chow, my stomach starts acting up even more. I rush to the nearby toilet, which thankfully a few metres away. I let out on the sink. Ying reach to me and patted my back.

"Are you ok ma'am?" I ignore it just to let all out. I groan at the uneasiness in my throat.

"Maybe we should head back?" I shook my head.

"No, it's fine. We're almost done. Just the meat. Luhan likes it when i cook him my stir fried spicy beef." She nods.

"Maybe I could go alone and you could wait for me at the cafe ma'am? It's better that way." I clean up myself and just nod at her suggestion. Ever since Luhan and I got married, Ying and I are become close. She's like a little sister I wish i have. I could always count on her.

As i reach the cafe i was greeted by Mrs Xi.

"Ah.. Mei, you're here. The usual?"I chuckled. She is the few people who calls me by my chinese name, Yuen Mei. I nod at her and sat down at a nearby table. She rushes off to the kitchen. When she got back, she has with her a teapot of Oolong tea and three char siew buns.

"Thank you Mrs Xi."

"My pleasure dear. Where is Ying?" Looking around for her.

"She went to the butcher. I couldn't accompany her cause my stomach acted up when i got to the stall. Not forgetting running to the toilet and let out my breakfast." I roll my eyes at the fact. She gave me the biggest smile.

"Oh? Uneasy stomach? Vomitting? The whole way here?" She eyes at me, smiling

"No. I was fine until i reach the meat stalls." She smiles even wider.

"Have you been feeling off often??" What is she getting to here. Hmm.. But come to think of it..

"Come to think of it, stomach has been acting up when i smell some things that I don't like." Then she burst to laughters.

"Congratulations dear! I bet Luhan will be so happy!"

"What? Why?" Just then, Ying arrived.

"Hi Mrs Xi" Ying bow at her.

"Oh Ying! What a happy news!" Ying was looking at me all confuse. I shrugged at her, not having a clue to this. Mrs Xi notice our blur reactions.

"Oh you two. Uneasy stomach? Vomitting?" Waving her hands as she talks. Still no clue. She roll her eyes at us.

"Yuen Mei, you're pregnant!" What? Ying and I had the same expression on our face. I'm Pregnant?!

*End of Flashbacks*

 

After that, Ying and I went to the family doctor and went for a check up. The doctor verified the news. I was so happy and even Ying were jumping and clapping as she heard the news. Ever since yesterday, Ying had been all controlling about what i eat and how i move and all. Like she said, quote, "It's for your own good and the baby's sake"

That night, I tried telling Luhan about the wonderful news. But to my disappointment, he had to fly to Shanghai to close up some business deal. My dad and my father in law is working him up too hard. But no matter, I will tell him tomorrow when he get back.