05 -

Unknown Mate

05 -

 

 

College wasn’t as bad as he expected. The worse part about studying away from home would be meeting new people, is what he told himself, but that wasn't an issue when, as fate would have it, his online acquaintance Baekbabe was his roommate. The one he now knew as Byun Baekhyun was a loud, cheerful, dramatic and fashion loving fool with a heart of gold that loved to tease and have fun. Through him, he met other people and soon the experience became a fun one rather than what he had dreaded it would be. But three months in, he had the shock of his life.

 

He had honestly forgotten what university Chanyeol had gone to, unaware that even though their career paths would most likely never cross, there were many other ways in which they could meet again: Finding Baekhyun ing the alpha inside of their shared room being the most unsavory of them all. So now, his partner of 2 years was back into his life, dating his best friend.

 

 

(16:25)TO Kris:

Hyuuuung!

 

(16:31)FROM Kris:

What happened?

 

(16:31)TO Kris:

Chanyeol and My bff are dating now!!

 

(16:33)FROM Kris:

Who was chanyeol again?

 

(16:34)TO Kris:

My boyfriend!

 

(16:34)FROM Kris:

I thought he was a Jun-something, or was it Joon? I never get it right

 

(16:35)TO Kris:

Before him! U know chanyeol, the guy I dated before I met you, the alpha…

 

(16:40)FROM Kris:

Right! that guy… but that was ages ago, why does it bother you?

 

(16:41)TO Kris:

it doesn’t bother me sentimentally! I’m over him but my body still remembers and I don’t know how my heat will go if he is around

 

(16:42)FROM Kris:

I see, well you can always huddle in your room and call someone to help

 

(16:45)TO Kris:

but I’m living on campus, tho

 

(16:53)FROM Kris:

You DO know that this whole thing started in university, right? there are college students who work for the company part time and take care of the omegas on campus

 

(16:53)TO Kris:

Damn, that company is so big! How do I contact?

 

(16:55)FROM Kris:

Check the board in your dorm or something, there must be a flyer around somewhere

 

(16:56)TO Kris:

Thanx! Love U!

 

(16:56)FROM Kris:

Yeah, yeah, love you too


 

And he did. It took him by surprise the first time he typed those words back, but in all honesty, from the moment he gave Kyungsoo his personal number so that they could text each other, it was obvious that they would only become closer as they interacted. With the kind of first meeting they had, neither had expected the impromptu friendship to develop so much and the other to become such a precious person in their lives but they did.

 

“I love you!? For real!? Didn’t peg you as the type, FanFan” Annoying Kim Jongdae commented as he peered at his phone over his shoulder.

“No way!” exclaimed Soo Young as she came to look at the offending text message.

“Oh, shut up, it’s just a friend, you know I don’t DO relationships anymore” he felt the need to clarify, especially with Jongin walking into the room.

“Choi! They want you at the front desk” he called to the other alpha, sitting down in one of the chairs farthest from him and Jongdae, uncaring of the current dispute.

“There is no such thing as just friends with an omega; If he decides he wants you he’ll have you, a tilt of the head and we’re all doomed” Jongdae reasoned, sitting back down as he resigned to not being able to get a glimpse of the rest of the texts.

“Now, when did I ever say it was a male omega?”

“Because if you were exchanging ‘I love you’s' with a female beta then you would have already resigned to go marry her” the cheeky alpha countered, years of knowing his collegue and what he likes, as much as he silently disapproves.

“True that” the tanned alpha in the corner interjected.

 

Tired with the teasing, Kris decided to be mean.

 

“You’re right, he’s an omega but we are just friends, I’m not weak like you, you lousy ” he cpuntered, facing the shorter of the three.

“Now, who you calling lousy ? I’m a pro!” Chen eagerly defended.

“That’s not what he said” the tall alpha taunted, prompting a snicker to leave his quiet workmate's lips as he sat enjoying the show while Chen gapped indignantly “Don’t believe me? Check the forum at the site, you get so much hate man, you should really read it and improve” he finished with a overly confident smirk as Kai simply chuckled, glad that Chen was called to the lobby before he could retort.

“What was that all about?” Kai asked in between laughs

“ thinks just because I’m friends with an omega I’ll end up mating him or something” which reminds him… said omega was technically already taken by this guy. Maybe he should help them get together, more for the sake of helping his cute Soo with his heat than for the little in front of him, he was such a disrespectful dongsaeng but he guessed he should do a good deed once a year or something, and last year he had skipped so he owed the world some kind of repay.

 

“That aside… I met your mate” he mentioned offhandedly

 

“I know, that was over a year ago you er, and you never told me where to find him so don’t go rubbing it in, now” Kai answered bitterly, squaring his shoulders as his mind was filled with territorialism and over possessiveness on instinct at the mere mention of his mate.

 

 

He had been naive back then and trusted what Kris had told him, going to ask Xiumin if he could maybe help him out with finding his mate. The shorter said it'd be hard to tell who it was with how many clients he had but that he'd give it a try, however none of the clients Xiumin had told him about turned out being his mate and Kai had lost hope.

 

“Yeah, about that… I’m kind of, still in contact with him” Kris explained, unsure of what reaction to expect.

“Huh?”

“He’s name is Kyungsoo and he’s 19 right now, going to college. We became kind of close in the past year and I know he’s always wanted to meet his mate so I thought of doing him not you a favor and introducing the two of you” he finished, already regretting his decision when the younger male quite literally pounced on him, to hug him in gratitude of course, but he still stumbled and fell backwards, landing painfully on his because of their combined weights so it hurt as if he had been attacked yet his fellow alpha was even the side of his face like a puppy.

 

“Do you promise, hyung!?” the man more like boy given his current state asked, earning a calm nod as his answer "You’re the best!"

 

“Yeah, yeah, I love you too, now get off-”

 

“Ewww! Again!? Guys not in the office, please!” Sehun interrupted as he walked in to begin his turn, disgusted by the alpha-on- alpha display, still mentally scarred from last year “You said it was a one time thing, Kai! What happened!?”

 

“Mate!” the boy now turned eager puppy exclaimed joyfully as he got up and towards his best friend, had he been in wolf form his tail would be wagging right then.

“You said that last time, too!!”