08 -

Unknown Mate

08 -

 

Kai wouldn’t shut up about his dear mate with his coworkers and how could he, really? so when he shared his desire to resign everybody knew why and congratulated him on his happiness.

 

“Today is my last day”  he told the company maknae, Sehun, a good friend of his  “I filed for resignation three days ago but I was reserved for today so the boss told me to do this last one so they wouldn’t have to refund the client”.

 

“Had it been any other he would have just let them go, not like he can stop them, he’s just abusing ‘cause he knows you can’t say no to him” the younger said with a snort, and he wasn’t wrong.

 

“The boss” Kim Heechul, the original founder of this whole charade just so happened to be Kim Jongin’s uncle.

 

Jongin had been a… not so brilliant student back in highschool, not really a rebellious bad boy, just a lazy student and as a consequence hadn’t been admitted to any University. Back then he hadn’t really cared, much more preoccupied with his dream of dancing until his parents decided they wouldn’t keep paying for his classes if he continued to be an irresponsible scrub. Jongin had turned to his eccentric uncle in hopes that the liberal man was more understanding but instead got the old “when I was your age” speech. Except that his uncle’s speech went something like “When I was your age I had my own alpha ion ring going on in college, while keeping a stellar 3.9 GPA in my business major”. The man refused to have Jongin as a freeloader and decided to teach him how to earn his keep by… employing him into his escorting business, what else?

 

Jongin didn’t mind all that much and even after he graduated a performing arts school, he didn’t think of retiring. But now he could put that teaching degree to some good use and leave the gigolo life forever, settle down with his beautiful mate in a big home for their future children and enjoy life.

 

Uncle Heechul approved, his parents were happy.

 

Oh Mirae was not.


Jongin parked his car in the basement of Cendrellion hotel and exited with his usual poise, mind set on work mode. Kai had a galantery, a stance, a certain look that wasn’t really Jongin’s; he had acquired this persona earlier on his career after a sunbae had advised him not to be himself around clients. If these people liked real men they’d have partners by now; these people expect a fantasy like prince charming when they pay for the service and he had learned how to be exactly that.

 

Suit pristine and black shoes shinny he stood in front of room 635, where his very last client was waiting for him. An old omega - 58 - named Oh Mirae.

 

He’ll admit that old ladies are a downside of the job, but someone's gotta do it because an omega’s cycle only stops well into the fifties, this is probably one of Mirae’s last heats considering her advanced age.

 

He knew Mirae, had been a regular for a very long time and it seemed kind of fate-ish that she’d be his last.

 

The door was opened and Kai had his lady-killer smile in place. A split second later, Kim Jongin was passed out on the carpet.


 

(19:23) FROM Kris-hyung:

Hey soo, Jongin w/ u?

 

(19:24) TO Kris-hyung:

No, why?

 

(19:24) FROM Kris-hyung:

Well, today is his last day but the little didn’t report back to the office after his last appointment

 

(19:25) TO Kris-hyung:

Well, he’s not here, traffic jam?

 

(19:25) FROM Kris-hyung:

NO way, it’s been 5 hours since he shoulda been here

 

(19:25) TO Kris-hyung:

And you’re just telling me this NOW!?

 

(19:26) FROM Kris-hyung:

I thought you were ing, didn’t want to interrupt

 

(19:31) TO Kris-hyung:

He’s not answering his phone

 

(19:32) FROM Kris-hyung:

Don’t you think i tried that?

 

(19:32) TO Kris-hyung:

Kris, if this is a joke from you 2…

 

(19:33) FROM Kris-hyung:

I’m serious

 

 

Kyungsoo was an anxious mess, calling all of the friends of Jongin that he knew but none had seen him or talked to him in the entire day other than Sehun, but he hadn’t heard of him after he left for his last appointment. He was seriously considering calling the police to report a missing person when suddenly his phone screen lit up with an incoming message. He hoped to all things holy that it was Kris telling him Jongin had arrived at the office safely, but when he looked, it wasn’t Kris.

 

(19:45)TO Kris-hyung:

Hyung…

 

(19:46)FROM Kris-hyung:

Yes? He there?

 

(19:46)TO Kris-hyung:

I got a text from his phone

 

(19:47)FROM Kris-hyung:

Thank god, I was starting to seriously worry for that brat

 

(19:47)TO Kris-hyung:

That’s not it hyung

 

(19:47)FROM Kris-hyung:

Then what?

 

(19:50)FROM Kris-hyung:

Kyung?

 

(19:51)TO Kris-hyung: