04 -

Unknown Mate

04 -

 

 

An hour later, Kyungsoo was at the front desk, paying for the session, ermm, sessions before he could leave. Kris stood by his side as was customary, giving the person behind the desk - a human, mind you - a report so that he could be charged accordingly, then turning to him as the woman made the invoice.

 

“So, here’s my card, you can call my work number if you don’t feel like dealing with the attendant, it works the same and you won’t be charged extra or anything” he explained as he handed the elegant business card - “I only pick up during work hours, which is from 8am to 3pm for me. If I don’t you’ll know I’m busy”

 

“Okay” the omega beamed as he made a mental note to write that down as soon as he got home, thankful for the offer. He didn’t want to be stuck with Chen again.

 

“But don’t hesitate to call the agency and try out new guys, I know new clients like to stick to someone they feel comfortable with at first, but you may find someone more to your liking if you explore around a little” - he advised, only now remembering that the cutie in front of him had a mate, not that he knew, but he did, so like the good friend (not really) he was, he kept encouraging him to test out various assistants and maybe they’ll meet at some point, because he didn’t feel like playing matchmaker and setting them on a date or something, even if he knew they were destined mates and it couldn’t possibly go wrong, it just wasn’t his style. So he said goodbye to the man with a casual pat to his behind, relishing in the fact that he didn’t become flustered, or look back flirtily, but just waved like it had no ual connotation whatsoever, like it was a friendly farewell. It felt nice, to be this comfortable after several rounds of wild .

 

Unknown to him Kyungsoo was having very similar thoughts, a silly grin plastered on his face at the thought of having made a new friend he could be himself around, because Kris didn’t even know his name like he didn’t know his, they didn’t know who the other was outside of the bedroom or how they live their lives so neither could judge. They were free to say whatever was in their minds without the pressure of having to keep any pretenses, without having to act like the intellectual guy, the shy one, the weak omega, the quiet kid, like he wasn’t depressed for his parents divorce, like he was all of a sudden refined and almighty because his new dad had money, like it didn’t hurt him to know what people said about him when he wasn’t looking. No, he didn’t have to fake a self that wasn’t his, not with Kris. But Kris was just his friend… sometimes he wished his mate would come around, someone he could show his true self to and be loved for it, be loved for being just him.

 

But there are 7 billion people in the world and only one of those is his mate, so he didn’t have much faith in finding his One.


 

The rest of his heat, which only lasted two more days, had been dealt with like the second day, a not-so-quick visist paid to the centre to request the services of the only person he currently felt comfortable with, so much so that he had been labeled a Regular, getting discounts and an account was oppened for him; he felt unsettled saying "add it to my account" instead of paying for it, knowing that the transaction would be automactic and he had nothing to concern himself with, but it was still weird to know that he had done this enough times that the employee at the front desk knew his name. So he decided to stop visiting the centre, seeing how it was much more convenient to get a house call and following Kris' advice to explore the possibilities.

 

Kyungsoo then found himself once again logged in on the site, looking through the catalogue which had all the existing assistants listed, a lock icon over those that were reserved and a house one for those that were currently assigned to the center.  From the list though, he noted that Xiumin seemed to be always reserved, which wasn’t weird considering what a particular specialty he had, not the sort you call as a last resort or randomly stumble upon. It seemed all of his clients were regulars and booked him for every heat with much anticipation, so Kyungsoo gave up on ever catching him free, everyone else was available for house calls and the list was long, almost too long to choose only one from it, so he asked for help.

 

CallMeMaster says:

 

Hey guys! My heat’s over and I couldn’t get Xiumin, it seems he’s always busy and I can’t schedule him because I’m irregular, any other recommendation?

 

LuLu says:

 

Get Chen, I like Chen.

 

CallMeMaster says:

 

Been there, done that, hated it.

 

LuLu says:

 

(T_T)

 

Panda says:

 

Get Kris!!!! He’s the best!!! Biggest Knot in the agency

 

LuLu says:

 

So you like them big, huh? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

 

Panda says:

 

No use hiding it ;)

 

CallMeMaster says:

 

Been there, done that, loved it. But I’d like to try someone new.

 

Panda says:

 

Then how about Kai? Second biggest Knot *drool*

 

BaekBabe says:

 

Size isn’t everything, technique is important too.

 

Panda says:

 

You saying Kai ain’t good!? LIES!!

 

BaekBabe says:

 

Lay is better, he can do magic with those hips, dayum

 

LuLu says:

 

True, but Kai’s still pretty good, like, god good

 

CallMeMaster says:

Guys, make up your mind: Lay or Kai?

 

BaekBabe says:

 

Lay!

 

LuLu says:

 

Kai!

 

Panda says:

 

Kris!! No but really, If you liked Kris then you’re bound to like Kai as well ;)

 

CallMeMaster says:

Kai it is.


 

So for his next heat, Kyungsoo was planning to call Kai, eager to see for himself just how good this alleged “ god” was.


 

Meanwhile, he lived his everyday life which consisted of working at the bakery then slacking off for the rest of the day since he had taken a year off before starting in college, feeling unprepared for college life and especially one away from his home, so he had taken to working as a waiter in a local bakery, mainly for the sake of doing something with his time since he didn’t really need the money, and he couldn’t say he had friends either so he hoped being forced to interact with the customers would somehow improve his social skills.

 

He wasn’t unlikable, on the contrary he was very easy to get along with and a very good friend when you get to know him, but people don’t usually bother looking past the first impression and he wasn’t the most outgoing person himself so he was pretty much a loner and the thought of going to a new place and trying (read:failing) to make new friends terrified him.

 

»Maybe it’s because I’m too quiet and come off as unapproachable, and that’s why people don’t try to talk to me, or at least that’s the usual, Chanyeol had been the only exception, the only who came up to me wanting to get to know me, so excuse me if I was left a stuttering idiot, gaping like a fish when this very handsome guy, miles out of my league, asked for my number, MY number!? There was no subtle flirting involved or anything! I just asked him what he wanted to order and he said he wanted my number, I know, super cliché, and I should have answered “sir that is not on the menu” and act like I was unaffected by his pick up line but damn, I was indeed highly affected by the mischievous smirk and the wink he dedicated me.

So I gave in, not because I’m desperate, he’s cute so why not?«

 

So numbers were exchanged and a week later so were text messages, basic questions were asked and answers partly given; written lies meant to appeal to the other, to hide the things one knows the other wouldn’t like: The 18 year old Do Kyungsoo introduced himself as a 20 years old college student after 21 years old Kim Junmyeon introduced himself as a 24 year old freelance interior designer, trying to appear more mature, having assumed Kyungsoo to be his same age. Omega Kyungsoo had also claimed to be a beta, human Junmyeon couldn’t tell either way. Only son Kyungsoo left out how his sister was only step- and how his father was only the man who married his mom, this hot stranger needn’t know that much, just like said hottie “forgot” to mention he was already in a committed relationship.

 

What them both developed for the other was too fake, too shallow, it couldn’t be called a relationship, but they weren’t exactly friends with benefits either; there were feelings there, just not love, far from it, but there was some level of "like" beyond physical attraction that kept them “together” for five months.

 

The first lie that crumbled was kyungsoo's alledged beta status with the apperance of his first heat which Junmyeon took diligent care of but sparked up the question "why did you lie?".

 

Kyungsoo lied because he didn't think it whatever it was would last that long, didn't think it would ever go further than a hookup, and they did hook up, but the texts didn't stop coming the following day and the dates became more frequent and something nameless, shapeless grew between them.

 

But that something wasn't strong enough, it crumbled the moment it was time for Kyungsoo to leave for college, a business major that would inherit his step fater's business because his sister although older and his actual daugther, had preffered to study architecture. The goodbye wasn't a teary one, but simple.

 

One person he would miss, and maybe it's sad that he will yearn for this unespected friend more than he will the guy he "dated", is Kris. The guy had slowly but surely wormed his way into his heart and become a dear friend of his, not only as the text buddy that he initially was or the ual relief he had been expecting him to be.