Eight

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

Now that Jungkook knew he could see the dead, he felt like he could notice them more clearly. He was making an effort to, at least. He noticed that some people passing by him had a dark aura around them, he could seldom spot black smoke trailing behind their walking figures. These type of ghosts, he was certain he needed to stay away from. On the internet, they were listed as the spirits who were somewhat unpleasant if disturbed.

The problem was, these were the only type of ghosts he knew how to differentiate. The rest just looked like the normal human population to him, but he didn't want to know about any other type of ghosts. He wanted to complete his senior year in peace, and no supernatural shennanigans were going to make his everyday life seem more weirder. 

Ignorance was going to be the key to his success.

Jungkook focused his attention on his maths book in front of him, tightly gripping on to his black gel-pen. His head moved closer to his book and he bit on his lower lip. This graph wasn't making any sense to him at all. He turned to the back of his book where the answers were located on and simply scribbled them down. He couldnt've cared less if his writing was hard to read or not. 

The breeze coming in from the open window next to his seat brushed against his cheek so gracefully, as if telling him to take a peek outside. He didn't get the message because he was busy pestering the person in front of him to explain the answer to him. When he sat down again, this time smiling foolishly like a child for getting a simple question correct, the wind blew past him for a second time. 

Jungkook looked outside out of boredom. He could see the empty school track, and the football field in the middle of it. Next to the field was the basketball court he always played on during lunches. 

But nearing the tracks he could see two people he could recognise. One was a guy in his grade he resented, while the other was a girl he found himself hanging out with when all his other friends were busy. They weren't that close, but they clicked in a way. How was he feeling seeing these two people walk side by side, chatting away, unaware of their surroundings?

Jungkook slammed his pen on desk with a loud bang, gaining puzzled looks from all his classmates. As he did that he stood up from his desk, his eyes focused on the two people outside. 

"Jeon Jungkook, you secretive rascal!"

Jungkook felt a strong arm being secured around his neck, forcing him to tear his gaze away from the scene he was watching. Taehyung kept him locked, and he questioned in a commanding, deep voice. "We would be much obliged if you told us where in the world you headed off to last week."

"Damn it   Hyung, let me go and we'll talk about it!" 

"Tae, let him go." Jimin placed a hand on Taehyung's shoulder, lightly pushing him to release the young one. "I'm waiting for a good excuse, because we spent twenty minutes waiting for you! You thought you just walked off because you forgot something, but then you started talking to... I don't know! Oxygen? So yeah, you were talking and then you ran way at the speed of damn lightning! The least you could've done was tell us where you were." 

I was chasing Seungcheol hyung, the dead captain of the basketball club! Jungkook wanted to chirp and smile like a psychotic person, but he found himself panicking when both Jimin and Taehyung had their arms crossed. The two resembled two parents demanding an explanation from their son who came home late, which he had also done before. 

"U-Uh, my dad was at the front gate. I was actually talking on the phone but I guess you guys didn't see it. He said he wanted to pass me some lunch!" He smiled widely, hoping that Jimin would be convinced.

The three of them stood in silence. Taehyung and Jimin were assessing the reliability of Jungkook's answer and he was praying that they wouldn't question him further. Jimin rubbed his chin in not-so deep though, until a dissatisfied frown appeared on his face. "Your dad came? Why didn't you call us? We should've said our greetings to Mr. Jeon!"

"H-He's a busy man, he needed to rush for a meeting." Jungkook honestly wasn't knowledgable on his father's work schedule.

"Well, then I guess there wasn't any helping it." Taehyung said, then he decided to look outside the window that Jungkook was staring at earlier. "By the way, what were you staring at?" He shot Jungkook a look once he realised what the boy had been staring at. "You were staring at Kim Myungsoo? What for? He's a total... overcompetitive person."

"I wasn't staring at him, he's with someone else!" Jungkook rushed over beside Taehyung, and he could clearly still see Haewon talking away with Myungsoo on the stands. 

"Wah, he's definitely gone crazy. He's talking to himself and smiling and . Do you think he's got an earpiece or something in his ear?" Jimin peeked from behind the two of them. 

"Hyung, you need to get your eyes checked. There's literally a girl right next to him." Jungkook ruffled his hair in exasperation, at last deciding to pay no heed to any of the two older boys' assumptions. He sighed before settling back down in his seat, his fists clenched together. 

"What's up with him?" Jimin gestured his thumb at the younger boy, but Taehyung continued to focus his gaze on Myungsoo exchanging talk by himself. 

"He's using an earpiece, I bet you. Hey, Park Chim, should I get one too?"

 

 

Haewon was bored out of her wits. Seeing the same school campus greet her everyday made her yawn. Seungcheol was no fun these days for some unknown reason he didn't want to let her know about. 'It's better for you not to know, young one.' He'd told her a few days ago on a Sunday while he was playing basketball by himself because that was the only day where he could indulge himself in delight for as long as he liked.

Jungkook was acting unlike himself. He was senior now and he had his tests coming up, and from the looks of it she could tell the boy's expertise didn't quite seem to be studying. Yesterday, she'd discreetly teleported on to the tree across his classroom window. When she called his name, he didn't even seem to be surprised to find her there anymore. His reaction the first time was much more entertaining. 

"I'm telling you this for the last time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter