Four

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

 

Haewon didn't know why she was running. She actually didn't have to run, because even if she stopped the person who was chasing them would just run past her. No one could see her, so if they ended up getting caught only Jungkook would get in trouble. She knew she could've just stopped in her tracks, but then she would end up betraying her new friend, and she didn't want that at all.

There was something about this situation that made her feel more refreshed than ever. It was her first time acting like a rebellious teen in awhile, and knowing that she was running next to someone filled her insides with happiness. Maybe it was because of how Jungkook smiled at her, flashing his two front teeth that were slightly jutting out (you had to be really close to him to notice it), that she didn't feel like stopping. 

After about what felt like a lifetime running, the shouting behind them still failed to disappear. Haewon could see by this time that Jungkook was on the verge of using up all of his energy, for his heavy pants were the only sound that filled her ears. She looked behind her to see the same man trying to get on their tail. The man had a well-built body and she could see various tattoos decorate either side of his arms. If they were going to keep running, this man would probably not stop until he caught them. The only method possible was to lose him.

"Jungkook," Haewon placed her hand over the boy's before slowly sliding his hand down, "run."

A look of puzzlement crossed over Jungkook's face, his eyebrows creased together and his lips curved downwards. "Are you crazy? Why are you telling me to run when the both of us need to run?"

"Just go!" Haewon placed her hands on his shoulders, pushing him with all her force. "I'll distract him so you just find a place to hide! Do you want us to get caught, do you want us to end up paying a fortune to that guy?"

"Hold on, Ji Haewo  "

"Go, and don't look back!" Haewon grinned at him reassuringly. She raised her left hand up to wave at him, and then she proceeded to turn around.

"Aish, that little bastard! Come here!" The man cursed, unaware that Haewon was approaching.

The man was about to set out again for his hunt for Jungkook, when Haewon stuck her foot in front of him, sending him toppling on to the concrete ground in a few seconds. The man looked around him, his eyes wide in fear as he cursed again. Haewon glared at him and stomped a foot on his stomach so he wouldn't be able to get up.

"What the hell?!" The man struggled to get up, but Haewon's foot was still holding him down.

She bent down until her lips were close to his ear, and she let out a deadly whisper which hit the man's ear like frost. "It's best if you just get lost. Now."

Terrified, the man struggled to lift himself up. He was lucky Haewon had decided to remove her foot, or he would've been crying in public by then. She could hear his whimpers as he ran off in the opposite direction in which he'd come from. She dusted her palms, placing her hands behind her head as she continued on her way to wherever her legs decided to guide her   the streets of Hongdae, Myeongdong, Dongdaemun   whatever. 

 

Jungkook hadn't spotted Haewon for the remaining days of the first school week. He could remember the scene of them running away for accidentally destroying someone's car like it just happened, but that was days ago. After she had abruptly told him to leave her, he hadn't seen her since. To be honest, he wasn't sure why he listened to her in the first place. He was a man, he believed he was supposed to be the one defending her.

On Wednesday he found himself staring out the window, a small part of him hoping to see her up to her playful antics on the tree outside which was across his classroom window. She wasn't there. On Thursday he went back to the same park to see if was there, but when he arrived only the lone, yellow toy car lay on the playground floor. The man must've thrown it in frustration. Finally, on Friday he just gave up altogether. 

To him, that girl was just someone he happened to meet coincidentally. They'd known each other for less than a week, Jungkook thought he had no right to worry over her when they'd just met. Heck, why didn't he still know what class she was in?! This small thing he had no clue about proved that they were even less than friends. As for what Haewon thought, it could've been different.

But Jungkook was confused, because it was the most fun he'd ever had in a while in the midst of the beginning of his hectic school life. Could she really be called a stranger if they hung out with each other at least once, with him teasing and smiling at her?

Saturday came, just like any other.

"JUNGKOOK-AH!"

The energetic voice boomed around his house, reaching Jungkook who was in his room lazing around. Jung Hoseok's raucous voice bounced off the walls like gas molecules that never seemed to be stop. Eventhough Hoseok's loud voice had died down, Jungkook could still hear it faintly in his mind, which annoyed the hell out of him.

He sat up on his bed, closing his eyes calmly. "Three... two... one..."

In synchronisation, six boys barged in to his room at the same time. Jungkook couldn't believe his mother had agreed to let them in, although she knew very well that they were going to involuntarily mess up the house. That was why she told them before they came in, 'Jungkook is upstairs in his room boys, you can go see him there.' His mother was a devious woman, but Jungkook couldn't complain to the woman who nurtured him.

Hoseok, Jimin and Taehyung bounced o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter