Seven

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

 

"Damn it   I forgot about the fact that you can see me  " Seungcheol scurried up the top of the stands before jumping down, disappearing from his sight in a flash. 

Jungkook was frozen for a few seconds, but he was determined to find out about what happened to Choi Seungcheol. He wanted to find out how the older boy could appear in front of him, with no single trace of a burn wound on his face after only a few months. After the horrifying sight he had experienced with his own eyes months ago on the day of the school fire, how was it possible...?

In his mind, he could vividly remember the principal announcing the names of the students who'd perished in the unfortunate fire. Choi Seungcheol, he'd heard the old man say with a soft, serious voice through the microphone months ago. Choi Seungcheol, who used to be the captain of the basketball club. The senior who he'd looked up to from the day he was a freshman. 

He couldn't simply let Seungcheol slip away going unnoticed. He wondered why Jimin and Taehyung weren't saying anything about the boy's sudden appearance. They stood, still waiting for Jungkook, wondering what the hell he was possibly up to.

Slowly, the basketball he was holding between his hands fell on the ground. As it was rolling to another edge of the court, Jungkook was running with all his might. He reached the front of the school gates where he could spot Seungcheol's familiar broad shoulders and jet black hair. The sun was shining it's brightest, it's rays were fixed on Seungcheol. 

"Seungcheol hyung..." Jungkook panted. "You're alive?"

The two of them stood, metres away from each other. Seungcheol wasn't saying anything to him, but for some reason Jungkook guessed the older boy was smiling. When Seungcheol turned around, it was what he'd predicted. 

If Jungkook focused his eyes more clearly on the Seungcheol's figure, it almost appeared translucent to him. It was as if Seungcheol was merely a figment of his imagination that was about to disappear. The moment he found himself in didn't feel real at all, everything was such a blur and all the only thing he wanted was answers. 

"Alive..." The look on Seungcheol's face appeared blank, like it had been a long time since he'd used the word. "I'm anything else other than alive, Jungkook-ah."

"They said you died in the fire! I saw your body, hyung  !" Jungkook clenched his fists together. "I saw it..." He bit on his lip, trying to force the image of Seungcheol's body filled with burns out of his mind.

"You saw it, yeah. I know that," The tone in Seungcheol's voice turned soft, "that was all real." 

"Did you somehow survive, or something?" The older boy didn't answer him, so this time Jungkook raised his voice. "You survived, right? It's not like you're dead or anything like that  "

"I'm dead, Jeon Jungkook." Seungcheol turned around, his distant eyes meeting with Jungkook's widened orbs. The senior he looked up to, who used to always motivate the team with his bubbly personality and corny jokes; during that moment, it seemed as if all of it had disappeared out of him.

Those words hit him like a dagger being stabbed through his heart.

 

 

An hour later, a junior and a deceased senior were sitting beside each other at an empty park outside of school. Jungkook was being stubborn, he didn't want to believe what Seungcheol was telling him, that he could see ghosts. He didn't know how he was supposed to accept it, because it all sounded crazy to him. Then, had he been talking to ghosts without knowing?

It took Seungcheol a long time to persuade Jungkook that he truly could see the dead, though right now he was still a little doubtful. 

"I'm asking you this again, for the last time, hyung." Jungkook stared at his feet, stretched out and crossed over each other. "Are you really dead?"

"For the fifth time, yeah, I am." Seungcheol sighed. "People can't see me, except for people like you, who can see ghosts like us."

"This is... I don't know what to say..." 

"It wasn't my intention on getting found out, honestly. It's just been a while since I saw you play, so I decided: why not cheer him?" Jungkook could hear a soft chuckle being let out from the older boy. "I'm freaking stupid."

Jungkook, who was still dazed by all of this, totally disregarded Seungcheol's sentence. The question he wanted to ask was stuck in the middle of his throat, but he eventually forced it out. "How do I differentiate who's dead and who's not? For all I know, the guy sitting in front of me in class could be dead, the old lady I often say my 'good mornings' to at the supermarket could be dead and the school's cat could be dead too!"

"Just because you can see ghosts, Jungkook, it doesn't mean the whole population is dead except for you." Seungcheol lightly punched his shoulder, and only now could Jungkook feel the chills run down his spine from his touch. "Look over there." He pointed to a small child hiding behind the trees alone. "You see him?"

Jungkook's eyes followed Seungcheol's finger until they finally landed on the said lone child. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter