Six

Hello, My Ghost Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Replay if you've finished! : ^ )

 

"Two tickets to this movie, please... And this movie, and this one, that one too..." 

The cashier gave Jungkook a strange look as she keyed in the amount he was supposed to pay for all those tickets. He could only scratch the back of his neck awkwardly. He could hear the couple behind him whispering about the movie tickets he was buying, they wondered how he was going to watch all that in one day. Yeah, he was wondering the same thing too.

"That will be forty thousand won in total."

Jungkook almost choked on his saliva when he heard the total amount being said to him. He couldn't believe he was wasting that much money for four movies just because of Haewon. He'd asked her to at least contribute ten thousand won, but the girl had nothing in her pockets. She didn't even have a hundred won coin on her.

Hesitantly, he reached for his wallet in his back pocket. Money, please let there be a lot of money. He prayed in his mind whilst he slowly opened the compartment of his wallet where he kept all his notes. A hundred thousand won. Jungkook pumped a fist in his air, silently thanking his father for sneaking some money in his wallet. He handed the cashier the exact amount and received his tickets.

"Jungkook!"

Of course, standing a few feet away from him was Ji Haewon. The girl who'd started this chaotic mess of a movie marathon. 

"Yeah, whatever you want." 

Jungkook watched Haewon continue to draw circles on the ground with her index finger. She wasn't giving an answer on what she wanted to do yet. Perhaps she was shy about it, since she'd already dragged asked him for so many favours. He walked over to where she was squatting, and he squatted down next to her. They met eyes for a brief second before the girl averted her gaze back to what she was drawing on the ground.

She drew a square and added two circles on top of it. At the side of the rectangle, she drew half a cylinder jutting out of it. Jungkook already knew what she was planning on telling him judging from the drawing she'd made. He crossed his legs together and rocked back and forth, deciding to ask her the question she'd been waiting for.

"A movie?" He asked her. 

Haewon, finally looking in to his eyes, nodded frantically at him. "It's not embarrassing, right?" 

"Why would it be? Everyone loves watching a good movie, sure. But you didn't have a chance to go?" Jungkook stood up, dusting the lingering dirt on his pants. "Your studies catching up to you or something?"

"Heh..." Haewon grinned, a small tone of embarrassment being sensed in her voice. "I haven't watched a movie in five years. So, you could say that."

This was the first time Jungkook had ever met someone who'd never seen a movie in such a long time. All of a sudden, he felt a need for this girl in front of him to watch all the movies she wanted today. How could she miss five years worth of thrilling movies? He forgot about the fact that he still had to go to school the next day, and he told her without thinking.

"What? Five years?" His mouth was agape in shock. "Hey, that's crazy! You need to dump studying for once, Ji Haewon, if you're doing that. Studying isn't everything, you need to have some fun sometimes. This won't do, get up." He offered his outstretched hand to her. The hand she didn't take the first time they'd met. 

When Jungkook felt Haewon's grip on his palm, his heart started beating faster. He helped her up while staring somewhere else, because he didn't want his eyes to land on her in fear that he would lose his normal way of acting. If he looked at her, he was afraid that he would stutter and his face would redden and he would sprout out gibberish like a child learning his first words. 

"Are we going to the cinema?" Jungkook nodded at her question, noticing that her fingers were still wound around his palm delicately. He was distracted by Haewon's ecstatic cheers. "Assa! Then can we watch any movie? You really mean it, right?"

"Y-Yeah, sure. We'll watch any movie..." He released his hand from her, but the girl was too caught up with the movies they were going to be watching to notice anything about his actions.

"I can't believe we're going to watch four movies in one day. School finished at four today, do you know what time it'll be when we're finished with all of them?"  Jungkook sighed at the thought of him returning home at one in the morning, all of his energy drained out of his body. There was no way he was going to survive lessons tomorrow.

"You said we could watch any movie earlier, so I'm not complaining."

"I only said one movie, not four." 

"Same thing." Haewon grinned and Jungkook honestly couldn't handle this girl. He shot her a glare along with a childish pout, but he only ended up getting teased for the look on his face.

"Whatever, let's go in already." He started to make his way to the entrance which would lead them to a stretch of cinema halls. 

"You go first," Jungkook turned around to find Haewon still standing in the same place she was in before, she hadn't moved a single inch from her spot, "I'm going to use the restroom for abit." She rushed over to him, sticking her hand out. "Hand me the tickets and I'll meet you there later."

Jungkook slowly placed her tickets on her palm, although he didn't want to because he was convinced she would lose them. "Don't lose them." He reminded her just as she was about to head for the restroom, and she waved him off.

 

Haewon crawled through the hallways of the cinema, making sure her ticket was sliding unnoticed on the floor with her. When she arrived at cinema five, she waited for some people to enter before she stealthily slipped through the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter