Lie 1: Hee Chul's Reputation

Based Upon Lies

"Your tutor is Hee Chul?! Kim Hee Chul?!" Si Won nearly screamed. Si Won was one of the few Korean students who could speak Chinese very well.

"Yes..." Han Geng said casually, but refusing to look Si Won in the eye, glaring at his homemade soup.

"Aren't you the least bit scared?" he asked.

Han Geng finally glanced up and furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" he said.

"You don't know Hee Chul's reputation? Oh no... this kid doesn't know Kim Hee Chul's reputation!!!" Si Won exclaimed with big hand gestures, standing up.

"Sit down!" hissed Han Geng.

"Han Geng, listen carefully and listen well. Do NOT get involved with Kim Hee Chul, do you understand?" Si Won was bent over the table, his fist enclosed in Han Geng's shirt, and their faces literally inches away from each other.

"Truthfully, no..." Han Geng answered. "You switched to Korean too quickly."

Si Won exhaled hotly and sat back down correctly. "I'll say this slowly," he hissed in Chinese. "Stay away from Kim Hee Chul."

"Why? Is he your boyfriend?" Han Geng chuckled softly as he regarded his soup again.

Si Won blushed and stuttered, "N-No... I-I'm straight, but... What? No... Hee Chul is just someone who will use you. He's... He's... Just... I don't like him, okay? Hee Chul is vain, has too much pride, and is a ruthless troublemaker. Stay away from him. He's going to screw you over. Oh! And not to mention, he's also gay. That's three sins, Han Geng! Three! Pride, vanity, and homouality! Not to mention his arrogance as well! He's intolerable."

Han Geng raised an eyebrow and gazed at Si Won again. "I'm atheist..." he said.

Si Won nearly had a heart attack and died. His head hung low and a hand over his heart, Si Won placed his hand on top of Han Geng's and said, "I'm so sorry... I will try to convert you."

Han Geng only chuckled softly. He was fine as he is. No changing of religion would've altered his course of action and destiny.

--------------------

Han Geng walked into the library not expecting anything. Once both heavy oak door had slammed shut, a swivel chair in front of a table swerved around.

"Han Geng..." the boy in the chair purred, reading off of a file in his lap. "Otherwise known as Han Kyung. Transferee from China and new at Korean."

Han Geng just bowed slightly and went to set his books on the table, but the boy held up a finger to stop him. He snapped the files shut and stood up. Han Geng couldn't help but smirk. This must be the boy Hee Chul. He'd seen him around campus, but now up close, Han Geng could see the long blonde hair, the smooth skin, the full lips, and the beautiful eyes, the brown eyes that hid Hee Chul's secrets.

"What are you staring at?" asked Hee Chul.

"You," Han Geng replied with a smile before pushing past Hee Chul and setting his books down on the table, sitting in the swivel chair that Hee Chul had been sitting in before.

"Where is everyone?" asked Han Geng, glancing around. The library was usually packed.

"Prohibited from entering here within the hours of 3 and 6," Hee Chul huffed, a hand on his slim hip. "I refuse to teach you while anyone else is around."

Han Geng grinned. Three hours with Hee Chul every day. That gave him fifteen hours to bother Hee Chul every week. Han Geng didn't know what it was, but he wanted to mess with Hee Chul. He wanted to play with his mind until it broke, until he was so far gone that he'd have to ask Han Geng for help to put the pieces of his life back together instead of the other way around, because right now, Han Geng was just begging Hee Chul to put together the shards of his own being, so torn right now because what he wanted seemed unattainable.

"Get out of my chair," Hee Chul growled.

Han Geng raised an eyebrow. "Yours? I see no name..." he answered, inspecting the chair sarcastically.

"Well... Your name isn't on it either and I had it first," he said.

Han Geng smirked. "My name... It's right here," he said, taking up a permanent marker and writing his name in Chinese and Korean on the back of it.

"Yah! That's the school's property!" Hee Chul exclaimed.

Han Geng just sat down again and said, "Well... I don't know anyone named school, and their name is not on the chair, so it is mine." He grinned smugly.

"Whatever..." Hee Chul sighed, walking over to the table. "To start, you need to learn Korean. We will start by saying introductions. You will say your name, your age, something you like, and something you dislike. Arasso? Like this. My name is Kim Hee Chul. I am 17 years old. I like being a troublemaker and I dislike white chocolate. Your turn."

"I am Han Geng--"

"Use Han Kyung. You're in Korea..."

"I am Han... Kyung. I am 17 years. I like having you as my tutor, but hate what is behind your eyes, those emotions you hide deep within your soul."

Hee Chul glanced at Han Geng, his face red with genuine shock. Han Geng pulled Hee Chul into his lap and murmured, "I know more Korean than you think. I learn quickly. However, you seem a bit slow in recognizing someone who wants to peek within your soul and help you heal what's broken, bruised, and scarred."

Hee Chul abruptly stood up, pushing Han Geng away, shaking with want yet resisting. He wanted to believe Han Geng so badly, but he still had dignity. He wouldn't drop his barriers just because this guy had told him to so discreetly. "What... Who..." he began.

"Ah~ Who needs a Korean tutor now?" Han Geng chuckled.

Han Geng knew... Right from the moment he walked into the library and set eyes on Hee Chul. Hee Chul had been planning, practicing, perfecting this ruse of his. He was stiff and careful. Han Geng could see the concentration in his eyes, focusing on his next planned move or word, but right now, he was distressed and at a loss.

"Just... You, shut up! And don't you dare talk to me so informally. It's Hee Chul hyung or just hyung."

"Hee Chul-ah~" Han Geng giggled.

"Hyung!! It's Hee Chul hyung!!!" he screamed, stomping like a child.

"Chullie!!" Han Geng sang, making Hee Chul puff out his cheeks. This would be a long lesson.