2010

Memory

Memory

Dec, 12, 2015


2010
There are signs in everything; one might not see from the eyes but using heart as medium—nothing impossible. Just as before the rain starts to pour down on the earth, it is preceeded by the murky sky, lightning flash, cold air that seeps into the skin and so on. In order to avoid from the aftermath, preparing for an umbrella is the safest thing to do. Via that sorts of cause and effect, a person learn to protect themselves. However in life, would it be as simple as that? If you're able to escape the rain or just grit your teeth and moving on, then will it splash a different colors of memory?
As you breathe, put everything into pieces is just a part of living. Once you felt it from the bottom of your heart then you know, in the face of fate—how helpness can a human being be.
The siblings, Soyun and Sojung, they had faith that everlastingly, they would never ever be apart from one another. But hopes reflect the amount of hurt one ought to receive. They just don't know that...yet.
"I will take Sojung. I need to coach her..." Mr Jung's voice echoed inside the almost emptied house. "The championship is getting near," When he was about to lit a fire to smoke, his soon-to-be ex wife firmly hold his wrist down.
"Please, you're not supposed to smoke here. Our Soyun is sick," she murmured. Not meeting gaze with her husband, instead, she started fidgeting, as if confronting a stranger.
From the other side of the wall, two prying eyes were glassing through the interaction between both of their parents. The siblings don't have the slightest inkling of what was going on. Before they knew, their parents were determined to draw a line between them. Soyun and Sojung had to live separately with each of their parent—that was the only thing that able to register in their brain. It was all that matter for a sixteen year old girl anyway.
"Unnie, looks like I'm going to live with appa. Then unnie..." Sojung tilted her head toward her left. Her heart felt heavier the seconds she eyed on Soyun expresionless face.
Soyun closed her eyes. She felt as if all her muscle clenched at once. "Do what you want. We're all leaving anyway..." Soyun said with a defeated shrug.
Sojung frowned. "What is that supposed to mean?" She asked absently. "Don't you even care about who we're living with after..."
"The choice were obvious though...what's more left to talk about?" Soyun jumped on it. Coldness tinged her voice.
Sojung felt betrayed. On her own, she just couldn't fathom the whole situation. For all the world, it wasn't a new thing. What choice? Why is it obvious? Sojung rub the back of her neck thinking how could Soyun speak that way. How could she utter the words as if she don't care.
"Unnie, stop being upset about stuff like that. In this situation, why would the choice bothered you most?" The youngster who almost never raise her voice toward her sister was losing her temper. 
"Actually..." Soyun finally braced herself. With all might, she turned to the side, facing Sojung.
It wasn't even the first time Sojung had looked into the intensity of those icy grey eyes on Soyun, but at this very moment, every nerve within her was stirred.
"It still suprise me how every time...when these kind of things happen, it'd still manage to bleed my heart..." Soyun told with a sharp but shaky voice.
"Unnie..." A look of horrow dawned in the younger's face. It obvious to anyone that she weren't able to latch onto anything at all. Deep in her thought, she kind of knew what causing Soyun in pain but became a listener had always been the option that she couldn't second to.
And so, the sisters were separated. Soyun stayed with their mother and Sojung went back to China with their father, who was a half-Chinese.
MEMORY | 2015