2011

Memory
flower-tumblr-drawings-wwpiv21eg_zpsizdr
Four
If only time had stopped, then perhaps everything could stay as prettily as in the picture.
 

2011

It all started with Sehun, who had a longing crush on Sojung. Then Soyun, who eyes on Sehun since high school. Soyun was literally in cloud nine when their father unofficially announced her engagement with the so-called prince charming of her heart.
Soyun loved Sehun, until...fate intervened.
After divorced, Sojung followed her father back to China. It was about the time Soyun engaged to Sehun. Before returned to China, Sehun boldly gifted a bracelet with her name 'Jung Sojung' beautifully engraved on each of its beads. However, instead of Sojung, Soyun had to be the receiver. It all lead by Sehun's mistakes when he put the jewelry box into a marshmallow jar which he firmly believed it belonged to Sojung.
Initially it was, but, Sojung handed it to her sister before departed. 
'My one and only love, Krystal.
The pinky note could've burnt into ashes if Soyun stared long enough at it. Her dead eyes were looking straight without blinking. Feeling the sudden urge of rage invading her whole beings, Soyun's bloodshot eyes finally teared up. Both shoulders jolted uncontrollably. Even her lips trembled but no word was uttered. She used to cry even longer, even hectic than these but at this moment of time, an old realization that she'd known for ages bounced back.
She'd always be the one with flaw. Not just second to Sojung, but actually forever unlisted. Invinsible.
"W-Why?" Soyun didn't have to look at the signature of the person who sent the card with the gift. She recognized Sehun's handwritings. Then, a question plagued inside her mind: If it was Sojung who received it, would she be able to recognize it the way she had?
A pang of jealousy tainted her heart. It clenched mercilessly. All these years, she was not only fighting with her illness, but also herself. It killed her relentlessly that she had to live with imperfections for a lifetime.
Compared to Sojung, Soyun was more likable among their circle of friends, and so, she always thought that people tend to like her more, prioritized her. More than HER. After everything that she had gone through, she deserved a special treatment, didn’t she? Moreover, their father had been paying more attention toward Sojung since they were little, not that she wasn’t aware of that.
If only she wasn't the one with disease, if only she could turn back time, if only Sojung wasn't her sister…then, then, it could’ve been less painful. And she would've felt less pitiful.
Why must it be Sojung? And why, out of all people in the whole world, it had to be Sehun, the one she loved? Sehun was her first love, and she wanted him more than anything, so much that she started to loathe...Sojung.
* * *
Ever since leaving Korea, Sojung had been keeping in touch with Soyun. But for some reason unknown to her, Soyun had stopped replying to her letters and barely picking up her phone even. There had been several times wherein Sojung felt utterly puzzled about Soyun’s sudden change of behaviour. Deep down she contemplated that perhaps Soyun were occupied with schooling and also her engagement's matters, but nonetheless, it hadn’t been able to send her uneasiness away.
Sojung was the type of person who remained clueless until someone told her right in front of her face. People had known her as someone who was extremely blunt and yet, clueless. They barely saw her stayed until the end of their gatherings' of all sorts. All in all, Sojung allocated her time specifically for training in order to live up with her father's expectations. It pained her that everything she attempted always seemingly wrong and insufficient in his eyes. Each time, she couldn't help to think that she didn’t try hard enough, or she wasn’t good enough, and worst, she couldn’t achieve anything by her own. Silently, she went through all the years alone. The only person who could soothe her mind amid all the stresses was her sister, Soyun.
Soyun used to become Sojung's world, her inspirations. Soyun was someone she held dearly in her heart of hearts. If she changed, what become of her?
Thus, Sojung was afraid of that. A change of heart. A change of world they used to share, living, and breathed together. In her dearest dream, she believed it would remind prettily that way for an eternity as long as no one change.