2012

Memory

Memory

Nov, 27, 2015


2012
“Unnie!” Sojung shouted at the door’s eye. A sense of happiness running down her spine as she saw Soyun's back, who stood in front of the glassless window. “Unnie-yah!” With a jar of marshmallows wrapped in her arm’s length, her heartbeat quickened at every step.
Sojung's lips curved a smile when Soyun's chubby cheek became more and more evident from the side. "Unnie...yah," she said in a melodious tone beside her ear.
"Why did you come?"
Sojung's deer eyes went white for a flash. She gasped and breathed in a big gulps of cold air only to choke her more. As her feet making a small steps forward, she found herself struggled with each breath. Something odd must have really happened to Soyun today; Her face was drained off blood, as pale as porcelain. But what freaking her out was her surly behaviour.
"Unnie, have you taken your injections yet?" Sojung asked softly, concern etched on her face. Her voice came out tight. It stabbed her right to the core that Soyun wasn't even glance at her ever since she entered the room but despite everything, her health was what worried her more.
With another attempt, Soyung tried to reach out for her hand but Soyun swatted her off before hastily inching away.
"You shouldn't have come..." Soyun uttered quaveringly.
Sojung's eyes narrowed. She was literally gaping at her unnie face, which seemed so familiar yet felt a million away. "Unnie," she said hurriedly and tried to touch her shoulder again. 
Soyun glared menacingly after turned sharply to Sojung's. "Why did you come? Because of Sehun? Was that it?” She hissed, looked away for a second then transfixed her eyes on Sojung again. "It would've been better if I just die off..." When the words bellowed inside the spacious room, it almost as if the force it exerted was enough to be felt in the chest.
The younger's shoulders fell the moments Soyun uttered the word 'die'. The marshmallow jar slipped off her hands , met its end as it dropped onto the floor. Indescribable emotion twirled within, and how Sojung wish that everything was just a dream.
"Unnie..." Not caring about the marshmallow that scattered all over the floor, Sojung brought herself much more closer to Soyun. The moment when they faced one another, Sojung raised one hand in the air just to have it slapped over her sister's cheek while puddle of tears was streaming down her face. "What happen to you?!" Racked in sobs; her mind was fogged up. At times like this, how could she think with clear mind?
Soyun's face was tilted to the side she was slapped. Struggled to hold in tears that threatened to fall with every blink, she bit her lips hard. At sides, her hands were balled into fist. Facing down the floor, the views of ruined marshmallows tormented her to the point that she barely remember how to breathe.
"Shouldn't you tell me why?” Sojung tried to control her shaky voice as she turned to one side. "Why do you acting li-like...this?" she cleared then angled her face at Soyun.
Slowly lifted her chin, Soyun finally meeting up gaze with Sojung. A dark chill ran though Sojung; she squeezed her hands tightly to make herself looked more composing.
Soyun studied her every reaction and smirked. "Did you come to ruin my marriage?” She took a final step, and their faces were just an inch away. They stared into each other's eyes intently. When Sojung tried to retreat backward, Soyun grabbed her wrist. Sojung flinched in pain but Soyun won't let go of her.
"Kang Sehun...is mine." She released those words through gritted teeth. Her delicate nostrils flared; Sojung could sense her hot breath brushed over her cheek. For the first time in life, her heart trembled in a way she had never felt before.
Then, a realization clicked in. People did change.
All the while Sojung was preoccupied with archery's training, Soyun suffered in the hospital. She was alone, lonely, and hurt, not to also mention that—her alleged fiance, Kang Sehun—was in love with someone else.
MEMORY | 2015