An affection.

A confession.

The day after, Jimin was like a zombie. Just moping around, not really doing much of anything except worrying what was to come. The anxiety of turning on his phone and seeing Taehyung's response was weighing him down immensely. His other best friend, Hoseok, surely took notice of the way Jimin was acting. But, to every question he was asked, Jimin always replied with, "I'm fine, Hobie."

Hoseok had a suspicion that it might have had something to do with V. Jimin always confided in him about their relationship lately, and he was always asking for his opinions on certain text messages, and conversations. But Jimin didn't say that anything was going on, so he figured that Jimin was just tired from all of the practice they were doing lately.

Jimin, who was feeling a little better after spending the morning with Hoseok, decided that he would take a walk to clear his thoughts. Every time he tried not to think about it, the predicament he was in kept invading his brain. He really didn't want to turn on his phone and see that Taehyung didn't like him back, like he expected. Or worse - he hates him.

As he sits down at a park bench to rest, he starts to worry even more. "Will he hate me?" "What if he never talks to me again?" He thinks to himself. He wasn't sure if he could handle losing his long-time friend over something this silly.

"I have to do something. I have to open the message." he concludes. Deciding that if he got bad news, he didn't want to have his emotional breakdown in public. He suddenly gets up from the bench, and starts sprinting back toward his house.

His parents aren't home, so the only thing that can be heard is Jimin's heavy panting as he makes his way through the empty house. He drags himself into his room, and shuts the door behind him. (Although he's not sure why.) With his heart beating faster than he thinks is humanly possible, he powered his phone back on.

He waited and waited for a notification but he didn't get one. What? Jimin thought to himself. Did Tae not message him back? He started checking all of his messaging and social media apps, but he didn't have any notifications from Taehyung at all. He went back to the KakaoTalk app to see if he at least read it. The word, 'Seen' was very noticable below his letter of confession to Taehyung. "Well he definitely read it" he said aloud.

He sighed heavily in disappointment and partial relief. At least he didn't receive a bad response, he noted. He slowly got up from his bed and made his way to the kitchen, leaving his phone in his room.

As he made himself some tea, he started to talk to himself. "Why didn't Tae respond? Did he not want to hurt my feelings? Maybe he's ignoring me, and hates me now. Oh my god I hope he doesn't hate-" He stops talking when he hears something coming from his room.

A sound.

A notification sound.

Jimin darts to his room and completely abandons his tea cup which falls to the ground and breaks in the midst of Jimin's rushed state. "God dammit." he whispers. He's going to get scolded by his mother later for breaking her cup, but at that moment he just primarily cared about getting to his phone.

He launched himself on his bed and immediately looked at the device. A simple message lit up the screen;

 

"Can I come over?"

 

It was from Taehyung. "That's it?" he asked. But nevertheless, Jimin bit his lower lip and instantly typed a reply to his best friend;

 

"Um, sure."

 

His phone chimed again with another message;

 

"Be there in 10"

 

Taehyung only lived a block away, so he knew that meant that he'd be there in less than 5.

Now aware that he was still in his cherry red running shorts and a gray tank top, he widened his eyes in horror then ran to his closet to change. He quickly slipped on some black skinny jeans and the shirt Taehyung had bought him; a simple baby blue crew neck sweater. As he was profusely finger-combing his hair, the doorbell rang. He almost tripped on the way to the door but saved himself just in time.

Jimin took a deep breath, and opened the door to find Taehyung dressed in white skinny jeans, T-shirt and cardigan, with his brown hair meticulously styled up and away from his face. "Why did he have to come in all white?" Jimin thought. The boy on his doorstep looked so beautiful, innocent, and pure, and now he's probably going to tell him that they can't be friends any longer.

Holding back tears, Jimin opens the door slightly more, and motions for Taehyung to come inside. As if on auto pilot, the couple of friends make their way to Jimin's bedroom. After shutting the door, he takes a seat next to Taehyung on his bed.

"Hey, Tae." Jimin's tries to say, but his voice cracks and Taehyung's expression softens. Almost deflating when he hears Jimin's sad voice.

"Jimin,-"

"No Taehyung" Jimin interjects,"Let me go first."

"I'm so sorry for sending you that letter, Tae. I was so out of line, and I was just really emotional that day." He explains.

"I actually do like you, more than I'd like to admit, actually and I just don't know what to do." Jimin sniffs.

"Jimin let me-" Taehyung tries again, but his words are completely disregarded as Jimin continues;

"I know that you probably hate me, and that's okay. I just wanted you to know how I felt, and that you were the best friend I've ever had. I'll always cherish our memories and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, Tae."

"Jimin hold on-" Taehyung says, but is once again ignored by the now crying boy.

"I just don't want to lose-"

"JIMINIE LET ME SPEAK LONG ENOUGH TO TELL YOU THAT I LIKE YOU TOO, YOU PABO!"

Taehyung's loud voice booms through the slient house. Jimin flinched at the sudden outburst, and fell off the bed in surprise. Taehyung bursts into laughter and Jimin's cheeks immediately flush in embarrassment at the situation. He quickly gets up off of the floor and punches a gasping-for-air Taehyung on the shoulder.

When Taehyung finally composes himself, he turns toward Jimin with a smile on his face. Leaning in, he places a quick peck on Jimin's cheek. That made Jimin's face redden even more, and he quickly hid his face with his shoulder. Jimin's heart and thoughts were both racing. Did Tae really like him? Is this seriously happening?! His thoughts were interrupted when Taehyung took his hand.

"Jimin" he started, " I can't believe that you'd think that I would hate you. How many times do I tell you I love you everyday? I'm pretty sure it's at least 5 times a day. "

Jimin looks up, and the boy in white sports a shy smile and continues.

"No matter what, you will always be my best friend. But now, we have a chance to be more than that, and trust me, I want that more than anything in this world. I've liked you for a really long time, but I have been too scared to admit it. I was actually thinking about confessing to you on your birthday, but I didn't want you to be upset  if we ended up falling out with one another."

Now taking both of Jimin's hands, he proposes something something that Jimin never thought he'd ever hear in his life.

"Jimin, will you be my best friend slash boyfriend slash pabo?"

Jimin ends up giggling at the weird but adorable confession/proposal, but accepts it anyway. "Yes, Tae. I will absolutely be your boyfriend slash best friend but definitely not pabo."

Taehyung's adorable rectangular smile seems to widen even more and leans in to steal a kiss from Jimin's lips.

They're just a few centimeters apart when they suddenly hear a door shut. Then,

 

"PARK JIMIIIN!!!!"

 

 

"OH , THE TEACUP." Jimin yells and Taehyung is once more consumed with laughter and its him this time who falls off the bed.

 

 

The End. <3

 

 

 

 

 

*Authors Note*: Ahh it's finished! This is the first fic that I've tried really hard on and actually finished. So thank you all for reading and subscribing! Even though I don't have many subscribers and I'm not the best writer, seeing that people actually read my story gives me a huge confidence boost. So thank you! I love you all.

Also, I want to thank my best friend for inspiring me to write this. This fic is based a lot off of our friendship and I'm super glad she didn't get mad at me for writing this, haha. Thank you for all of your support, Sun! I'm really glad that you're my best friend. I love you, Sun! Jiminie pabo. <3