Revealed

One-sided Marriage

“Unnie must be really excited for tomorrow,” Hyo Ri chuckled as she emerged from the kitchen with a plate of sandwich, “she’s been on a strict diet since she was told she’d be on WGM.”

 

“She needs to look good for her husband, else he might abandon her at the altar and run away,” Lee Jung joked. She was lying on the sofa and looking through Instagram to see the other idols’ updated posts.

 

“You and your wild drama plots,” Tae Hee rolled her eyes and went back to flipping through a recipe book.

 

Tomorrow is the day for me.

 

Although it’s only going to be a fake matrimony with scripted speeches and cameramen following us around, I bet it’s still going to be a whole lot of fun trying out what it’s like being in a marriage.

 

The producers simply refuse to reveal who my soon-to-be husband is despite me adamantly begging them to feed me some hints. The only 'valuable' information that I got was: “he’s an oppa”

 

“Who do you think it is?” Yeon Woo asked excitedly. “Perhaps… BIG BANG?”

 

The girls let out high-pitched squeals.

 

“Omo… What if it’s TOP sunbaenim?” Lee Jung clasped her hands together and let out a dramatic sigh. 

 

"Do you think it'll be an idol? Maybe a comedian like Jo Se-Ho ssi?" 

 

Lee Jung gasped at Tae Hee's prediction. "Are you kidding me?" she glared at Tae Hee. 

 

"What?" Tae Hee replied with a defensive tone, "that could happen okay? Taeyeon sunbaenim got Jung Hyung Don-ssi when she was on that show." 

 

“Guys, should I wear a dress tomorrow? Or go for a more casual look?” I inquired without realising that I had diverted the conversation topic. 

 

“You can wear a dress and still look casual you know,” Hyo Ri, the fashionista of our group, commented.

 

Soon afterwards, we ransacked my cupboard to find a suitable dress. Hyo Ri personally picked out a pastel blue long-sleeved summer dress which rendered a unanimous agreement from the girls who thought it would look good on me.  

 

The girls also agreed to go shopping with me today to get a gift for my unknown groom. We all had varied ideas on what gift would be appropriate but alas, we finally settled on a snapback, with black being the safest colour choice.

 

We were about to head out when Lee Jung screamed, making us all jump at the sudden scream and turn to look at her.

 

She looked at me and pointed to her phone, “It’s been leaked!! Your groom’s identity has been leaked!”

 

“WHAT?” I screamed and dashed towards her.

 

The other girls followed and joined us at our sides, all curious to know who it is.

 

I snatched the phone unintentionally from Lee Jung's hand and read what’s on the screen; a tweet read: Insiders’ report – B.Y. of Polka Heart and Jungkook of BTS to join WGM Season 5.

 

My heart started pounding in my chest. Jungkook? Jeon Jungkook of Bangtan?

 

The image of him passing by us a few days ago after our Music Bank recording flashed in my mind.

 

“Oh My God, Boyoung ah I think you just hit the jackpot!! He’s not called the Golden Maknae for no reason,” Tae Hee grabbed me by my shoulders and shook me.

 

I could feel my cheeks grow hot instantly and lifted my hands to cup them in a bid to cool them down.

 

“You’re blushing! Do you like him?” Yeon Woo grinned.

 

“Well… That was unexpected but I guess he’s… alright?” I tried to maintain my composure but to no avail – my reddened cheeks and ears already gave me away. Is it even possible to remain calm in a situation like this? Especially when your soon-to-be groom is someone who is closest to your ideal type. 

 

"I can't believe you're paired with a Bangtan member! That's like a dream come true," Lee Jung squealed in excitement. 

 

"This is insane," Hyo Ri nodded in agreement. 

 

"You better invite us when you get a house and ask your husband to do the same with s," Tae Hee threatened me playfully. 

 

So many thoughts were already running through my mind – Has he already seen the news? Will he like it that he’s paired with me? How will being ‘married’ to him be like? Since we’re the same age, will we be comfortable around each other? What if – “Yah, Kim Bo Young, what are you thinking about?” Lee Jung broke my train of thoughts and brought me back to reality.

 

“Nothing,” I lied.

 

“I wonder if he knows about this already,” Hyo Ri wondered out loud.

 

I wonder too.

 

“Oh well, this is great! Now that we know who your groom is, it’ll be easier to pick out his snapback by surfing through the Bangtan fansites,” Tae Hee rubbed her palms in anticipation. “Shall we go then?” The other members nodded their heads in agreement.

 

Yeon Woo swung her arm around my shoulders and gave me a knowing wink.

 

I simply cannot wait for tomorrow to arrive.