The Other Party

One-sided Marriage

 

 

“Guys, I have news!” BTS’ manager announced while driving on the highway. He peered into the rear view mirror. All the boys were awake and staring back at him curiously, all except Jungkook.

 

Jungkook was seated at the last row of the van with Yoongi and his head was tilted back with his mouth wide open - a typical sight of Jungkook after a long day of back-to-back schedules.

 

“Yah, Yoongi wake up Kookie up. This concerns him the most,” the Manager sighed.

 

Yoongi leaned towards Jungkook and yanked his right earpiece out, startling Jungkook as his eyelids fluttered open. Looking bleary, he turned to Yoongi with his eyebrows knitted.

 

“What, hyung?”

 

Yoongi had a lazy expression on his face and shrugged. He pointed to the front, at the manager. “Hyung has something to say.”

 

“Thank you, Yoongie. Okay guys, listen up! So… I received a phone call this morning from the We Got Married producers and…” the Manager grinned, satisfied with the suspension that he created, “one of you has been casted for the next season!”

 

“Oh My God,” Hobi faked an American accent. “I guess my dream finally came true after waiting for so long!” He jumped in his seat and clapped in excitement.

 

“I’m the eldest here, shouldn’t I be the first to marry?” Jin folded his arms with confidence that he was the one that was picked.

 

“Calm down guys. Sorry to disappoint but… it’s neither of you,” the Manager turned his head when the traffic light ahead turned red to look at the two of them, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

 

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other and laughed at their Hyungs’ plight.

 

Hobi’s smile faded. “Not me? Then who is it?”

 

“It’s actually… our Maknae!”

 

All six boys turned around to look at Jungkook who still look terribly confused at the current situation.

 

“Wait…wha-what? Me? On We Got Married? Hyung, is this some kind of a joke?” Jungkook stammered in disbelief. He had never watched a single episode of WGM, nor did he have a full understanding of how that show actually worked and yet now he was actually going to be casted in it?

 

“It must be! I mean how could it not be? Jungkook is only 19 this year! Hyung, can’t we do a switch? I bet Kookie doesn’t even know what the show is about,” Hobi protested with clear disappointment in his tone. 

 

“Yah, it’s up to Jungkook to decide if he wants to go on the show or not,” Suga rolled his eyes at Hobi’s desperation.

 

“Kookie ah, use this as a chance to experience what dating is like,” Jimin tried to persuade his dongsaeng. “Who knows… You might be paired with IU-sunbaenim, your favourite!” He winked at Jungkook.

 

“Isn’t IU-ssi already…” Taehyung tried to find the right word, “…unavailable?”

 

Jimin smacked Taehyung on the arm softly.

 

“Aigo, did you have to be so mean to our Maknae to remind him about it? His heart hasn’t recovered from the news,” Jimin chided Taehyung.

 

“Bienneh Jungkook, it slipped my mind,” Taehyung displayed an apologetic look, which made Jungkook let out a silent laughter as he thought his hyung looked like a kid whenever he smiled.

 

“But seriously,” the Manager interjected the conversation to prevent the topic from spiraling out of control. “Jungkookie, do you accept the show’s invitation?”

 

During the journey ride back home, the hyungs managed to persuade Jungkook to take up the offer, even though he still had a tiny strand of uneasiness lingering with him.

 

It was confirmed soon after that the filming for the first episode would be on Sunday, just five days away. As part of the show’s tradition, the bride’s identity would be kept hidden until their first meet up.

 

-----------------

Author's Note: Apologise for this poorly written chapter T o T  it's 12.39 a.m. so my brain isn't functioning that well hahaha oops ((also it's really short omo)). Anyway, I plan for the successive chapters to be more fun so stay tuned :D