Unexpected Casting

One-sided Marriage

 

"Good job everyone! We managed to survive a long day," Yeon Woo exclaimed as she patted me on the back. We just finished our Music Bank pre-recorded performance and all of us felt lethargic after dancing for the entire day - dance practice in morning and afternoon, followed by the recording we just did. 

Yeon Woo is our adorable leader and my best friend in the group. I am close with the other members, but there's just this attachment to Yeon Woo ever since our trainee days since we joined the company at around the same time.

Being a rookie group, Polka Heart is naturally close-knit as it's only been a few months since we made our debut but we've been through so much together already. Perhaps it could be the never-ending schedules that pull us together. We appear on TV advertisements, newspapers, magazines and even on milk cartons as the company is constantly publicising about us and this has led to back-to-back photoshoots and interviews. 

We walked down the hallway, headed for our dressing room. 

BTS (Bangtan Sonyeondan) sunbaenims just appeared from round the corner and were walking towards us from the other end of the hallway. We don't know them personally but we've been taught to always bow whenever we see our seniors in the entertainment industry whenever we attend our schedules so we did what we were told and stood to one side, bowing at each and every member. 

My fellow members and I would always discuss about boy groups back at the dorm and we would confess to each other who we thought were cute. We all came to a conclusion a few days ago that BTS is a boy group that we all want to know better. We would watch their live performances whenever we had the time to do so and spazz over them secretly whenever we were standing close to them during show recordings. 

As BTS passed by us, a fusion of colongne wafted into my nostrils. The tall lean figures loomed over us, casting shadows on us.

The sight of them reminded me of the scene in Boys Over Flowers where F4 walked into the school lobby with the rest of the student body standing at the sides, paving a way for the golden boys to pass through. 

They returned our bows politely and casted friendly smiles at us, all except Suga, who happened to be Yeon Woo's bias, who merely nodded at us. 

I held my breath as Jung Kook, whom I found out was the same age as me a few weeks ago, glanced over at me and made eye-contact. He smiled bashfully and followed his hyungs closely. 

It all happened in a flash and within seconds, all their backs were facing us as they moved down the hallway. 

I turned to the members, who were looking flustered. We were all thinking the same thing: did we really just exchange greetings with THE Bangtan Boys?

Tae Hee's hands flew to her face as she cupped her cheeks tightly, making the rest of us laugh. 

Tae Hee has always been bad at containing her feelings and it was so obvious at that moment that she was growing red from having seen BTS up close. 

I threw my arm around her shoulders and chuckled at her cuteness. 

Tae Hee is two years older than me, but she still acts as though she's 10. Although I was the maknae of the group, the members would always joke that I should be the unnie instead and that Tae Hee should act her age as she always appears more immature than me in many aspects. However, being immature is Tae Hee's charm and she's in charge of lifting the mood and spirit of the group whenever we feel low. 

 

We continued walking to our dressing room and when we opened the door, we found a lady seated on the sofa. She was looking at her iPad when we entered and looked up as she saw us, smiling. She put away her iPad and stood up to walk over to us. 

"Annyeong hasaeyo, we are Polka Heart," Yeon Woo was the first to initiate the greeting, prompting the rest of us to follow suit. 

"Hello, let me introduce myself. I am Im Jeong-Ah, the producer of 'We Got Married' from MBC," she smiled and reached out her hand to give each of us a hand shake. 


"Ah yes, we enjoy watching that show!" Lee Jung squealed. 

Lee Jung, who is also the main vocalist of our group, is in charge of updating the rest of us on dramas and variety shows. She spends most of her time outside our busy schedules going on drama marathons. It's a habit that she adopted ever since she was in middle school and it was also the reason why she chose to become an idol as she was fascinated by the entertainment industry while watching television programmes. She's been taking drama classes lately and hopes that the company would be able to provide her with acting opportunities to let her embark on her acting career. 

"I'm glad you do," Ms Im smiled warmly at Lee Jung and continued, "in fact, I have a good piece of news to announce. The new 'We Got Married' season is starting soon, and after careful deliberation and selection, we would like to cast... Kim Bo Young-ssi," her gaze drifted to me. 

"Me? In We Got Married?" I pointed to myself as I gaped at her. 

"Yes! The producers came together and we decided that it would be good to cast rookie groups in our new season, of which Polka Heart was one of the groups that was highly recommended by our WGM viewers. I've discussed with your manager and company and they have already given me the green light. Now all that's left is for you to accept the casting offer. So, what say you?"

---