FIN

petals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red smooth petals. Not gruesome sticky mess but red round petals with pointed tips.

‘You got to be kidding me,’ Jihoon muttered as he picked up a petal between his fingers, rolling it. Smooth under his touch, the petals felt real. Gathering the red mess scattered on the white colour tiles of the washroom, Jihoon quickly discarded the petals into the toilet, flushing the evidence away.

It was upon research did Jihoon discover why he threw up petals - the Hanahaki disease. A disease of the human system that cough up flowers due to severe one-sided love. Its infection route is through contact with vomited flowers. In order to fully recover the disease, the one’s love must be fulfilled.

This disease was no mere myth, not when Jihoon was heaving up petals when he was supposed to be emptying the contents in his stomach.

One sided love, huh? Jihoon slid his phone back onto the desk as a sigh left the nineteen year old’s lips, he already knew the cause of this disease - Seungcheol.

Seungcheol had always held a special spot in his heart, but he never knew when his feelings for the older grew. But he did remember the tightness in his chest when he saw Seungcheol talking to others, the nervousness when Seungcheol looked at him and how he craved for more affection from the older.

The article mentioned about low death rates from this disease since there was a surgery to get the flower growing within him to be removed. The success rate was literally 99.9%. If things got bad, he would go for that option but for now, he wanted to keep those feelings to himself.

‘Get a grip, Jihoon,’ He shook his head before pulling the duvets over himself.

Everything would be fine. There was nothing to worry.

---

That was what Jihoon had kept telling him as he watched the petals that spilled from his lips turned from a loose petals to a handful and slowly to a small pile. The number of times he had to run for the toliet increased over the weeks and each visit grew longer than before.

He wasn’t getting better.

It was just getting worse but the nineteen year old choose to turn a blind eye to his worsening condition.

Rubbing his raw throat, Jihoon took a quick drink from his bottle, grateful for the cooling effect the liquid had on his dry throat.

Practice had just ended and the other member had filed out of the practice room to head back to the dorm, leaving Jihoon who had urged the others to go on without him with the excuse of practising the dance once more.

Lying sprawled out on cool wooden floorboards, Jihoon closed his eyes to enjoy the moment of peace he had to himself before he heard the door swing open.

Not bothering to acknowledge the other who had entered the room, Jihoon heard footsteps approaching him and the next thing a heavy weight, sticky and sweaty pressed on top of him.

The surprise attack caught Jihoon unaware, knocking his breath out of his lungs as his eyes snapped open.

“Hyung- you’re heavy! Get off,” Jihoon groaned as he attempted to push the black haired male off.

“Come on, just a little while won’t hurt,” Seungcheol mumbled as made himself comfortable on top of the smaller male.

As uncomfortable as he may get, Jihoon couldn’t deny how he secretly like the intimacy right now. A small smile tugging his lips, Jihoon shifted to get himself comfortable under the older male only to the older’s hand dig into his chest causing a wave of nausea to hit him a dizzy spin.

‘No- Not here. Not in front of Seungcheol,’ Jihoon felt the panic rise within him as he struggled to get away from the older male.

“H-Hyung, let go,” Jihoon manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter