Chapter 5

A Perfect Reality? Or is This All a Dream?

Laurette’s POV

  Now, I’m all alone just walking home. My so call boyfriend ditched me and bts… I don’t even know. Maybe I should call them and apologize.

 

(Calling V)

 

Me: Ummm that's weird the call isn't going through. Maybe their busy? I'll see them tmrw.

 

  I’m now in my bed dressed in my sweats and tee-shirt. I'm still wondering what Marcus had to go to? Is he really cheating behind me? I guess I'll find out soon.



***Next Day***


(At bts’ dorm)

 

Suga: Yah! Someone is ringing the doorbell, go get it.

V: Ne, hyung.

(V opened the door)

 

Me: Hey V!

V: Laurette! Come in!

Me: Haha, ok. (Walks inside)

 

Me: Annyeonghaseyo!

Bts: Laurette, hey.

Suga: What's up?

Me: Just wanted to see u guys since it's your day off.

Rap Mon: How did you know where we lived?

Me: I asked your manager. Sorry if I'm disturbing you guys.

Jimin: No no, it's fine.

Jin: I'm actually glad you're here!

Me: Oh really, why?

Jin: V was too loud and jumpy.

Me: But he's so cute and adorable!

Suga: That's true but sometimes he is too out of hand. I wanted to sleep.

Me: You can go asleep now if you want.

Suga: Nahhh, I prefer to hang out with you.

Me: Haha, I'm honored.

Jhope: So it there a reason why you're here?

Me: Kinda.

Jin: Did you eat yet?

Me: Yes, I already ate.

V: You can watch us eat then!

Suga: Why would she want to do that?

Jungkook: Laurette, come here and sit with us.

Me: Okay.



A/N POV


  While bts was eating lunch and talking about some of their personal life, Laurette decided to go on her phone until someone called her.

 

Laurette: Hello?

Person: Yah! (Laurette pulled her phone away from her ear due to the yelling) Where are you?! I called you million times! (Bts stopped talking and stared at Laurette)

Laurette: Where I'm?! I should be asking you that! You just left me in the middle of the street last night! But now you call me, huh! Marcus stop with the act, I know you don't like me! You're just using me for your stupid family company!

Marcus: You really don't mean it. Of course, I care about you and I do love you.

Laurette: Love me?! Love me my ! You think just saying I love you to me with makeup everything! Well guess what, it doesn't!

Marcus: Come on, babe. I will make it up for you.

Laurette: Fine, but this will be your last chance. Just saying I'm only doing this for my parents not for you!

Marcus: You're lying, I know you like me.

Laurette: Whatever, bye and I'll send you the details later. (Hangs up the phone call)

 

Jungkook: Was that the guy from yesterday?

Jimin: Yeah, your boyfriend?

Laurette: Yeah, it is but it's more like an arranged boyfriend.

Jin: Can you please explain all of this?

Laurette: Explain what?

Jhope: That phone call and yesterday.

Laurette: Ohhh about that… that was one of the things I wanted to talk about. Let's wait until you finish eating unless you want me to tell you now.

Rap Mon: Let's do it now.

Laurette: Ok well…

 

(Laurette drank some of her water and then started talking)


Laurette: Yesterday, after my so-called boyfriend dragged me outside, he ditched me right after a phone call saying that it was an important matter he had to attend. But the only thing was I heard a girl voice yelling at him asking where he was. Now today, he said he called me a “million” times when he only called once, which was earlier. So now I'm gonna meet him later. That's all.

Jhope: That is definitely not all of it.

Jin: What's wrong? Your face shows something is the matter.

Laurette: Really?

Jimin: Yeah, you kinda look depressed and a little mad.

Laurette: Haha, wow you guys know me so well.

Suga: You didn't answer the question.

Jungkook: Is he the problem?

Suga: Who else would it be?!

Rap Mon: Wait, earlier you said so called boyfriend. What does that mean?

V: It means she is hesitant about their relationship, right?

Laurette: Sure, I guess you could say that.

Jungkook: Daebak! V hyung got smart!

V: I've been smart since I was born! (Laughs)

Suga: Back to your explanation, Laurette.

 

Laurette: On my way to Seoul, one of my best friend called me saying my boyfriend was with another girl being all lovely dovey. Oh but before that, there is a reason why I'm dating him.

Rap Mon: And that is…?

Laurette: My family owns one of the biggest companies. So it's kinda like a kdrama.

V: Is it that dramatic?

Laurette: Well you don't know yet.

Jhope: So in conclusion?

 

Laurette: My parents told me I had to marry him for company purposes but I'm only 18 and that's too young to get marry. So our parents agreed for us to just date. Before my parents inform me about this matter, I already had a crush on him. He was my first love but I didn't really know him well and he was considered popular in my school.

Jimin: Laurette, are you worried that he might be cheating on you?

Laurette: Yes and I'm pretty sure he's just saying he likes me for his parent’s sake. I'm slowly disliking him to be honest.

Jin: Do you like him?

Laurette: Well I can't say I moved on yet.

Jungkook: What are you going to do now?

Laurette: I gave him a chance to prove himself so I'm planning on meeting him later.

Jin: You're really kind hearted and matured.

Laurette: Well I did go through a lot since I was little.

V: Let's go play!

Laurette: What do you want to do?

Maknaes: Games!


 

  After some hours of playing some games, it was now 6pm and Laurette has to go on her little date with Marcus. Bts and Laurette bid their goodbyes and she left their dorm.

 

Jhope: I feel like something bad is going to happen.

Jin: Me too.

V: Should we follow her?

Rap Mon: But it's kinda her personal business and you don't wanna be that person who's nosy.

Jimin: True but she's like our younger sister.

V: What if that boy hurts her?!

Jungkook: Let's just follow her to make sure everything is okay.

Rap Mon: That's like stalking her.

Suga: Not really bro, this is different. Now let's go before we lose her.

 

  Bts decided to follow Laurette and kept a close distance between her. Laurette felt like someone was following her but she didn't mind. She walked to the place where she planned to meet Marcus but...



Laurette’s POV


 

  (Crying) My heart dropped at the sight of them kissing. It was stabbing me in the heart, ripping it, tearing it apart, and then getting it stepped on. I was shaking and furious. I couldn't believe what I just saw, right in front of my own eyes! Did that really just happen or I'm hallucinating?! I was denying what just happened. I didn't understand why this happened. What the heck is he doing? Did he really just cheat on me? We just dated and now this happened! Wow, right when he comes to Korea he found another girlfriend! Am I really not good enough for you?! What did I do to make you cheat on me? Why did I do to deserve this! After all we been through! What I'm going to tell my parents? We're supposed to get engaged because of that stupid cooperation thing!

 

  Too many thoughts were going through my mind that I thought my head was about to explode. I hated myself for bringing this on to me. I hated that he was doing this to me! Why can't I have a normal life without discomfort, or just a part of my life that doesn’t involved the past!

 

  I was standing there with tears rolling down, looking at that “beautiful” couple while they don't even notice me. What, I'm that invisible to you?! I was so mad and was in so much pain that I felt like I was going to collapse. My legs were shaking to the point that I didn't even think I can stand any longer. I hated this feeling. I hated this painful feeling! But what can I do when it already happened. I can't turn back time and forget about this. I wish but its life and nothing is perfect in this world. I said I was going to move on from him since I was already expecting this but it still hurts, I liked him. It doesn't hurt as much as my past though, I will never forget that!

  

  At that time, a group of boys was at the scene and noticed a girl standing in tears. They couldn't help but to stop and wondered what they should do. Should they go ask her what's wrong and is she okay or just ignored her. However, I just couldn't stand it anymore and I went straight up to my boyfriend.

 

Me: How could you! I thought we're dating?! I guess I was wrong, wasn't I? Wow look how pretty she is, isn't she just too pretty?

Boyfriend: What do you want?!

Me: What do I want?! To ask you, why are you cheating behind my back once you stepped in another country?! Do you think I wouldn't notice anything? I'm not that dumb as you are!

His girlfriend: Sweetie, who is this girl? Do you know her?! What does she want from us?!

Boyfriend: It's no one. Don't worry about it!

His girlfriend: Don't worry about it?! You’re freaking cheating on me too! We're over! (Let's go of his arm and walked away.)

Boyfriend: But darling wait! Don't leave!

Me: Ha, too bad she already did like how I'm going to do to you.

Boyfriend: Go away! You have nothing to do with this! It's none of your business! Stop butting into my life! I don't need you, why would I need a girl like you! Get out of my face and I don't want to see you ever again!

Me: Do you really mean it? You don't need me? I'm the one who doesn't need you! You're such a b*ch and an idiot. You know I don't usually swear so that indicates that I truly mean it. I hate you so much for ruining my life but then it's already ruined, you just made it worse! Let me just say that we are officially over!

Boyfriend: Ha, see if I care! Like I wanted to be your boyfriend! I deserve so much better than you!

Me: Oh, did you forget about the agreement or let’s say contract between our parents, little boy? Ha, looks like you're in trouble now. Bye, Marcus. I hope I'll never see you again and get over this quickly.

Boyfriend: Wait what! Contract? NO, she didn't just... Wait! Laurette, I'm sorry. I really am, I didn't mean it. I wasn't thinking, please come back. Forgive me.


   I started to walked away from my boyfriend that turned into my ex's. Tears just kept flowing down my face and everything was so blurry. I couldn't see anything. I heard my ex-boyfriend calling out to me but I didn't stop. I kept walking even faster. My feet stepped down onto the road and I walked. The moment I did...beep...beep. I turned around to see lights flashing in front of my eyes, bright lights that were coming towards me and were not stopping. I froze. I didn't know what's going to happen next but it's going to happen. My ex-boyfriend just stood there watching the whole scene and didn't say a single word. As the car was getting nearer, an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his. Zoom... These arms, this warmth felt different. It wasn't Marcus's but someone else's. Who was it? Who saved me and why? But before I knew it, everything was black.