Chapter 2

A Perfect Reality? Or is This All a Dream?

Laurette's POV

   After a long time I arrived in Seoul, South Korea and we decided to go where we’re staying which was in an apartment. The school rented the three of us two apartments. In my apartment there was a totally of four rooms not including the kitchen. I started to organize and clean around till it was dark out. My manager came over and gave me tomorrow’s schedule but he said it could change because the principal said he had something to tell me. I was too tired and I didn’t want to remember what Juliana said. I wanted to forget but I couldn’t. I felt like I should call him but I didn’t want to. It just gives me a headache whenever I think about it.

 

 

  The next morning, Mr. Evans called me and told me something about an audition at this place. I didn’t really understand what he was talking about because he kept talking fast like it was his last time or something. All I got out of it was the time, date, and that I could wear anything I wanted. I started to get freshen up and wore something comfortable. I wore ripped jeans, a white v-neck shirt, black ankle combat boots, and some accessories. I began to head out to go to the place for the audition and I wasn’t nervous since I had no idea what it was for.  I walked into the building named Big Hit Entertainment and strolled over to the lady at the counter.

 

Worker: Hi, may I help you?

Me: Yes, my name is Lauretta and I’m here for an audition.

Worker: Ummm there are no auditions currently. I think you got the wrong place, darling.

Me: That’s strange my principal told me for sure to come here.

Worker: You might’ve heard wrong.

Me: I don’t think I did. I’m pretty sure I got the right place.

Worker: Okay, let me explain this again. There are no auditions right now. So whatever you’re trying to do won’t work missy.

Me: Excuse me; I think you should go get your information right.

Worker: What! Get out! Immediately! Security!

Me: People these days are so rude, gosh.

 

 

  I was about the open the door to leave when someone called my name. At first I thought it was that ignorant lady again but it was a male voice so it couldn’t be. I turned around and saw a guy holding some papers. He gave them to that lady.

 

Person: Miss, are you perhaps Laurette Kim?

Me: Yes, I’m.

Person: Follow me.

Worker: Wait that’s Laurette Kim?! Oh my god, I forgot the PD told me to let her in.

 

  They walked into an office with big sofas and tables with a flat screen tv. There were many bts posters all around and some other artists too.

 

Person: Have a sit. Do you want something to drink?

Me: No, thank you.

Person: Ok then. Well I’m the CEO of Big Hit Entertainment. You can call me Bang PD-nim.

Me: (Bowing) Annyeonghaseyo, nice to meet you.

Bang PD-nim: I heard great things about you and I would like to give you an offer. I want to cast you this instant.

Me: Oh my god, really?! For real?

Bang PD-nim: Yes, here’s the contract and your schedule. I know this is unusual but you’re too talented.

Me: (Bowing) Gomabseubnida!

Bang PD-nim: Come with me now.

Me: Ne.

 

 

  Bang PD-nim gave me a tour around the building and introduces me to some people. We got to a dance studio and opened the door leading to a group of people standing there discussing about something. We walked in and he greeted them which they greeted him back.

 

Green Hair Dude: Who’s that, I never seen her before.

Tall Dude: I don’t know but looks like we’ll find out now.

Bang PD-nim: Guys, I want to introduce someone to you.

Me: (Bowing) Annyeonghaseyo, Laurette ibnida.

Bts: 1...2...3… Bangtan Sonyeondan (Bowing).

Bang PD-nim: This is Laurette Kim and she’s a very talented person much like you guys. I have an assignment for you, Laurette. But first, your choreographer is also gonna be Mr. Son and I would like for you to learn one of bts’s songs then perform it for me. Well have a nice day and Mr. Son did you get my message earlier?

Mr. Son: Yes, PD-nim.

Laurette: Wait, I already have an assignment right when I got signed?

Bang PD-nim: Yes, I wish you luck. (Walks out of the room)

Mr. Son: Well nice to meet (shaking hands with Laurette). You can call me Mr. Son and we’ll be learning I Need U today.

Me: Ne.

 

Jimin: She’s gonna learn I Need U right now?

Jhope: I guess so.

Rap Mon: She looks like a good dancer though.

Jungkook: She’s looks nice.

Jin: Yeah, she’s also pretty. I wonder how old she is.

Suga: Really, hyung.

Jin: What? We should get to know her better since she’s part of our family now.

V: She looks pretty young and I don’t think she’s Korean.

Suga: Obviously.

 

 

A/N POV

  

  Bts took a break while Laurette learned the dance to I Need U but to the teacher’s surprise she already knew half of it.  Laurette is a fast learner and once she is interested into something she doesn't stop. Bts was shocked that she was a very good dancer and wanted to know more about her.

 

Laurette: (Stretching) I’m tired.

Mr. Son: That’s it for today. I think we have done enough. Let’s finish this tomorrow, okay.

Me: Ne, Mr.Son.

Mr. Son: Goodnight, Miss Laurette.

Laurette: (Bowing) Goodnight.

 

 

  Mr. Son had left the studio and Laurette decided to pack up and walk around Seoul for a little adventure. She wanted to explore around before getting back to her dorm. On her way out Bts also came out of another studio room. She bid them goodnight and started her journey.

 

Jin: Wait!

(Laurette turned around and waited for them to come towards her)

Laurette: Yes?

Jin: Can we walk with you?

Laurette: Ummm

Jin: Take that back. Can we talk for a little like in a cafe of something?

Laurette: Sure. But wouldn’t your fans see you.

Rap Mon: Nahh at this time? Only the workers will see us, hopefully.

Laurette: Okay let’s go.

 

 

  All of them walked to the nearest cafe and order some drinks and then sat down.

 

Laurette: So why did you wanted to talk?

Jimin: We wanted to get to know you better, that’s all.

Laurette: Ohhh, well you can ask me anything you want.

Rap Mon: Let’s start simple. How old are you

Laurette: I’m 16 years old.

Suga: What made you come to Korea?

Laurette: For a competition and to follow my dreams.

V: Competition?

Laurette: Yes, I’m a runner and I compete for my school.

Jhope: Oh so Bang PD-nim just happened to cast you on the streets?

Laurette: Haha ani, somehow my school principal and Bang PD-nim talked together. I actually don’t know, I got inform to go to Big Hit this morning.

Rap Mon: You must be really talented for him to let you in that easily.

Jungkook: Do you have any siblings?

Laurette: Yes, but something happened to him. All I know is that he disappeared when I was 12 and he is currently 21 right now.

Jungkook: Oh I’m sorry.

Laurette: It’s okay I don’t remember anything from that day and I’m not sure why but I keep hearing voices that goes back to that day.

Jin: Do you know where he is?

Laurette: No, sadly.

Jin: We’ll help you.

Laurette: Really but I don’t want to bother you.

Jimin: It’s alright. We’re family now anyways.

V: And of course we would help our little sis.

Laurette: Haha, we just met today and you’re already calling me your sister?

V: Why do you not want me to call you that? Should I call you something else?

Laurette: No, it’s fine. What should I call you guys?

V: Oppa!

Laurette: Haha ok, (In a sweet kidish voice) V oppa.

V: No call me Taehyung.

Laurette: Ne, Taehyung oppa. (V jumping up and down)

Jimin: Me too!

Laurette: Jimin oppa.

Jimin: Aegyo you’re so cute!

 

 Laurette’s phone started to ring so she excused herself and walked far away from them in order for them to not hear.

 

Laurette: Hello?

Marcus: Hey Laurette.

Laurette: Yes?

Marcus: I’m in Korea, where are you?

Laurette: You’re kidding right?

Marcus: Really, no I’m not kidding. You didn’t answer my question. Where are you?

Laurette: I’m at a cafe, why?

Marcus: Is something the matter? You’re acting weird. I thought you would be happier.

Laurette: (In her mind) I wish. I’m happy but the thought of you cheating on me is still in my mind even though I don’t know if it’s true. I trust my friends and they wouldn’t lie to me.

Laurette: Oh nothing is wrong. I’m just tired, I guess.

Marcus: Ok? You wanna meet?

Laurette: Now? It’s kinda late and I’m exhausted, maybe tomorrow after practice?

Marcus: You don’t want to see your boyfriend that came to Korea just for you?!

Laurette: I’m sorry but I’m really tired. I need rest in order to do good.

Marcus: Fine, well gotta go I have to check in and stuff. Bye.

Laurette: Bye?

Laurette: (In her mind) Really dude really? Ugh is he really dating someone else or what? I really need to know my curiousness is growing. Should I follow him? I don’t know whatever my head hurts.

Jin: (Walking over to Laurette) Are you okay? You don’t look so good? Is something the matter?

Laurette: No, everything is fine just fine.

Jin: You sure?

Laurette: Yup.
 

 

  Bts and Laurette decided it was time to go home cause it was really late. Two weeks later, Laurette had a competition and she had to practice a lot for it. She got to the place where she was going to race but she just stood there. She was scared and didn’t know what was going to happen. Even though she only remembered some things from that day it still had an impacted her. Her coach turned around and stared at her before talking.

 

Coach: Why are you standing there, aren’t you gonna go in.

Laurette: Ummm yeah. (Still standing there)

People walking by: What’s wrong with her? Isn’t that girl’s name Laurette?

Another person: Yup that’s her for sure; maybe she’s scared because we are better than her. Haha (Walked away)

Coach: Come on, let’s go! We need to get ready! (Drags Laurette with him into the stadium)

Laurette: Coach, do I have to?

Coach: Do you have to?! Yes! We’re already here so get on it! You better get in the right mindset. What is wrong with you today?

Laurette: Nothing.

 

 

  The competition had begun and Laurette sees Bts in the stadium waving at her and cheering her on. She smiles back and went to get prepared for her heat. While running her one mile race she started to think about negative thoughts and was afraid if something was going to happen. Bts saw her face and wonder what was wrong and if she wasn’t feeling well so they cheered for her even louder. They didn’t care if people look at them weirdly but who would when they’re idols.

 

Jimin: What’s wrong with Laurette? Her face is not competitive like it’s more like a scared expression. Did something happen that we didn’t know possibly?

Rap Mon: I don’t know but let’s cheer her on.

Bts: Go Laurette! You can do it! Yayyyy! Go Laurette!  

Laurette: I heard someone calling my name, who’s that? Ohhh, it’s Bts I forgot they were here. Then, I better do well for them since they came all the way here. Let’s go Laurette. Fighting! (Starts speeding up)

 

 

  Four hours had passed and the competition had eventually ended. Laurette went to the locker room to shower and change while Bts wait for her. She packed her stuff and walked out of the locker room but she notices that it was pitch dark and no one was around. She became nervous and petrified. She suddenly heard footsteps creeping closer to her. She was about to turn around when someone covered and grabbed her. She couldn’t do anything; she was too scared to move or try to run away. Thoughts started to pop up in her head. “I’m going to die? Who’s this?! What does he want from me?”

 

Person: Be quiet if you want to live. (Laurette stood there obediently) Good girl.

 

Memories were flowing across Laurette’s mind and she couldn’t think or talk. She was scared to death.

 

Person: Laurette…

Laurette: (In her mind) He knows my name! Great, what luck I have tonight.

 

____________

 

 

A/N Note:

 Did you guys see BTS comeback? It was so cool and beautiful! I loved it! They deserve so much. The dance was on point so was their whole album! It had such a huge effect on me and they’re so talented.