Chapter 3

Wildest Dreams

"Okay class, I'm holding three papers right now. Three speeches. And what I'll do is I'll give you a number and you'll have to perform in front of me one by one" groans and protests were heard from their classroom as their teacher announced. She hated speaking in front, she hated speaking knowing a lot of people are looking at her. And mostly, she hates it how she knows he's looking at him, or hearing her speak. What if she stutters? What if she says something wrong? But good thing, after all the protests and agreements, they ended up having to stay outside the classroom whilst someone is performing inside. 

She walked a  little farther from the door of their classroom, leaning her back against the wall. She'd never realize he was beside her that time. 

During their class, Misun, one of her friends who's having her 18th birthday party was practicing her cotillion for her party. So she didn't have any time to play with them. Instead she sat down onto the corner and read her book. 

"Hey, guys. Junhoe said he can dance. Like the traditional ones" All of them including Ahyoon turned her head towards the man who just spoke, and yes it was Bobby. 

"Yo, why did you tell them? I was just gonna show you!" Junhoe mumbled in annoyance as he pulled Bobby into one of the empty rooms near them. 

Not longer than a few seconds, the door abruptly opened, and there he was standing, awkwardness evident in his eyes. "Guys, you have to see Junhoe's traditional dance!" he whined like a kid. Ahyoon wanted to chuckle that time knowing how awkward must've been getting pulled inside an empty room just so someone could show you their traditional dance talent. 

Ahyoon shook her head and walked inside the room, sitting onto one of the chairs. Junhoe's eyes squinting at Bobby, as if digging a hole behind his head. 

Since there were lots of students who flooded the room, it didn't give Junhoe the chance to show his dancing skills to him. Which made Ahyoon giggle. 

Whilst waiting for her turn, she nervously fidgeted her fingers against the hem of her shirt as one by one the students finished their speech. 

"What number are you?" she asked Junhoe- her voice cracking and shaking. 

"7th" he answered "you?" "9th". 

She turned her head towards Bobby who was busy having a conversation with one of her friends again. "What about you? What number are you?" she felt sick. Like bees stinging the insides of her stomach. 

"Oh 13th, you?" "9th" But not too long, Jungah entered the classroom they were staying at. She heard her talk about "facebook" account with him and other stuffs. 

Ahyoon and Bobby, they're not that distant of friends. In fact they're close. It was hard for her to conceal her feelings for him though. 

"Hey, exhange numbers with me" she hastily told him referring to the numberings of performance. 

"Wait which number?" Bobby asked, confused with his eyebrows furrowing together. " I messed up" Ahyoon thought to herself. 

"A-ah, like the numbers for the speech" she quickly reasoned out, curling out a loop sided grin afterwards. Their classmates who's in the same classroom at them started chanting, teasing them. 

"Oh, no no no" Bobby answered as he chuckled to himself. 

Not long, It was Junhoe's turn and he had to leave the room. Bobby and Ahyoon had some pretty random conversation and that ended up to someone adding someone. 

"hey" Ahyoon kicked the chair in front of him to grab his attention. 
"you should add me on facebook" ahyoon said. 
"oh sure, uhh you can visit her profile" he pointed to Jungah "and find my name in there" 

Feeling rather annoyed, Ahyoon countered back with "no you add me." He watched him grab a paper from his notebook, and she approached him to write her facebook name on it. His smell wafting through the air filling up her nose. God. He smells so good. 

When she sat back down after she wrote her name, Bobby quickly turned her head to her direction, still talking to Jungah. But without warning she cut Jungah off. 

"Hey, what's your number?" Bobby asked her. Their classmates and her friends started cheering on them again in a teasing way. 

"Which number?" Ahyoon, played along, stifling out a chuckle afterwards. 

"The class number, like the speech" he asked almost inaudible because of the cheering. 

"13th" she answered.

It was I guess, the happiest day of Ahyoon eversince the school started. 

 

 

page-divider-105.gif

"Bobby Kim sent you a friend request on Facebook" 

Her stomach felt sick again. Lots of buzzing bees, lots of butterflies. In that moment she solemnly swear that her heart stopped beating. She tried pinching herself, trying to make sure she wasn't dreaming. She wasn't expecting him to really add her the moment he got home. Like really. She remembered Jungah ranting to her about him taking a few weeks before actually accepting her request on Facebook. Must she feel special now, then?

She shakily pressed the screen of her phone, confirming his friend request. She didn't know what just happened or what urged her but she messaged him first. For the first time she initialed a conversation with him. Not like those other type of conversation wherein she would just barge in on a conversation of him and her group of friends. 

Ahyoon Song: omg, lol. You really did add me! 
Bobby Kim: haha, I grabbed my pen from my pocket and the paper fell off and that's when I remembered. 

Though she wasn't really satisfied with his answer, or how he remembered to add her, her was happy. Her grin stretched onto her face as she rolled around her bed. She was talking to him... Like only the two of them. Their conversation went on and on until they stopped. Wherein Bobby had to seen zone her because she gave the lamest reply. 

"Like who would reply to a ing laughing emoji?!" Ahyoon ranted out on one of girl friends again. "I'm so stupid. I was the one who killed the conversation" she whined out putting down the glass of cold water she got for herself. Her cheeks were still hot and the red pinkish tone still evident to it.

"Ugh, are you going tomorrow to uni?" she asked her. It was a pure bliss moment of regret. Though, she's still thankful she got to talk to him.