Chapter 01

Wildest Dreams

First day... For some it may be the most interesting day during the whole school year span or something, but for Ahyoon, it was the worst. Why?, you might ask. 

Well she didn't want to meet her ex boyfriend. She didn't want to meet him again, not because she hates him but because she feels tightly held and gripped onto when he's around. She hates it when her breath hitches whenever she sees him- not because she still loves him but because her conscience is eating her. She tried her best to return his feelings back but her best wasn't enough. She eventually gave up anyway. 

Back in her previous middle school, one of her teachers would always say "It's impossible to teach a heart whom to love. You may dictate whatever you want to it, but it's like a stubborn child. It would do whatever it wants to do, and it would crave whoever it wants." 

True enough, it is.

But, she wasn't those type of girls that's into relationships. And perhaps, maybe- the only reason she got into a relationship with him was because she pitied him. She knows he's a good guy and she knows how much heart break he has gotten, and it's a stupid thing to do but she told herself that she'll be his black rose. Someone that would save him from the sorrow of loneliness. But in the end, she ended up hurting him as well. 

And maybe, just maybe it's the reason why she's not looking into this year's opportunities. 

 

page-divider-105.gif                                                                         

T'was 6 in the morning and she was already wide awake. Thrilled, nervous, scared and unmotivated. That's what she was feeling. Her stomach is churning, heart pounding. She wasn't ready for any of it. Facing him, facing everyone knowing that all of her friends must've hated her for breaking his heart. 

After her morning routine, she grabbed onto her bag and slithered her hand inside looking for a particular object. Her bus card of course. Her parents would normally leave for work before she could even wake up so normally, she's the only one left every morning and of course her budgies that she's been taking care of for about a couple of months now. 

The ride to her university didn't take that long since she lives quite near to it. And again, she wasn't ready for it. 

She wasn't ready for the constant morning calls from her mother, nor she wasn't ready to meet those new freshmen students that she would probably hate. And especially, she's not ready to meet their school's director who's one heck of a big dollar sign. 

And there she was, standing in front of the familiar gate of the university. There were a lot of new people she have never seen before. Probably, or mostly freshmen. She knew some of them, but not to the point where she would approach and make conversations with them. And not to mention, they all look like those type of friends Regina George would only befriend. 

"ugh." she mumbled, going straight onto her first assigned room. The room wasn't fully packed yet, in fact she's early for their first subject. She didn't want to come late, sit down while everyone stares at her like she's just committed a crime. 

One by one, her classmates piled in, most of them are old students and some are new. Her friends went to sit beside her, of course and just like last year, though they're in one room, the row of guys are separated to the girls. Meaning, they can't really stay near each other. 

It was a normal drill, for first days.. Teachers introducing themselves and the subjects they're going to handle, and some would even ask for everyone to introduce themselves in class which Ahyoon hated the most. She doesn't like talking in front of many people. 

             

page-divider-105.gif

 
 
It was during their last subject introduction where their new teacher asked them to describe themselves with an adjective, starting with the letter their name starts with. 
"A, " she mumbled to herself. She didn't want to say she was awesome, or amazing or anything flattering. Abate, maybe. 
 
Looking desperate, she to her friends politely asking them for some suggestions, but to her dismay, they could only give the same ideas she had to herself. 
 
five students left....
 
then four.
 
then three,
 
"approachable!" she heard someone say. And she could never explain how grateful she is that time. If no one ever mentioned that word she'll be forced to say those words that she didn't really like. 
 
Then two more students left before her... 
 
Then.... one, 
 
She heard the chair leg scratching against the floor that made her wince a bit. 
 
"Hello, the name's Bobby Kim. And the letter B stands out for brave" And she solemnly swear, that was the only time she realized there's a foreign student sitting beside her. Not really beside but, on the same row with her with a large span of area between them to separate the guys from the girls. She noticed how tall she was and how clean and neat he looks even though he's just wearing a shirt and jeans. She also noticed how his white shoes remained perfectly clean,
 
'cause whenever she buys one, she'd always turn them into dirt bags. 
 
"Next" the teacher muttered, snapping Ahyoon from her train of thoughts. She quickly stood up, cutting her gaze from him to the latter in front. 
 
"The name's Ahyoon.. But you can call me Yoon for short. And Ah stands for.. Approachable" 
 
She sat back down, smiling onto her friend as she stood up for her turn. There was a light and low mumbling behind her which is two of her friends sitting behind her. She turned her head onto the side a bit to glance at them, only to glance at the guy because he was at her side. And that's when she realized they were having a conversation. She felt envious-- she wanted to approach people as easy as well. 
 
She heard them as his name again and how old is he. He countered them back by asking "how old do i look". 
 
Bobby... he wasn't those type of college jackass who would make fun of you and play with you. In fact he's very very approachable. 
 
"19" one of her friends, Jungah said and he nodded-- she noticed how he nodded himself in a gleeful way, his eyes turning into crescents as he smiled, his cheek forming dimples that resembled a cat's whisker. He looked adorable in fact.
 
She's hooked. By his simple movements, simple gestures, his little actions. And within that moment, she knew deep inside her, there's something— something blossoming in her. Just like how her eyes illuminates when she sees things that she likes. 
 
It was their time to go home and the usual as before, she had to walk with her friends to the bus stop which would take for about 10 minutes or so. But before completely leaving the school grounds, she noticed someone on the corner of her eye, a guy. She remembered that shirt he wore.. and that perfectly white shoes. She saw him enter a car through the driver's seat, and holy guacamole...
 
"ing mustang, man" one of her guy friends growled in jealousy as he heaved out a sigh. 
 
What kind of a man must he be? Is he a gangster? A geek? A game nerd? She asked herself. They weren't planning to go home yet and in fact all of them girls decided to stop by at that nearby mall to grab some lunch for them. 
 
And it happened, through out the time they were eating she couldn't stop talking about him-- how he's good with white shoes. How he looks neat and cool even though he's just wearing a shirt and nothing special. How he would constantly pick up his phone from his table to check on his notifications. He looked good in whatever he was doing. All her friends now she's interested-- well of course who wouldn't. They all admitted that he looks good-- well he really does and JungAh even admitted to her that she already likes him even though it's just the first day... And she knows Jungah could get any guy with a snap of her finger. And she's scared. 
 
What if.... 
What if.. She manages to get him? What about her? ...