Chapter 8: You Take Care of Me Well

My Overprotective Brother TOP
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Playing: Just a Feeling - Taeyang (Solar, 2010)

 

 

 

For days, my brother would shuttle himself from the office to my hospital room to his schedules. I couldn’t stay mad at him for too long, so I forgave him on my second day at the hospital.

 

However, he returned to nagging me about my meals, which made me want to hate him again.

 

“Is that a green shake?”

 

Seunghyun oppa looked up from the tray that the nurse rolled in. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as he brought it closer. There was a clear glass of green blob on the tray along with my lunch.

 

“I asked around what I could get for you. Someone suggested some healthy shakes, so I made one,” he said off-handedly.

 

I stared in horror at the green blob as he arranged my food on the propped table.

 

“Try it. It’s not as bad as it looks,” he gestured helpfully. I glared at my older brother.

 

“What’s in it?”

 

“You don’t have to know; just drink it.”

 

“There’s no way I’m drinking that without knowing what’s in it!”

 

“You think I’ll make you drink something so nasty?” he asked incredulously. “You’re sick, so you need a lot of nutrients.”

 

“What are the ‘nutrients’ in there?”

 

“Aiiish, really. Just drink the darn thing!” He runs a hand through his hair in frustration.

 

I pushed my lip outward, trying to plead for mercy. But he pushes the tray towards me, effectively trapping me in my bed.

 

“Oppaaaa,” I tried again, complete with aegyo.

 

He frowns in disgust. “Gross. Get on with it. I’m not leaving until you finish your food.”

 

I curl my lip in a snarl and snatched the stupid glass from my tray. I press two fingers against my nose and took a small, careful sip.

 

“Ew, what is that strange kick?” I slam the glass down as something spicy hits the back of my throat.

 

“Must be the garlic I blended in.”

 

“You drink it, Oppa.” I stuck my chin out. “I am not getting any more of that.”

 

His eyes widened. “What? I don’t need that; you’re the one who’s sick. This is good for your antibodies.”

 

“I don’t want any antibodies! This is the worst drink I ever had! You drink it; I bet you didn’t even try it before you brought it here.”

 

“I did; it isn’t that bad!”

 

“Well you finish it, then,” I huffed. “It’s a torture device.”

 

“Hey, I put in a lot of work in that,” he sputtered. “Besides, I can’t drink from your glass; I can’t catch what you have because I have promotions going on,” he preened.

 

“Well, then you shouldn’t get sick. Those antibodies should come in handy,” I nodded innocently.

 

He took a long look at my act, sighed, and snatched the glass back. Then he strode to the garbage bin and dumped the contents in it.

 

I cackled in delight.

 

 

“Why do you have so many makeup things in here?”

 

I paled as I turned to my brother who was dumping some of my used clothes into a duffel bag to take back home. He was holding a tube of concealer and blush stick in his hand.

 

“I...uh, I don’t want to look dead,” I fibbed. Truth is, Bom eonni brought the things here when I asked her to, along with some nicer clothes.

 

You’d never know when Youngbae oppa were to visit.

 

“Gimme that,” I swiped the makeup tubes away from him and kept it carefully on my side.

 

“You’re stupid. Nobody’s going to come and get any interviews off you.”

 

“They might,” I muttered in annoyance.

 

“No boy is coming here too,” he added darkly.

 

“Of course you made sure of that,” I rolled my eyes. He continued his packing, and once he’s done, he stood beside my bed.

 

“Don’t get any weird ideas. The doctor says you’ll be out tomorrow; I’ll try and see if I can fetch you then. I’ll have new clothes back here later in the evening.” He knocked on my head lightly with a knuckle.

 

“I told everyone to stop visiting as you’re well enough to argue with me anyway. Besides, you’re leaving tomorrow.”

Please log in to read the full chapter