Chapter 2: Beginning

He's Beautiful

Author's Note: Hi everyone! I'm happy to be writing for you again. Here's Chapter 2 :) I was browsing through some stories here and I realized that Chapter 1 was extremely short compared to others. I feel bad. I realized it just yesterday so I hurriedly write Chapter 2 for everyone. I promise to do better. Enjoy.


Chayeon reached out her hand in what seems to be a hand shake Seungho took it hesitantly. But instead of hand shake, Chayeon pulled her up.

“Thanks.” Seungho said, he wasn’t that ready to stand up because he was still feeling queasy. So when Chayeon let go of his hand, he started to find and hold onto something for support.

Chayeon held him again and said, “Ow…sorry! Do you want to sit down again?”

“No…” Seungho answered, “I’m okay now. I just need some support for a while.”

Chayeon nodded. They were quite for a while until Seungho speak up.

“What are you doing here helping me?” Seungho asked, not in his friendliest tone.

“Hey, is that how you thank someone for staying by your side?” Chayeon countered.

“Who said I need someone anyway?” Seungho is beginning to get into Chayeon’s nerves but Chayeon was pretty sure this is just Seungho’s defense mechanism. She wants to break Seungho’s walls.

“I’m pretty sure you do. Stop acting like you’re so strong and you don’t need anyone.”

Seungho was about to answer back, but he doesn’t have cold retort left. Chayeon took his silence to speak again, “I know this is new to you, but I really want to help you.”

Something dawned unto Seungho so hurriedly asked, “Do you know I’m gay? Because if you’re doing this for some kind of high school romance then I’m telling you to go find someone else because I’m not into girls.”

Chayeon can’t help but laugh, “Of course I know you’re gay! The whole school knows it for a fact. Don’t worry I’m not looking for some petty high school romances. And you know what, I just realize that even though you’re a guy, I wouldn’t really like you. You’re not my style.”

Now that hurt Seungho’s feelings. Even though he doesn’t really care about what girls think about him, it’s just weird and painful to actually hear that he’s not charismatic to girls. Boys don’t like him (fat chance…), and now, even girls aren’t attracted to him. Such tragic life.

Chayeon noticed Seungho’s silence and thought that maybe she offended him.

“Hey hey. It’s just me! I have really high standards. Other girls may like you, you know…maybe you’re their style. I mean, you’re handsome, and very manly at first look.” Chayeon mumbled, and then added, “And why does that even matter? You’re gay, right?”

“I don’t know what’s more offending, when you said I’m not your style or that I’m handsome. But to answer your question, yes, I’m gay. But it’s just sad thinking that no gender would ever take interest in me.”

Silence again. Seungho broke the silence again.

“Anyways, what do you mean you want to help me?” Seungho asked.

“I’ll just stay by your side, listen to you…be your friend.” Chayeon answered.

The last part struck Seungho. No one ever wanted to be his friend. At least until Chayeon did.

“Hey, if you’re one those girls or part of those gangs who would like to play a trick on me, just play with my emotions like their nothing because I’m gay, then just leave. I don’t want to hurt a girl physically.”

“Woah. You’re scary.” Chayeon was really scared she had to take a step back and let go of Seungho, “I have two things to say. One, I’m not one those girls. I have no interest in stooping down onto their levels and gang up with them. Besides, do I look like someone from those petty gangs? And two, believe it or not, I understand you.”

“Wait…you’re a lesbian?” Seungho asked, extremely shocked.

Chayeon laughed. She laughed so hard, her stomach ached. It was the first time in years since she laughed this way. The reason is weird, but still, it made her happy.

“Of course not.” Chayeon began, she was still laughing, but then turned serious after a while, “I just understand you. We’re this two misfit and misunderstood. I was misunderstood for 18 long years and being misunderstood by everyone, I know how it feels like. You have this want to actually find someone that might understand, and might listen. It’s the first time I actually found someone that might actually understand me.”

Chayeon looked at Seungho for any kind of reaction, and Seungho looked at him with kind eyes. It seems that he’s reassuring her that he understands.

Chayeon went from extremely happy, to solemn, then back to happy again and said, “Besides, do you think I will put this pretty face in waste?”

Now that…is an extremely sour topic for Seungho.

“Oooooopppppssss…” Chayeon said. Before Seungho could answer, she hurriedly said without breathing, “Sorry! Sorry if I always say stupid things. I lost count on how many times I said stupid things and offended you. I know you hate those people who say you’re wasting your good looks and height and all that, and I’m sorry for being insensitive and bringing such things up. I’m sorry!!!!”

“This makes me wonder…do you really want to help me or you just need my help with your Korean? I’m pretty sure you know that I’m from America too, and so do you. That’s probably the reason why you’re sticking with me, right? Because I’m pretty much the only one who could understand you here.”

“Are you really that kind of person? You take someone else’s good motive for you over something mean? If that’s the case then—“

Chayeon didn’t get the chance to finish what she’s saying because they suddenly heard two people approaching them…and they’re talking about Seungho.

“I’m pretty sure this is where we left him.” said one guy with a familiar voice.

This is the moment Seungho has been dreading for. Even though Chayeon feels angry for how Seungho has been treating her after opening up to him so much about what she feels, she still hurried by Seungho’s side and held him.

Turns out it was Woojin and Professor Choi.

"Oh, so someone accompanied you, Seungho? Are you becoming a real man now? Having a girl by your side?" teased Woojin. 

Chayeon was waiting for Professor Choi to reprimand Woojin or something but not a single word of scolding came out, instead he was deeply eyeing Seungho as if he did something extremely wrong. Well, he did, but he does not deserve this. Chayeon was about to speak up, but Seungho pulled her closer in what seems to be an attempt to stop her.

"Chayeon-ssi, I didn't know you're working with Mr. Seungho here. Are you that desperate to find friends?" asked Professor Choi.

"Working with Seungho? Why? What the hell is he working on? Is he conspiring against the school?" Chayeon thought.

"Please leave her out of this. I don't know her. She's just someone who happened to pass by and decided to help me." Seungho defended.

Seungho wants protect Chayeon from all these mess. Whatever Chayeon's intention is, she can't be involve in Seungho's problems, but Chayeon can't seem to understand. She thinks that Seungho really doesn't want to be with her, or have any connection with her.

"If that's the case then Chayeon-ssi, please go back to your class and we'll take Mr. Seungho from here." Professor Choi suggested.

"Are you going to bring him to the clinic?" Chayeon asked.

"What are you? A 초딩? Going to the clinic to have our boo-boos cleaned? We're bringing him to the Principals' Office." Woojin started mocking Chayeon too. Chayeon felt Seungho's body tensed up.

"He's beaten up!" Chayeon countered.

"Just in case you missed our fight, he punched me too. Hard. I wasn't even fazed! Stop exaggerating things." Woojin fought back.

Seungho's grip in Chayeon's arms tigten in what seems to a reassurence that he's going to be okay, and that she should leave before anything worse happens. She took the signal, and slowly walk off. 


"Seungho, how many times do we have to talk about this? I know we cannot do anything with your uality, but I wish you are not very eager to flaunt it at everybody. We have a reputation to uphold, I hope you know that." Principal Heo said. She was trying her best to stay calm.

"I told you, I wasn't doing anything. I was just walking to class like I normally do. And they walk up to me, like they normally do, and insulted me." Seungho countered.

"They said you tried to kiss Mr. Woojin but he didn't agree so instead, you punched him in the face."

Seungho let out a small sarcastic laugh.

"Is that what the whole school is saying?"

Principal Heo nodded with a stern look on her face.

"And you do believe them?" Seungho asked.

"Well...yeah...but--"

Seungho cut her off and said, "Then why bother asking me then? You already prejudiced me, what more do I need to tell you? I don't feel like explaining to people who are narrow-minded."

"I am asking you right now to ask you why you did it." Principal Heo still remained calm.

"For the last time, I did not do it. But you won't believe me, right? Then why don't you just ask your favorite students, they always have the answers you need."

Seungho stood up to leave but Professor Heo still has a lot to say. 

"Is this how your parents raised you, Mr. Seungho?" 

Seungho stopped dead in his tracks. His family is clearly out of the picture.

"Don't bring my parents into this issue. Stop involving them." Seungho said in gritted teeth.

"Well, I believe that they should be concern with your actions." 

Principal Heo is obviously winning. 

"You've been giving me a miserable life here at school, I beg you to just let me live a normal life at our home."

"Then live a normal life!" Principal Heo lost her chill, "Man up!"

"You don't get to have a say on what I am and I would be. I am gay, and you can't do anything about it."

Before Principal Heo can answer, there was a loud thud at the door. Chayeon has been listening through the door and was extremely disappointed with how Seungho has been handling things so she accidentally banged her head at the door.

Principal Heo decided to check on who's been lurking around her office doors. Chayeon started panicking, but when Principal Heo opened the door she acted as if she was casually walking and then looked at Principal Heo with a confused and innocent look on her face. She then bowed and said, "안녕하십니까."

"Oh, Chayeon-ssi. Have you..." Principal Heo began, Chayeon was shaking terribly -- if there is one person you shouldn't cross it's Principal Heo. "Have you seen anyone going around here around my office?"

"W-what? I mean, I just passed by Principal Heo so I'm not really sure."

"I see." 

Chayeon breathe out a sigh of relief. She then found Seungho peeking at the back of Principal Heo. She made a face to him and Principal Heo noticed.

"Chayeon-ssi, you know Mr. Seungho here?" asked Principal Heo.

"Uhhmmm..." Chayeon mumbled.

"No," Seungho answered instead, "She was just the one who passed by me and helped me get up."

Chayeon smiled, but it instantly fade away when she heard what Principal Heo said.

"Well, Chayeon-ssi, you seem to be missing a lot of your classes because you're so fond of just passing by."

"아니요...I was actually heading on to the library Pricipal Heo. I'm learning my Korean well." Chayeon reasoned.

"Well that's good. I'm happy you're adapting well." Principal Heo said, she then faced Seungho and said, "Mr. Seungho, let's talk again soon. I want you to think about things. For the mean time, why don't you accompany Chayeon to the library."

Seungho didn't say anything he just bowed and walked off. When Seungho closed the door, Chayeon hurriedly pulled him away from Principal Heo's office.

"Why did you answer her that way? I was expecting you’ll know better. I mean, you know how cruel Principal Heo can get, you shouldn’t have gotten on her bad side, and she was trying so hard to stay calm!” Chayeon scolded.

“I thought you’d understand Chayeon-ah. I was trying to remain calm too, but she dragged my family into this. She shouldn’t have done that. That was too much.” Seungho said, he was very sullen that Chayeon instantly wanted to take her words back. It must have been really hard for him.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have approached you or talked to you. I bring nothing but pain to you. I’m sorry. This is the last time I’m going to say a stupid thing to you. You won’t ever see me again, I won’t bother you anymore.” Chayeon was about to leave but Seungho held her arm and said, “가자…”

“Huh? 어디?” Chayeon asked, completely clueless about how Seungho is acting.

“I guess I could put up with your ignorance for a while, so let’s go to the library. You really need to learn your Korean manners, it’s not proper to eavesdrop and suddenly bang your head on the door.” Seungho said, then gave Chayeon as small smile. 


Author's Note: I tried my best, I hope to see you in Chapter 3! :) I’m not really hungry for upvotes or comments, but I hope you leave some love. It won’t cost you much, right? Help the little fangirl me. Hehe! I’m leaving a cute photo of Johhny here to persuade you leave some love. Hehe! This is my lockscreen atm. I'll work even harder, thank you! :)