Chapter 1: The Misfit & the Misunderstood

He's Beautiful

“Yah oppa! You know you can’t do that, right?” Sungmi, Seungho’s sister, cried. “The whole school would be outraged!”

His sister shout took Seungho out of his limbo. He put down the fake eyelash he was trying onto himself and faced her sister who was already crossing her arms in front of her. Seungho matched it with a dark and angry stare.

“How many times do I have to tell you to call me unnie?!” Seungho fired back. "And you don't have to remind me, 바보... I've been in that school for only God knows how long and I know much they hate my kind. Oh well, the feeling is mutual. I hate them too." He finished.

"Then why are trying that fake eyelash on?" Sungmi asked, "You're almost late and you have the time for that?! And besides, what if Dad caught you? You saw how violent he was when you admitted you're gay. You don't want that to happen again, right?"

The painful memory flashes back in Seungho's mind. His dad beating him up, his mom trying to stop his dad only to get hurt in the process and Sungmi crying in the corner. He shakes the thought off his mind. 

"Of course...it's just that...I can only be truly me when I'm at home...well...a little. When I'm at school, even though the whole school knows it, I still feel suffocated. The words they throw at me still hurts...at least here, only Dad side-eyes me."

Sungmi couldn't help but feel sorry for his brother. 

"언니..." this word seems to bring back the light in Seungho's face, "hurry up, and go to school. If they ever hurt your feelings again, I will hurt them back. And if they hurt you again and it becomes unbearable, you have a family that will accept you with open arms."

Sungmi is three years younger than Seungho but she always know what to say to make his brother feel better. Seungho sighed. 

"Okay." That was the only word he could muster, but he gave Sungmi a wide smile to let her know that he's grateful to her. 


Seungho could hear the hoots and sneers everywhere. But it doesn't affect him anymore just as long as these people stay out of his way and respect his personal space.

Seungho keeps a straigt face as he makes his way to his first class. He almost made it, without any disruptions...until he felt a hand on his shoulders, followed by a laugh. A mean one. He decided not to face the guy anymore and stay away from problems, so he said, "Get your hands off me." It was followed by ohhhs from boys at his back. He then tries to shrug the hand off, but the grip just tightens. 

"What happened to our noona? Is he a man now? Eh?" asked by one of the boys at the back. Seungho takes a deep breath and breathes in all the courage he could and faces them.

It was the usual gang who makes fun of him. This day is no ordinary day full of insults and jeers, but for no apparent reason, today, he wants to fight back. 

"What's your problem you good for nothing guys? What do you get from creating all this fuss just to make me feel worse?" He asked.

"Simple. It's fun making fun of you." answered the guy who held Seungho's shoulder.

"Can't you just mind your own business?" he fights back.

People are crowding in around them already. Seungho does not want to make any scene. He wants to leave already and just leave all these people from their opinions about him, but he can't, not after he already fought back. 

"Our noona is fighting back!" cried the guy from the back.

"I guess he's strong! Why don't you kiss Woojin? I bet that's his weakness. He'll definitely leave you alone." cried by another guy from the back. 

Seungho guessed that Woojin is the name of this ugly guy in front of him. Woojin smirks and makes his way closer to Seungho. Seungho wants to take a step back but he realize that he needs to face this problem head on.

"Please. I don't have time for this jokes. And I'm not going to kiss your ugly leader, or whoever he is. Go kiss his for me." There were series of gasps from all around him, the words that came out of his mouth shocked Seungho too. But as weird as it may seem, it made him feel better. He is actually fighting back. "I may be gay, but I'm not stupid. So save yourselves from the delusion. I'm not playing your stupid games."

"Hey, who said we're playing a game? What if I tell you I'm serious? A kiss from you wouldn't sound so bad." Another series of gasps from all the people around them. Seungho gave him a wide-eye too, and then his expression softened. He knows that they're definitely playing around, and he doesn't want to show them any kind of expression because that is the sign that he already lost this battle, but he couldn't help it. It was the first time a guy actually asked for his kiss, and even though it wasn't real, it sounded so real, he just can't stop thinking about it, the thought of someone actually liking him. He felt a sudden surge of emotions. He was too absorbed in his train of thoughts that he didn't hear the people laughing around him, he also did not notice Woojin making a way to his lips. He was caught off guard by Woojin's sudden move that his impulse took the best of him. He punched Woojin's face away from his. 

It wasn't his best but it was strong enough to have Woojin back away from him. He suddenly heard cries and shouts of panic. He probably didn't hear it earlier because of his rage, but now that he's actually hearing it, he suddenly felt panicky too. He didn't notice the thing that is making its way on his face again, this time it's Woojin's fist. 

The impact made Seungho extremely weak. He hit the wall and did not make any effort to stand up. He's too weak to fight back, not that he has any strength to begin with. The last thing Seungho wants is to have all Woojin's followers beating him up to death.

"Hah, you just lost your only chance to get kissed by a guy. And this is how you pay me back?" Woojin gave a last kick and went on his way. Thankfully for Seungho, his followers did not do the same and just followed their leader. People started dispersing too. They made their way to their classes without even checking up on Seungho's state. No one did. No teacher came to his aid too. And that's extremely fine with him, he knows he will just be brought to the Principal's Office and be reprimanded for the crime that he did not commit. Well, not really. But then he knows that there is very little time left until a professor knows about his heroic act, and brings him to his least favorite place in the world.

"Get up." said a girl from above him. Seungho looked up and the girl spoke again, "I'm Chayeon."


Author's Note: If you've reached this note, then thank you! Thank you so much for taking the time in reading my fic. This is the first chapter in my first fic, I hope I didn't bore you! I did my very best, believe me. My first plan for this chapter was Chayeon and Seungho would get to talk and know each other a lot, but I didn't expect that the fight scene (sorry if you find it very poorly written, I'm not very good at writing fight scenes haha) would come out very long. I don't want to make Chapter 1 unnecessarily long because it might bore you. Anyway, I did gave this exciting vibe with my ending, right? I hope I did! I hope to see you in Chapter 2! I'll be working on it very well. Write a comment if you feel like it. Thanks!