Chapter 2

Secrets

Short chapter this time...

Enjoy nevertheless, :)


Ding-dong…

“Pizza’s here!”

Jeonghan placed five boxes of pizza in the centre of the living room. All fifteen boys were in S.Coups’ apartment, which he shared with Jeonghan and Joshua. S.Coups himself, was busy emptying out his wallet in order to pay the delivery boy.

“75,000 won… Okay… I’m 5,000 won short. Is there any way I can have a discount?”

“I’ll take off the 5,000, if you want,” offered the delivery boy. “Just don’t tell my boss,”

S.Coups sighed in relief. “Thank you… err… what’s your name?”

“Lee Jae-Joon, but I go by Maru,” the boy grinned.

Back inside, fourteen hungry boys began to shout for S.Coups to hurry up so they could start eating. S.Coups glanced behind him and hurriedly paid Maru, repeating his thanks once more.

“Okay! Calm down and eat to your stomach’s content,” he yelled, walking into the living room.

“You sure took your time, Hyung,” said Mingyu.

“Getting friendly with the beggar delivery boy?” mocked Wonwoo. “He’s a waste of time,”

Joshua glared at him. “That wasn’t very nice, Wonwoo. You shouldn’t insult people just because they’re not as well off as you,” he lectured.

“Yes, Wonwoo-Hyung. Listen to eomma,” teased Seungkwan.

Joshua rolled his eyes, ignoring them and tending to Samuel instead.

Vernon popped open his can of coke, and the thing began to fizz and spray all over him. Opposite to him, Wonwoo and Mingyu began to laugh, revealing themselves as the culprits of the soda crime. “Ha, ha, very funny,” said Vernon sarcastically. The room had erupted in laughter. Even Joshua was laughing.

Jeonghan tossed a towel at him and began mopping up the mess with a toilet paper roll. “Joshua should be able to lend you a shirt,” he assured the younger. Vernon mumbled a thanks and followed Joshua into the tiny bedroom the three of them slept in.

“Well that was fun,” sighed D.K, trying to recover from his fit of laughter. S.Coups threw his arms around Dino and Woozi who were sitting next to him. “There is never a dull, unhappy moment when all of us are together,”

Mingming hummed in agreement, laying his head on Jun’s shoulder. Vernon returned in one of Joshua’s old shirts which fit him almost perfectly. “Let’s play something,” he said, settling back into the circle.

“Arm wrestling?” suggested Wonwoo.

Dino shook his head. “No, let’s do the word game,”

“Who wants to do Dino’s idea?” asked Hoshi and shot his hand up. Nine hands followed his. “Then the word game it is,”

The game went on for a long time. At some point, Samuel fell asleep and was tucked into Jeonghan’s bed and Jun dozed off not much later, using Mingming’s lap as a pillow. Mingming ran his fingers through Jun’s long hair before joining him in dreamland. Soon, most of the younger ones were all dead weight, leaving the oldest to clean up.

Jeonghan and Joshua brought out the pillows everyone had brought and made makeshift beds on the floor, covering the ones who were already asleep with blankets.

“Mingyu-ah, aren’t you going to sleep?” asked Joshua. “You still have to go to school tomorrow,”

“Who said he was actually going to go?” replied Wonwoo.

“He’s still a student, he has to go even if you don’t,” said S.Coups.

Blushing red, Mingyu turned off his ipad and crawled under the blanket. Wonwoo, who didn’t have a reply either, quietly joined him.

“Good night,” murmured Joshua somewhat irritated and flicked off the light.

 

Hoshi shot up as a clang echoed through the room. He rubbed his eyes and tried to focus on the person who was walking around the living room banging a saucepan with a spoon. Beside him, Wonwoo groaned, pulling the blanket over his head. “Hyung, please shut up,” he moaned.

“We as humans should have the right to sleep as long as we want! I demand five more minutes of sleep!” shouted Seungkwan.

“Get up, Seungkwan,” Joshua put down the saucepan and stripped the blanket off the seventeen year old.

It didn’t need more than a little more saucepan banging to wake the rest of the teenagers up. Woozi was a lot more stubborn, needing Hoshi to spray him with water, Seokmin to play music straight into his ear and Mingyu to pull him off the sofa before he decided to get up.

After a few squabbles over the bathroom (nothing serious) and the loss of socks, pants and shirts (that were eventually found again), eight out of fifteen boys were ready for school, three ready for university, and the final four, free to do whatever they want.

“Until you do your University exams and join us,” said S.Coups.

“Which is within a few days…” sighed Woozi.

“Alright, I’ve got your lunches packed…” Joshua threw a lunch-bag at each of them excluding Jun, Hoshi, Woozi and Wonwoo. “You lazies get nothing,”

Hoshi pouted. “I’m joking,” Joshua quickly covered handing them a small sandwich bag.

“Who’s walking, who’s going to school in my truck?” asked S.Coups.

“Mingming and I are going to walk. I’m dropping him off then going home,” said Jun.

“Are you sure about that?” asked Jeonghan.

Mingming nodded.

“Right then, bye~” said Seokmin, waving cutely as the two left first. “They’re both so close,” he added. “It’s cute,”

With S.Coups driving, Joshua, Samuel, Dino and Seungkwan inside the truck and the other five in the back, they began the journey to the school building.

“Bye!” shouted Wonwoo as the truck disappeared. He turned to Woozi and Hoshi. “I’m going home. What are you two going to do?” he asked.

“I’m going home as well,” said Woozi.

“I’m gonna go hang around the court,” said Hoshi.

“By yourself?”

Hoshi shrugged. “Yeah,”

“Alright. Have fun Soonyoung-ie,” teased Wonwoo.

           

Mingming smiled once they were by themselves and intertwined his fingers with Jun’s. S.Coups’ truck suddenly flew past them and Jun immediately pulled his hand away. Mingming frowned.

“Exactly for how long do we have to keep this a secret?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” mumbled Jun.

“They’ll find out sooner or later anyway. I’m sure something will slip. Or someone will connect the dots,” said Mingming.

“So we’ll just have to be careful,”

“The guys won’t hate us, if that’s what you’re worried about. We’ve known them for so long. I doubt this one little secret would make them treat us any different,”

“Little?” snorted Jun. “People like us are hated all over the world.

“Sometimes I regret it…” he added.

Mingming cupped the older boy’s cheek and turned him to face him. “Are you sure you regret it?” He stood on his toes so that their faces were level and pressed his lips against Jun’s.

Time stopped.

 Fireworks exploded.

Then Mingming pulled away. “Are you sure you regret this?” he whispered.

 Jun smiled.

“No,”