Chapter 1

Secrets

        Yah! Kim Mingyu!" shouted Wonwoo. He threw a pebble at Mingyu's bedroom window. "Mingyu-ah! Are you ready yet?" The window flew open and a dark-haired boy stuck his head out. "Be quiet!" he hissed. "My dad just woke up!"

        On cue, the front door blasted open and a man stumbled outside, one had holding a mug of coffee, the other pointing at the group of boys standing on his lawn. "You little punks!" he yelled. "You wake up every morning and run around the whole neighbourhood like a herd of elephants. Screaming like a bunch of hooligans and..."

        "Did he say we're like a herd of elephants?" sniggered Hoshi.

        Suddenly, a backpack fell, nearly hitting him on the head, proceeded by Mingyu, who jumped out of the window as well. "And now we run," he said, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. Then he turned and flashed his father a smile. "Bye dad~"

        The group of boys disappeared and Mingyu's father retreated back inside. A typical start to every weekend...

 

        Two...four...six...eight... Only eight out of their group of fifteen were present.

        "Where's everyone else?" asked Mingyu.

        "S.Coups-Hyung, Jeonghan-Hyung and Joshua-Hyung picked up Samuel and already left. Woozi went to get Dino and Vernon," answered Hoshi.

        Mingyu nodded.

        "I see them!" shouted D.K.

        Mingyu squinted his eyes. Not too far up ahead, he could make out four figures standing outside the basketball court. The figures waved and the smallest of them ran across the road, towards them. D.K ruffled his hair.

        "Samuel! What's up, little dude?" Wonwoo yelled, high-fiving the eleven year old. He picked him up, placing him on his shoulders. "Woozi, Vernon and Dino are on their way," he informed S.Coups. The eldest nodded, showing two thumbs up. "Joshua and Jeonghan prepared a whole feast," he whispered. "I may or may not have stolen a sausage or two,"

        Wonwoo glanced behind S.Coups where their 'second mothers' waited next to a red truck filled with bags and containers. "Ooh, nice car," commented Minghao. "Who's?"

        "Mine!" shouted S.Coups. "A present from my parents for getting into University,"

        "Wait, you got in?" exclaimed Jun. "Congratulations!"

        "Hyung, this is big news! Why didn't you tell us earlier?!" asked Mingming.

        "You have to treat us to food now," said Seungkwan slyly.

        "That's exactly why I didn't tell..." sighed S.Coups.

        "PIZZA!" screamed Samuel, paying no attention to S.Coups.

        'Yes, Pizza!" agreed Mingyu.

        Immediately, they began a chant of "pizza". S.Coups covered his ears. "Ah, arraseo, arraseo! I'll buy you pizza!" he shouted.

        They all seemed pleased, judging by the way they screamed and ran into the court.

        "Pizza for fifteen greedy kids," pouted S.Coups. "I'm going to be broke,"

        Joshua chuckled, earning a glare from S.Coups. "Oh, you're just as bad as them you know!" he retorted and stormed inside. Joshua followed, laughing at the eldest's childishness.

 

        They had just begun one basketball match when Woozi arrived with Dino and Vernon.

        "DiCaprio!" screamed Hoshi, hugging Vernon.

        "Did we miss anything?" asked Dino.

        "Not much, just that S.Coups-Hyung is going to buy us pizza," answered Wonwoo.

        "Pizza!" yelled Vernon.

        S.Coups scowled. "You brats and your love for pizza..."

        "My life is pizza," said Wonwoo.

        "Talking about pizza is making me hungry," said Seunghkwan.

        "I say we have breakfast first, then basketball," suggested Joshua.

 

        S.Coups wasn't kidding when he said Joshua and Jeonghan prepared a feast. Sausages, boiled eggs, omelettes, toasted bread, not toasted bread, sandwiches, basket full of different flavoured jam packets, a cooler filled with sodas and cold water bottles and a banana milk packet for Samuel.

       Such a huge spread, so much time spent making it, yet it was all gone within minutes. "At this rate, I'll need to buy a hundred pizza boxes. I'm gonna have to sell my car," said S.coups. Clearly, he was still -hurt over the pizza.

        "Complain all you want, Hyung. We're not giving in on free pizza," said Mingyu. He his fingers clean and picked up the ball. "I'm on Wonwoo's team,"

        "Oldest VS Youngest. You and Jun-Hyung can switch," said Hoshi.

        So that it was. Oldest vs Youngest.

        In the Oldest team: S.Coups, Jeonghan, Joshua, Mingyu, Hoshi, Wonwoo and Woozi.

        Youngest team: Samuel, Dino, Vernon, Seungkwan, Minghao, Jun, D.K and Mingming.

        There was a slight argument on which team would have the extra player, but Mingming decided to join the youngest team with Jun. All morning and afternoon were spent at the court. They lost a few matches, won a few, drew a few, but in the end the Oldest team won despite having one less member.

"Too bad kiddos," grinned Hoshi.

        Samuel crossed his arms, pouting. "Awwn, don't be upset Sammy," Woozi hugged the little boy. "I'll buy you ice-cream tomorrow," he whispered. At the word ice-cream, Samuel immediately brightened.

        "Let's call it a day, guys," said Joshua, tossing the basketball to S.Coups. "See you all tomorrow! S.Coups-hyung is going to treat us. Come on Samuel, we're dropping you off," Samuel, mumbling something about ice-cream, was dragged to S.Coups' truck.

        "Bye!" yelled D.K as the others waved.

        "I'm taking Dino and Vernon back," said Woozi. He turned to D.K and Seungkwan. "Want to come?" The two nodded.

        That left Wonwoo, Mingyu, Hoshi and the China line to walk home by themselves. They reached Mingyu's house first, then Wonwoo, Minghao and Mingming, and finally Hoshi as Jun lived the furthest. 

 

        Hoshi waved a final goodbye at Jun before walking up to his front door. He placed his hand on the door knob and froze. Inside, he could faintly hear the sound of a heated argument between two people. Jun eyed him, confused. "Is something wrong?" he asked. 

        It was the first time Jun had seen Hoshi's smile falter. Hoshi opened his mouth, staring at door uneasily. "Is it..." Hoshi hesitated. "Is it alright if I hang around your place for a while?"

        "Sure, of course," Jun answered. Something was definitely wrong. Even the most oblivious person could tell. The mood had taken a 180 degree turn and the smiles and laughs from only a few minutes ago might have been non-existent. Jun sneaked glances at Hoshi every now and then. He was oddly quiet and clearly upset, but now wasn't the right time to ask.

        But then, not everything was sunshine and rainbows was it? There's a time for everyone when they're at their worst. Everyone has some sort of deep secret. Jun had one of his own. And it wasn't one he was planning on revealing anytime soon.


First chapter done! Yay!

Just so you guys know, have this same story on Quotev under a different username (xxkiyomixx) along with another K-Pop fanfic (that is not about Seventeen unfortunately) but if you wanna check that out, go ahead. ^ ^

Peace out, XOXO