Chapter 4

Secrets

 

           “Mingming and I…  We’re dating,”

            Jun didn’t know exactly how Hoshi would react, but he wasn’t expecting him to jump out of bed and scream ‘that he knew it’ before giving in to a fit of coughs.

            “You knew?” he asked, rubbing the younger’s back.

            Hoshi sighed. “You two are so touchy-feely with each other all the time, it was more than obvious,”

            “So, you don’t care? That…we’re gay?”

            The other replied with a shake of his head. “I said earlier. I wouldn’t ever look at you any differently than I do now- Woah,” Jun enveloped him in a bone crushing hug.

            “Thank you,” he murmured.

            Hoshi ruffled his hair. “Careful. We wouldn’t want your boyfriend to get jealous,” he teased. “I’d advise you though,” he said as Jun pulled away. “Not to tell the others. We’ve discussed the two of you before and… let’s say… not all of them approve,”

            “Alright. This is between you, me and Mingming,”

            Hoshi mimed locking his lips and pocketed the key.

 

            Later…

        “I told you they wouldn’t care the least,”

            “He said not all of them approve though,”

            “I still win,” Mingming stuck out his tongue.

            They walked down the familiar path from Mingming’s school to home, fingers intertwined, as usual. “Can we stay out for a while?” Mingming asked after a while.

            “It’s getting late though, and you still have to go to school tomorrow,” Jun argued.

            “Just for a little while? Please?” Mingming begged, pouting.

            Never, he could never refuse Mingming’s needs when he used aegyo. It was impossible, not just for him but for anyone. Jun sighed as he gave in. “Fine. For a little while,”

            “Where do you want to go?”

            “Somewhere quiet. Isolated. Where it’s just the two of us,”

            “The park?”

            “Perfect,”

             The park situated by the school was ideal for anyone planning a quiet, late night out. Normally, it would be empty, save for the occasional person who decided to stay behind and admire the stars dotting the pitch black. However, one specific night, they were a bit careless. A bit reckless. Did what they shouldn’t have done without confirming their privacy. On the day that followed, everything changed.

            Even though he started going to University, Jun would still make an effort to walk home with Mingming after school. On days when he was too busy, he’d send Mingming a text in advance and he’d have to walk home by himself. It just happened to be one of those days it all happened.

            Neither Mingming nor Jun were thinking when the kiss happened. It just happened. Maybe if they had checked their surroundings they would have spotted the two school boys spying on them. But they hadn’t. And the boys weren’t prepared to let go of the juicy gossip surrounding the Chinese student.

At the beginning, it was barely noticeable. Then the dead silence and the hundreds of pairs of eyes gazing a hole through his back whenever he walked down the hallway was discomforting enough to be noticed.

            At first Mingming had rubbed it off, assuming he had dressed funny or something, but when some idiot shoved a phone in his face displaying a certain photograph, he knew he was deep in trouble and it was just going to get worse.

            The photograph was posted on the boys’ social media and the speed it travelled around the school in was astonishing; nearly every student had seen it within 24 hours and none of the comments were pretty.

            ‘F*** off, gay b****,’

            ‘Seriously, he’s so disgusting,’

            ‘I thought he was nice, I’ve changed my mind now,’

            ‘He should just f*** off. No one wants him except for his gay boyfriend,’

            Mingming had read every single one of them. He knew he shouldn't but during break, he found himself scrolling through the comment section on his phone, locked in the bathroom. The words were venomous, poison-like but Yao Mingming wasn’t one who’d let words dominate him.

            He sighed as he switched off his phone and swung open the bathroom door. Break would be over in a few minutes, he should probably get something to eat.

            Someone shoved him while he was walking through the hallway and he tripped and fell flat on his face. That someone grabbed his hair and yanked his head up giving him a clear look at his face. L.Joe a.k.a Lee Byunghun. King of the school you could say. Unless you’re a , you’d avoid him and his gang at all costs.

            “Aww, it’s the little gay boy, Mingming,” He pulled Mingming onto his feet and slammed him against the lockers.

            “Oh look, it’s the queen of the school with his pretty pink hair,” shot back Mingming. L.Joe laughed, but it was anything but amused.

            He eyed Mingming from head to toe, taking in the casual shirt and jeans the other was wearing. “I’d expect a gay to a little better at dressing themselves. I mean, aren’t you guys meant to be fabulous?” he asked.

            When Mingming didn’t answer, he took a second turn at throwing an insult. “Does your boyfriend have a car? Or is he a jobless ? Does it have sparkles?”

            “Aren’t you the one with a sparkly pink car? You know, to match with your fairy floss hair,”

            That wiped the smirk right off L.Joe’s face. “You’re pretty good with your words, Ching Chong,” he spat. He punched Mingming in the gut and the latter doubled over in pain.

            No one messes with Lee Byunghun, but no one messes with Yao Mingming either.

            Mingming raised a fist and sent a blow at L.Joe’s ‘pretty little face’. He could have sworn he heard a crack as his fist made contact.

            L.Joe staggered back, one hand over his nose. And the red seeping through the cracks between his fingers was the indication for all hell to break loose.

            Had the fight been one on one between him and L.Joe, he would’ve probably won. However, put up against all five of L.Joe’s crew, he didn’t really stand much chance. The teachers ran out of their classrooms to pull apart the boys leaving Mingming a beaten up heap on the floor.

            Being the one worst injured, Mingming easily escaped afterschool detention whereas L.Joe and his gang were signed up for cleaning out the gym locker room. That night, he couldn’t have been gladder Jun wasn’t coming to pick him up. He didn’t want his hyung to worry. He could deal with this himself. No one had to know.

            He snuck up to his room the moment he got home claiming that ‘he wasn’t hungry’ and that ‘he was going straight to bed’. He wasn’t lying. After the day’s events, he was completely worn out. Before he went to sleep though, he stole his mother’s make-up set to cover up the bruises the next morning. As for the cuts… they couldn’t be concealed with make-up but he could cover them with lies.

            He groaned and lay down in bed, still fully dressed. Thank God tomorrow was the start of the weekend…


I finally managed to finish writing this. I would have been able to finish this earlier but I had to spend hours to come up with the insults.

Anyways, yay! My teen top bias has joined the story! (Although he's evil,) 

BTW, do any of you guys know which days are considered the weekend in Korea? If you do, can you please please please tell me? I'm not quite sure how University works either. I'm still a student, :P. 

Peace Out, XOXO~